Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I see I have Redd in town.

He has a real girl with the pearl earring (wistful I think?) and fake scary and solemn. 

I bought a big statue which I forgot to check authenticity of.

If anyone wants in I will open to friends in a minute but will be mostly AFK. Help yourself to any of the recipes that were blown across the island by the meteor too...

4 hours ago, David Heath said:

lol

Thing is I hate garish colours so that won't work.

Looking at the Wiki and I think Marshal would be ideal.

232Marshal-KsebPE.png

Marshall is really cute though, despite the permanent scowl. He’s also the worlds sweetest emo squirrel.

He never leaves my island 

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

I tend to get them in the order softwood > hardwood > wood but overall the difference in %age between the three is probably pretty small.  I mostly chop palm trees as no need to be worried about wasps coming out of them

It's definitely Softwood>Wood>Hardwood for me. I wonder if it's different on different islands... I'm the same though with the palm trees. Wasps are so annoying, I just let them butcher my face now.

@Mike SI have Zucker! I have Octavian too, another octopus, but very cranky.

Woah, didn't know you could place horseshoe crabs?? Just spotted one on Tet's beach.

11 hours ago, Number 28 said:

@Mike SI have Zucker! I have Octavian too, another octopus, but very cranky

Went to see him this morning now that he has settled in. His decor comprises a food truck and a candy floss cart and he was walking around eating a chocolate donut.

He is my new favourite villager. 

12 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Woah, didn't know you could place horseshoe crabs?? Just spotted one on Tet's beach.

Yep, I've got Derek the horseshoe crab on guard on static patrol on my beach near the airport ready to deal with any intruders.

May still be around in the Southern hemisphere, but not due in Northern til spring I believe...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.800cc14fd3c597af68b322ce47f523de.png

:omg:

Finally got Lyman's photo! Little bastard could open his own museum with the amount of fossils he has had off me.

edit: I assume there are more colours of wheelie bin that just green (which I have)? Could some kind soul sort me out with extra colours of them? I think it's about time my villagers learnt how to sort out their waste. 

I still have no idea how to breed roses.

I have an area on my island full of white, yellow, pink, and red roses all dumped together with random gaps between them. The occasional purple one will appear every few days, and then less often I'll get an orange one and wonder how the fuck that happened, but I still have a long gap in my flower bed where I haven't managed to breed a single blue or black one. I don't think I'm going to get out of not having some kind of structure on this one.

7 hours ago, SteveH said:

Finally got Lyman's photo! Little bastard could open his own museum with the amount of fossils he has had off me.

edit: I assume there are more colours of wheelie bin that just green (which I have)? Could some kind soul sort me out with extra colours of them? I think it's about time my villagers learnt how to sort out their waste. 

Just ordered the black and red ones out of my catalogue for shipping to you. If ayone else has others I wouldn't mind them either, ta.

3 hours ago, Fuddle said:

I’ve forgotten who gave me the orange and white roses. But today I got my first blue one out of their offspring.E90B31B2-E3A9-48F9-B480-6C7AC41C1814.jpeg.55a1d01eb9ab815b0e993235745c9cf5.jpeg

Nice! Think I donated you 4/5 pairs of them orange and white hybrids innit ^_^

1 hour ago, David Heath said:

I still have no idea how to breed roses.

I have an area on my island full of white, yellow, pink, and red roses all dumped together with random gaps between them. The occasional purple one will appear every few days, and then less often I'll get an orange one and wonder how the fuck that happened, but I still have a long gap in my flower bed where I haven't managed to breed a single blue or black one. I don't think I'm going to get out of not having some kind of structure on this one.

Yeah, as you've discovered already there you can breed the other colours of flower from just planting a mixture near each other, see how it goes and you probably will eventually get a lot of the other hybrid colours. But unless you got super lucky you'd be unlikely to get something like the purple windflower or blue rose like that and if you're aiming for getting a specific colour it's better to follow one of the guides like below...

https://imgur.com/a/ptCPgVK

I did get some satisfaction from breeding and growing them all myself (with a little occasional visitor watering help) even if it was well annoying at times. But if you're not arsed about wanting to breed your own I've got an excessive amount of blacks you can have a bunch of, plus some blues I've left to do their thing have multiplied well more than I probably need, so I could pass on some of them also.

I put down a furrow pattern for my pumpkins, only to realise you can't dig where a pattern exists, so there's no way I could actually plant anything there. Hundred of hours of playtime and I'm still learning the hard way. :lol:

I splurged on turnips again this week btw, so if people could keep 'em peeled I'd appreciate it. :ph34r:

Following DIY cards to give away if anyone needs them:

Garden Rock

Cherry Wall

Bamboo Floor Lamp

Money Flooring

Stacked Magazines

Pile of Zen Cushions

Tulip Crown

Straw Umbrella Hat

Fancy Rose Wreath

Sleigh

Leaf

I also have Redd in town with 4 fakes :(

Fake Scary Painting (frown version)

Fake Graceful Painting (large figure version)

Fake Wild Painting Right Half

Fake Informative Statue

4 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Following DIY cards to give away if anyone needs them:

Garden Rock

Cherry Wall

Bamboo Floor Lamp

Money Flooring

Stacked Magazines

Pile of Zen Cushions

Tulip Crown

Straw Umbrella Hat

Fancy Rose Wreath

Sleigh

Leaf

I also have Redd in town with 4 fakes :(

Fake Scary Painting (frown version)

Fake Graceful Painting (large figure version)

Fake Wild Painting Right Half

Fake Informative Statue

Amazingly of that list I do not have:

Cherry Wall

Pile of Zen Cushions

Straw Umbrella Hat

Fancy Rose Wreath

Sleigh

Leaf

I don't want to be greedy though so if anyone else needs any please send them first. I'll take what's left.

My own duplicate recipes are:

Angled signpost

Bonsai shelf

Crest doorplate

Dark bamboo rug

Deer scare

Iron shelf

Oil-barrel bathtub

Tall lantern

33 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

yeah, when there was nothing new other than the letter from Nintendo I had hoped that there might be something in Nooks or Abels when they opened but nada.  Must all start on the 1st

Letter from Nintendo?

15 hours ago, Meatball said:

But if you're not arsed about wanting to breed your own I've got an excessive amount of blacks you can have a bunch of, plus some blues I've left to do their thing have multiplied well more than I probably need, so I could pass on some of them also.

That's kind, but as Florian Schneider once told Giorgio Moroder when he offered Kraftwerk a bassline they were interested in on a DAT, "thanks, but, I want to know the process!".

I think I'll need to read some guides online.

I'm also not sure why my fruit farm isn't growing. I have trees lined up with space enough between them but no growth is happening. I can't plant full grown trees in the spots without the game stopping me but the trees I plant won't grow. What am I'm missing?

EjKJ_fXU0AAxlVq.jpg

1 minute ago, David Heath said:

That's kind, but as Florian Schneider once told Giorgio Moroder when he offered Kraftwerk a bassline they were interested in on a DAT, "thanks, but, I want to know the process!".

I think I'll need to read some guides online.

I'm also not sure why my fruit farm isn't growing. I have trees lined up with space enough between them but no growth is happening. I can't plant full grown treess in the spots without the game stopping me but the trees I plant won't grow. What am I'm missing?

give us a screen shot.  There are spots were trees wont grow

re the flowers the best, if not simplest guide I used was : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1anxm3WwEKyh0_-l_lZIAUETaa_q432Px3griacQ3NcU/preview#heading=h.wa7maesceo2

with your random rose planting you should at some point see some blacks appearing but it is highly unlikely you will ever get a blue

@David Heath Looks like you have a lot of trees, I cant find any definitive answers online but suspect it is one of:

You have hit max number of total trees

You have hit max number of trees of specific type(s)

Your overall pattern of planting is too dense

Suggest you try things like seeing if they will grow else where on the island, and seeing if removing trees allows new ones to grow

Sorry :(

I realised something pretty odd the other day. When a villager asks you to suggest a name/greeting/catchphrase, there's not a fixed character count. It depends on the width of the letters. At least that's how I think it works. When it shows you about 20 dashes, you assume you have 20 spaces to fill, but nope. So many of my excellent ideas have been thwarted by this limit.

29 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I realised something pretty odd the other day. When a villager asks you to suggest a name/greeting/catchphrase, there's not a fixed character count. It depends on the width of the letters. At least that's how I think it works. When it shows you about 20 dashes, you assume you have 20 spaces to fill, but nope. So many of my excellent ideas have been thwarted by this limit.

I must admit, as childish as it is, I'm very amused each time Kevin greets me with "Dicksack!" :D