Animal Crossing: New Horizons

13 minutes ago, Daley said:

No joy on the blue roses front. Thinking I am going to start again from scratch. Seems the route I chose is the one that can provide either "good" reds or "bad" ones and there's no way to know.

Should keep my attention for a bit longer if nothing else...

Have you been digging them up and mixing them around? That was suggested to me when I was on it, so if you’ve got a bunch of the duds there next to all the good ones you’d never get a blue and you moving them round the plot occasionally might put some of the good ones together now so they get a chance of them breeding on the next day. 
And I think with flowers all of the same colour planting them in a grid pattern rather than pairs or in a diamond style is better, as each flower is ‘connected’ to more others so it gets a better chance to pair up with one of them. Like this from back when I was on with Pansies and Windflowers...

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

I'd like that quaint painting if it is still available please?

Sure no problem :) I'll open up now. As per usual I'll be AFK but help yourself to anything you find that takes your fancy. I've done my shopping in Nooks as well. 

5 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Sure no problem :) I'll open up now. As per usual I'll be AFK but help yourself to anything you find that takes your fancy. I've done my shopping in Nooks as well. 

Thanks.

Will pop over right away!

4 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Have you been digging them up and mixing them around? That was suggested to me when I was on it, so if you’ve got a bunch of the duds there next to all the good ones you’d never get a blue and you moving them round the plot occasionally might put some of the good ones together now so they get a chance of them breeding on the next day. 
And I think with flowers all of the same colour planting them in a grid pattern rather than pairs or in a diamond style is better, as each flower is ‘connected’ to more others so it gets a better chance to pair up with one of them. Like this from back when I was on with Pansies and Windflowers...

Ah interesting. So this:

xxx

x x

xxx

rather than this

x x

x

x x

which is what I have been doing.

I do rotate them but no joy thus far. I think you offered me some reds that were the right ones so thanks again but I really feel like I am close so want to crack this one way or another.

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

I just shifted mine for 520 in exchange for 2 NMT. I've hit the 10 million target for the Nook reward and I never have to do that again.

image.png.085cdd512fe6c42eecb296c7f6f6170a.png

How does this happen?  I’ve never seen a price on my island above 120, and that’s rare.  Is it linked to visiting other people’s islands as I don’t have Nintendo Online for my account, only my son does for Overwatch and doesn’t really play AC.

25 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

Is it linked to visiting other people’s islands

Yup, afraid so! There's a website called the Turnip Exchange where people post dodo codes to their island and you can join a queue. There's always somebody on there with the price at 500+ :)

I did get a price around 500 back in the spring, but I've never seen it above about 250 since.

8 hours ago, Daley said:

Ah interesting. So this:

xxx

x x

xxx

rather than this

x x

x

x x

which is what I have been doing.

I do rotate them but no joy thus far. I think you offered me some reds that were the right ones so thanks again but I really feel like I am close so want to crack this one way or another.

Yeah just a basic square grid or similar with alternative rows one space over was reckoned to be pretty much most efficient cause you’re packing more flowers into an area and every flower will be touching up to 6 others so better chance for them to connect with one to breed with and there’s less wasted empty space, but still enough for new spawns to grow into. 
That was what I went with...

43278562-81A8-48E7-A6FF-B330D0096A09.thumb.jpeg.433cb4f78b420bd694711d692ed21948.jpeg

Explained here...

And I think with them roses you’ve got when you get a new red ones popping in they’ll be clones of what’s there so if I remember right I was advised to keep just adding them to the layout and expanding it cause while they might be duds they could be more good ones that might get you the blue. Just make sure to mix and move them around. 

Yup, I’ve still got about half dozen of the super duper reds put to one side that give a definite GUARANTEED output of blues (25% of time).

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Talking of flowers. If anybody wants to see how the mind of someone with serious OCD manifests itself in this game, visit @Meatball's island. The man has issues ;)  (only joking matey)

Jealousy is not very becoming of you :P 

Light shooty star showers this eve and Celeste visiting giving out a new astronomical DIY recipe.

Bursts of stars due at 19:54, 20:26, 20:33, 20:49, 21:02, 21:07, 21:17, 21:18 if anyone wants to visit and time it so there'll be stars to wish on.

What is it with my shit luck in this game. No matter how much I play it always works against me. As we’re getting close to a new month and a new season, I’m still lacking a lot of mush recipes. I’ve been on for three hours straight now, cleaning up flowers and not one single balloon has been spotted.

Oh, and wtf is Audie up to :blink:

20 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I have the Franklin Poster if anyone would like one to celebrate Turkey Day

image.png.e04e4a25284029f5e12a48e54b5d3da1.png

Also 3 spare seasonal recipe cards:

Mush Partition

Mush Low Stool

Maple Leaf Umbrella

That partition is at the top of my wanted mushroom list followed by the giant shroom and the excellent lamps but I have now given up on trying to obtain them as the rewards v time needed (one mushroom recipe so far) are stacked against me.

Bah!

6 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I have the Franklin Poster if anyone would like one to celebrate Turkey Day

image.png.e04e4a25284029f5e12a48e54b5d3da1.png

Please! Are these an Amiibo thing? I thought Nintendo had stopped people sharing the posters?

I'm a little confused by Turkey Day. I've gotten all the items from the turkey, but going house to house I'm just given new ingredients instead of items. Do you just keep at it?

I think it's a shame you can't collect the stationery as an item, like previous games.

30 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Please! Are these an Amiibo thing? I thought Nintendo had stopped people sharing the posters?

I'm a little confused by Turkey Day. I've gotten all the items from the turkey, but going house to house I'm just given new ingredients instead of items. Do you just keep at it?

I think it's a shame you can't collect the stationery as an item, like previous games.

Yeah, amiibo things.  I can share as I scanned the amiibo to get it initially so am not trying to re-share something that was shared to me

I'll send it when on after work

In terms of turkey day I believe its as follows (spoilered for those that have not started it yet)

Spoiler

1. make the 4 dishes by giving the requested ingredients - get 4 unique turkey day items in return

2. franklin tells you that there are secret ingredients that will enhance the recipes

3. give him the secret ingredients (you don't need the original ones again)

4. you get one of the other non-unique turkey day items in return for each one

5 after enhancing all 4 of the recipes you get a special gift

Spoiler

(recipes for all 8 of the non-unique turkey day items)

In terms of what the secret ingredients are then cooking villagers will tell you in return for fish and some are pretty "guessable" too.

Also, if any are already in your inventory Franklin will 'sniff them out' and ask for them when you talk to him, this is how I 'found' the first one :lol:

Ah right. Thanks for the info...

Spoiler

so, fetch an ingredient for a villager and they tell you the ingredient the turkey wants. I thought they were asking for more ingredients for themselves, which made me wonder how many more times is this necessary for the items?

Does this end at 6pm? :unsure:

Midnight I think he said. I read a guide which mentioned the 

Spoiler

secret ingredients

but made it sound like I had done it "wrong" and missed my chance and I got very stressed. Very un-Animal Crossing I thought but it was just badly worded.

29 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Ah right. Thanks for the info...

Hide contents

so, fetch an ingredient for a villager and they tell you the ingredient the turkey wants. I thought they were asking for more ingredients for themselves, which made me wonder how many more times is this necessary for the items?

Does this end at 6pm? :unsure:

ends at midnight, I was keen and spoke to Franklin at about 7:30 this morning and he said 9am til midnight

10 hours ago, Daley said:

Yes please! Cheers.

That reminds me @Meatball I owe you a menu board, sorry forgot to send yesterday will send now.

Cheers! I had been furiously checking my mail in anticipation :lol:

3 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yeah, amiibo things.  I can share as I scanned the amiibo to get it initially so am not trying to re-share something that was shared to me

I'll send it when on after work

In terms of turkey day I believe its as follows (spoilered for those that have not started it yet)

Reveal hidden contents

1. make the 4 dishes by giving the requested ingredients - get 4 unique turkey day items in return

2. franklin tells you that there are secret ingredients that will enhance the recipes

3. give him the secret ingredients (you don't need the original ones again)

4. you get one of the other non-unique turkey day items in return for each one

5 after enhancing all 4 of the recipes you get a special gift

Reveal hidden contents

(recipes for all 8 of the non-unique turkey day items)

In terms of what the secret ingredients are then cooking villagers will tell you in return for fish and some are pretty "guessable" too.

Also, if any are already in your inventory Franklin will 'sniff them out' and ask for them when you talk to him, this is how I 'found' the first one :lol:

I sped through the chat a bit quick and didn't quite catch it all 100%. I think did he say something about the DIY's will be avaiilable in Nook's tomorrow? So no disaster if you miss today :unsure:

And I'll take a turkey chef man poster please.

3 hours ago, tbb said:

Turkey day is great. I've done all the tasks now, got the DIY and now it's party time in Aurora!

Also, I caught a tarantula if anyone needs one? I know they're pretty rare.

You can't swap/trade any creatures unfortunately.

Yeah, I was quite pleased once I got given the recipes. That stand looks quite versatile. Did Franklin say the recipes would appear in the shop tomorrow? Does that mean they would've been in there anyway? :sherlock:

Oh yeah, cheers for the poster @StumpyJohn :)