Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Was playing last night and it was raining for the first time in ages.  Noticed that the rain makes a specific sound on the roof of Nooks Cranny which is different to the one it makes on other buildings.  Amazing some of the detail in the sound design of this game :wub:

I only noticed the other day that when you are indoors, and you look at the windows, they have rain running down them when it rains. 

56 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I do indeed.

I need quite a few. Are you about anytime today, I can pop over if that makes it easier.

24 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I only noticed the other day that when you are indoors, and you look at the windows, they have rain running down them when it rains. 

The sound of your footsteps as you go from different surfaces is my personal favourite audio touch.

1 hour ago, Daley said:

I need quite a few. Are you about anytime today, I can pop over if that makes it easier.

Gates are open now. I might not be about but feel free to have a nosey round. DIY's are all on beach just left of the airport.

3 hours ago, Daley said:

Cheers, bought a couple of things from Nook's too, hope that is OK?

Yeah all good. Don't recall what was in there, but I'd had a nosey before opening up to check if it was anythinng new I'd not had yet.

43 minutes ago, Daley said:

That reminds me, where/how do you get the Nook poster? Is it an Amiibo thing?

Yeah. Use the Amiibo/Amiibo cards at Harv's island, and you'll get that characters poster. I can send you some if you'd like?

40 minutes ago, Daley said:

That reminds me, where/how do you get the Nook poster? Is it an Amiibo thing?

You need to place him in the studio on Harv's island and then after you fly back you can buy it from the posters tab of the Special Items in Nook Shopping

You need the amiibo or amiibo card to call him to Harv's

I have the poster so can send you a copy, can send Tommy and Timmy too if you want

10 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Yeah. Use the Amiibo/Amiibo cards at Harv's island, and you'll get that characters poster. I can send you some if you'd like?

7 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

You need to place him in the studio on Harv's island and then after you fly back you can buy it from the posters tab of the Special Items in Nook Shopping

You need the amiibo or amiibo card to call him to Harv's

I have the poster so can send you a copy, can send Tommy and Timmy too if you want

Yes please. Whoever you have outside of the other residents would be gratefully received. Thanks both.

If I can send anything let me know.

4 hours ago, Daley said:

Yes please. Whoever you have outside of the other residents would be gratefully received. Thanks both.

If I can send anything let me know.

Have sent Tom and Isabelle to you.  Will send a couple more tomorrow

No need for anything in return

17 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have sent Tom and Isabelle to you.  Will send a couple more tomorrow

No need for anything in return

14 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I'll post Timmy and Tommy.

Thanks both. Got them. 

Put them up in my poster room which when I put alongside my resident’s photos is beginning to look like the creepy room from Get Out. Might be time for a rethink.

15 hours ago, Number 28 said:

StumpyJohn kindly bundled a load of those posters off to me, so they're in my catalogue too if anyone wants me to send them over. I'm not sure how many there are in total...it must be around 10?

I've got about 50ish NPCs. It's a long list so put in spoilers as I can't be bothered formatting it into a few lines. I'm not on any of your friends list but I'm happy to pull them off the wall and let one person come and catalog them all if they want to dish them out amongst the forum.

Spoiler

Bianca
Blathers
Booker
Brewster
Celeste
Chip
Cinnamoroll
Copper
Cyrus
Digby
DJ KK
Don
Franklin
Gracie
Grams
Gulliver
Harriet
Hello Kitty
Isabelle
Jack
Jingle
Joan
Kapp'n
Katie
Katrina
Kerokerokeroppi
Kicks
Kiki & Lala
KK
Label
Leif
Leilani
Leila
Lopez
Lottie
Luna
Lyle
Mabel
My Melody
Nat
Pascal
Pave
Pelly
Pete
Phineas
Phyllis
Pompompurin
Porter
Redd
Reese
Resetti
Rover
Sable
Saharah
Shrunk
Timmy
Tom Nook
Tommy
Tortimer
Villager
Wendell
Zipper

14 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Any news on the next big update? We getting the coffee shop or anything? Any rumours, even?

Afaik, there are supposedly still two more bigger updates on the way. One in October and one in December. But that's just based on conjecture and rumours, although it does seem likely.

The biggest rumour is about Brewster being introduced during the Winter.

I really do hope they add more shops, especially brewster. I'd like to be able to use the northern part of the island to build a nice shopping centre. Though ideally I'd love to be able to rotate buildings 90 degrees to really build something nice. Never gonna happen of course!

3 hours ago, Daley said:

Thanks both. Got them. 

Put them up in my poster room which when I put alongside my resident’s photos is beginning to look like the creepy room from Get Out. Might be time for a rethink.

Have sent Blathers and Celeste

6 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Redd's in town with some fakes:

Serene Painting - fake

Mystic Statue - fake

Famous Painting - fake

I've left my gates open but I'm afk. 

I will pop over for the Mystic Statue!

9 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Redd's in town with some fakes:

Serene Painting - fake

Mystic Statue - fake

Famous Painting - fake

I've left my gates open but I'm afk. 

Seems we are not friends!

I've sent a request...

19 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Sorry, didn't know we weren't friends. Just accepted it :) 

Great, thanks.

On my way.

Do you need anything?

EDIT: left a couple of items near the desk in your petrol station, thanks for opening!

34 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Great, thanks.

On my way.

Do you need anything?

EDIT: left a couple of items near the desk in your petrol station, thanks for opening!

Nice! Didn't have a cuckoo clock. Cheers :) 

On 19/09/2020 at 15:16, StumpyJohn said:

Have sent Blathers and Celeste

Cheers!

Quick question if anyone knows, does Celeste always appear when you have shooting stars (not a big load that Isabelle announces, just when you have the odd one now and again?)

I had a few shooting stars last night but couldn't find Celeste anywhere.