Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I had a birthday yesterday and a new resident today so still no new recipe from the morning announcement.

One nice thing I have noticed (unless I am imagining things) is if you keep giving your residents gifts they seem to give you something you don't have, either in a different colour or completely new which is pretty cool. 

13 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I have Redd today and he has a real wistful painting going spare if anyone wants it.  Can open up later this afternoon and/ or this evening

Yes please if that's OK, I don't have that one. Whenever suits you.

Cheers.

Is there a set number of mushrooms that appear every day, or can you encourage them by planting trees a certain way? They don't seem to grow around fruit trees at all and they don't grow around the conifers in my graveyard either, perhaps because they're only one square apart? I just wondered if anyone had a grasp of the mushroom 'rules'.

16 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Is there a set number of mushrooms that appear every day, or can you encourage them by planting trees a certain way? They don't seem to grow around fruit trees at all and they don't grow around the conifers in my graveyard either, perhaps because they're only one square apart? I just wondered if anyone had a grasp of the mushroom 'rules'.

rules seem to be pretty simple:

• There are 5 different types
  • 4 grow above ground and 1 below (marked with X just like any other buried item)
  • Only grow near hardwood & cedar  trees or stumps
  • Only 5 grow each day (seems to be a random mix of the various types)

Edit, after moving some things around I can see that mushrooms appear next to cedar trees too

Ah right, so there is a max-per-day. I thought the number seemed pretty meagre. I've not had a buried one though and it's unlikely I've missed them because I always get my fossils. Maybe I should pull up a few more weeds...

I've got Label today. I wish you could tell Wilbur and Orville to deny her entry through customs, totally pointless character.

3 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Ah right, so there is a max-per-day. I thought the number seemed pretty meagre. I've not had a buried one though and it's unlikely I've missed them because I always get my fossils. Maybe I should pull up a few more weeds...

I've got Label today. I wish you could tell Wilbur and Orville to deny her entry through customs, totally pointless character.

Yeah, Label is pointless.  Wish they would replace her with a new NPC visitor, an old favourite from the previous games or perhaps Pascal could appear on land and be a way to request models of the deep sea creatures.  Would love models of some of them.

Took full advantage of some time off work today to do a bit of remodelling of the long neglected top part of my island :lol: (should have been on holiday up a mountain somewhere warm or on a city break :()

Accidentally spotted that there is an awesome customisation for the leaf campfire

El732evVkAABecC.thumb.jpeg.9c3924100463b99bedefcdd47cb90e34.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Has there been an update recently to this? Just noticed that Timmy and Tommy don’t follow you around the shop like you are gonna nick it all!

Nope. They're still following me. Your gates aren't open for visitors? 

34 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Man, I really should be getting back into the turnips game. I mean, I still can't even afford to have a second floor in my house. 

There are still a few people looking out for good prices, must admit I stopped doing nips ages ago and often forget to look at the price now

There are lots of other ways to make decent money, easily enough for house extensions.  For example:

Crafting

Keep an eye on whats hot at nooks and craft & sell it for typically 4x the value of the materials used.  This is really good when its an item that uses iron in it or anything from the mermaid set as a pearl alone is worth 10k normally.  Some of the shell set items sell at great prices too (shell arch is almost 25k when 'hot', shell lamp & sandy beach floor are 8k when hot etc)

Farming/ Growing

A bunch of random deep sea creatures average about 1k each but stuff like the crabs, lobsters and venus basket are all 5k or more.  Pearls are 10k but you want to hold onto those for crafting.

No sharks or really valuable bugs around at the moment but the Snapper and Barred Knifejaw are worth a few k each

If you have blue or golden roses then their petals are worth 1k each and double that when crafted into the blue/ gold crown and wreath.  These never appear as hot items though so you have to make do with 2x the value of the materials used

I'd add fossils to that list too if you have filled out your museum, worth a bit if you sell them and don't gift them to residents.

Also as mentioned a little upthread planting 10k in the hole you find money in guarantees a return of 30k in a few days. (I think you can plant more but 10k is the highest amount which guarantees a return I think I read somewhere.)

Stopped doing nips once I got the achievement and still fine to buy what I need and have a healthy balance every day.

Some spare recipes before I sell them.

Acoustic guitar

Birdcage

Cardboard chair

Cosmos shower

Deer scare

DIY workbench

Doghouse

Hyacinth lamp

Iron garden bench

Iron shelf

Ironwood DIY workbench

Kettlebell

Log chair

Mossy garden rock

Raccoon figurine

Stacked magazines

Pansy table

Wooden-block chest

Wooden mini table

Wooden simple bed

And a couple of Spooky recipes which I may have mentioned already but thought I would mention before I sell:

Spooky scarecrow

Spooky tower