Animal Crossing: New Horizons

21 hours ago, Meatball said:

Just ordered the black and red ones out of my catalogue for shipping to you. If ayone else has others I wouldn't mind them either, ta.

Ok, what stunt are you trying to pull, sending me a red bin that has a black lid. It's ruined my islands aesthetic................ :P  

17 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

@Meatball I just sent a brown and green bin. You can order them for SteveH because he doesn't appear in my friend list. :) 

We should fix that young fella me lad!

edit: ahhhh, we are friends but we mustn't have met each other in the game yet! I thought it was strange that we wouldn't have been friends already :) 

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

We should fix that young fella me lad!

edit: ahhhh, we are friends but we mustn't have met each other in the game yet! I thought it was strange that we wouldn't have been friends already :) 

Yeah, I noticed that the last time I wanted to send something! I just opened up if you want to pop over. I'll probably be afk, but you can grab some recipes if you like, the place is littered with them. :)

Dodo: 73LG2

Edit: I think he went to bed. Maybe tomorrow. :)

10 hours ago, Daley said:

Amazingly of that list I do not have:

Cherry Wall

Pile of Zen Cushions

Straw Umbrella Hat

Fancy Rose Wreath

Sleigh

Leaf

Have posted you the first 2 of those, will send more tomorrow

2 hours ago, Daley said:

I have a yellow one. Sending now.

Could you send me a yellow bin too please

On 29/09/2020 at 12:05, SteveH said:

Finally got Lyman's photo! Little bastard could open his own museum with the amount of fossils he has had off me.

edit: I assume there are more colours of wheelie bin that just green (which I have)? Could some kind soul sort me out with extra colours of them? I think it's about time my villagers learnt how to sort out their waste. 

Not seen anyone mention the white one so have sent you one of those

If anyone has the red version could they please send me one

10 hours ago, Daley said:

Ah right, cheers. Not installed it yet. Thanks for the DIYs @StumpyJohn.

If anyone else needs any please let me know, i'll hold off using them for a bit. 

Also, just realised, last day for a bunch of fish/bugs/sea creatures:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-bugs-fish-september-arriving-leaving-animal-crossing-new-horizons-7018

If you're not desperate for the rose wreath one...

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Ok, what stunt are you trying to pull, sending me a red bin that has a black lid. It's ruined my islands aesthetic................ :P  

I thought that's what they're like round your way ;)

19 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Sent. Black lid and all.

Also fowarded the brown on to @SteveH I think....brain fade moment and now can't remember :blush:

Let me know if not and I'll get on it ASAP.

Has there always been a "Not for sale" toggle option in the catalogue, to hide the crafted or special event gift type items? :unsure:

And are randomly appearing gold roses a thing? I've had one appear today. But I haven't got my island tidy enough for 5* rating to have the gold can yet and nobody visited yesterday who could've watered it.

24 minutes ago, Meatball said:

If you're not desperate for the rose wreath one..

Thanks for the bin, have posted you the roses DIY as Daley said to let others have a pick of them too

Has there always been a "Not for sale" toggle option in the catalogue, to hide the crafted or special event gift type items? :unsure:

No, its new in todays update

And are randomly appearing gold roses a thing? I've had one appear today. But I haven't got my island tidy enough for 5* rating to have the gold can yet and nobody visited yesterday who could've watered it.

It's not random but can appear to be:

Once a black rose has been watered with a gold it becomes 'primed' to produce a gold rose.  It does not loose that state until it has produced that gold rose so can produce one at a seeming random point from then onwards if watered 'normally' (by you, a visitor, a villager) or rained on

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thanks for the bin, have posted you the roses DIY as Daley said to let others have a pick of them too

No, its new in todays update

It's not random but can appear to be:

Once a black rose has been watered with a gold it becomes 'primed' to produce a gold rose.  It does not loose that state until it has produced that gold rose so can produce one at a seeming random point from then onwards if watered 'normally' (by you, a visitor, a villager) or rained on

Cool, at least I hadn't missed it all this time then and was observant enough to spot it today.

That makes sense about the roses ta. It is in the same spot a couple of others did appear a month or two back, so whoever watered them must've got this one too and yesterday's rain finally awoke its super powers.

7 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, I noticed that the last time I wanted to send something! I just opened up if you want to pop over. I'll probably be afk, but you can grab some recipes if you like, the place is littered with them. :)

Dodo: 73LG2

Edit: I think he went to bed. Maybe tomorrow. :)

Ah sorry mate. It was getting cold in the living room so I went to bed to watch Preacher :) 

2 more of the DIYs posted to @Daley

If anyone wants a Jack Amiibo poster then just ask and I'll send one from my catalog

jacks-poster.1fa164b.png

All the additional posters disappeared from my catalog after the update. Even after you search using the word 'poster'.  Thankfully got them all on the wall but can't even re-order after I take one down and pick it up.

I was wondering if that was linked to the new portrait's which has maybe replaced them.

If anyone wants a Jack Amiibo poster then just ask and I'll send one from my catalog

jacks-poster.1fa164b.png

Ooh, I’d love that please! Are you looking for anything?

jacks-poster.1fa164b.png

Yes please!

I've only just come back after 2 months away, how often can I get acorns and pinecones? I've got 5 total after 2 days of shaking trees.

Also do I need to know owt special about growing pumpkins aside from "plant, water, harvest"?

What’s the deal with getting an amiibo character to move in even though you’ve hit the island cap? We’re on day 3 now of asking an invited character and they’ve said that resident services say the island is full? I was expecting to be given the choice to kick someone out?? Is that not how it works?

Can anyone help out? We need Baabara dammit!

I'll send out the Jack Posters when I am next on, will either be lunchtime or this evening

Only thing I am after at the moment is the Garbage Bin in Yellow

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

I've only just come back after 2 months away, how often can I get acorns and pinecones? I've got 5 total after 2 days of shaking trees.

You can get them all the time.  There is no limit to how many you can get other than time and patience as there is a low chance of getting one with each shake.

I think I get a ratio of about 1 acorn/ pinecone to 8 tree branches and eventually I get fed up of shaking and picking up all the useless branches!

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Also do I need to know owt special about growing pumpkins aside from "plant, water, harvest"?

There was also a bit that said watering them gives a higher yield and that they appear in 4 random colours

5 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

What’s the deal with getting an amiibo character to move in even though you’ve hit the island cap? We’re on day 3 now of asking an invited character and they’ve said that resident services say the island is full? I was expecting to be given the choice to kick someone out?? Is that not how it works?

Can anyone help out? We need Baabara dammit!

Yeah, they say "resident services say the island is full" and then immediately give you the option to see if someone wants to move out.  The villager you pick then always agrees to go.  Have not done one of these for a while but must have done about 20 or so in total and its always been as above

12 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thanks for all the DIYs.

You have mail!

Glad to finally be able to send you something for a change!

Also I will join the queue for a Jack Amiibo poster when you can order/send any more stuff.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

What's the deal with posters? Are they different to photos? How do you get posters? Cheers

Posters are bigger than photos, can only be hung on walls and cant be customised.  They are bought from Nook Shopping rather than gifted by Villagers.

Posters become available to buy from Nook Shopping after you have placed the character in Harv's Studio.  By default you can only place your Villagers in Harv's Studio but if you have the Amiibo or Amiibo Card for an NPC or Villager you can also use that to invite them.

If there is a particular character poster you want but cant access then just ask and I probably have it as I have access to most of them

Will do a pic of a poster and photo for the same character side by side when I am on later

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yeah, they say "resident services say the island is full" and then immediately give you the option to see if someone wants to move out.  The villager you pick then always agrees to go.  Have not done one of these for a while but must have done about 20 or so in total and its always been as above

Cheers, thanks for that. I also realised that I hadn't hit the resident cap either! So a quick visit to that crook Nook and Baabara is staying put. 8-) 

Will be good to know for the other characters we want to bring back. Still can't believe Nintendo stopped making Amiibo cards. What a licence to print money they are. At this moment in time I'd even go as far to suggest that AC might well be Nintendo's crown jewel, above even Mario..

Just now, gizmo1990 said:

Cheers, thanks for that. I also realised that I hadn't hit the resident cap either! So a quick visit to that crook Nook and Baabara is staying put. 8-) 

Will be good to know for the other characters we want to bring back. Still can't believe Nintendo stopped making Amiibo cards. What a licence to print money they are. At this moment in time I'd even go as far to suggest that AC might well be Nintendo's crown jewel, above even Mario or Zelda..

8 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Will be good to know for the other characters we want to bring back. Still can't believe Nintendo stopped making Amiibo cards. What a licence to print money they are. At this moment in time I'd even go as far to suggest that AC might well be Nintendo's crown jewel, above even Mario..

There was a news item a couple of days ago saying that they were going to re-release the 4 series of amiibo cards soon, not sure if UK/ Europe was included though.

I was sore as its the Welcome Amiibo set that I want plus a Series 5 for the new characters and Villagers that currently do not have cards

22 minutes ago, SteveH said:

@StumpyJohnah ok, cheers for that. I'll be honest, I haven't done any Harv stuff yet. I haven't even met him :ph34r:

Here is a side by side of Goldie's Poster and Photo

EjPck-lU0AEJxCR.thumb.jpeg.3ac27fcf0726080bb3ddb670e17d1b5a.jpeg

2 hours ago, Daley said:

Thanks for all the DIYs.

You have mail!

Glad to finally be able to send you something for a change!

Also I will join the queue for a Jack Amiibo poster when you can order/send any more stuff.

Cheers!

I have sent you a Jack Poster and I think I have sent one to everyone else that asked too.  If you have no poster in the mail or have not asked yet and want one then please shout.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

All the additional posters disappeared from my catalog after the update. Even after you search using the word 'poster'.  Thankfully got them all on the wall but can't even re-order after I take one down and pick it up.

I was wondering if that was linked to the new portrait's which has maybe replaced them.

Just checked and mine all still appear to be present both on the posters tab and when I search.  I can see both Jacks Poster (orderable) and the new Jacks Portrait (not for sale) too if I search for Jack.

I think someone mentioned before that they dont appear in your catalog if they have been sent to you, they only appear there if you have got them via Harv's island.  Not sure if that is correct though and would clearly not explain them being there in the past and now disappearing!