Animal Crossing: New Horizons

4 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Dismantle and then build.

Annoying, I guess I need something to do for next week. Upgrading all the log bridges.

8 inclines is worse. I'd love to make some elaborate incline arrangements, but instead you are forced to focus on ensuring all areas of the island are accessible.

So, I got to the bottom of that present I was unable to give. There was a Saharah ticket inside?? No idea how I wrapped it instead of the usual fossils. :unsure:

Has anyone else had the misfortune of a villager asking you to find a lost item? Usually I find the lost item first and then return it. I've not had it work the other way before.

I'm not able to hand them their daily gift until I find it and it's nowhere to be seen*. They've been asking for two days now.  :hmm:

*Eight minutes later I find it... :lol:

4 hours ago, Number 28 said:

8 inclines is worse. I'd love to make some elaborate incline arrangements, but instead you are forced to focus on ensuring all areas of the island are accessible.

So, I got to the bottom of that present I was unable to give. There was a Saharah ticket inside?? No idea how I wrapped it instead of the usual fossils. :unsure:

Has anyone else had the misfortune of a villager asking you to find a lost item? Usually I find the lost item first and then return it. I've not had it work the other way before.

I'm not able to hand them their daily gift until I find it and it's nowhere to be seen*. They've been asking for two days now.  :hmm:

*Eight minutes later I find it... :lol:

No, never had the request before picking up the item.  Its annoying that when you 'investigate' the item there is rarely enough info to correctly guess who it belongs to.  Strange that when you try giving it to a random villager they immediately know who it does belong to

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

No, never had the request before picking up the item.  Its annoying that when you 'investigate' the item there is rarely enough info to correctly guess who it belongs to.  Strange that when you try giving it to a random villager they immediately know who it does belong to

Ah, so it is something unusual. How strange. I'm trying to remember if Fauna had unique dialogue for asking me first and I have the feeling it wasn't the same spiel I usually get.

I didn't know you could investigate the items! And yeah it is pretty silly how the first villager you find always knows who it belongs to. :sherlock:

Ha, you gave me the bonsai shelf recipe ages ago and I was like...oh darnit, you need the bonsai trees! :( Wouldn't it have been better to provide an empty shelf for bonsai trees? It looks nice at least. I wonder if there's more bonsai trees on the way. Every previous game, including the first, had seven bonsai trees.

That Tree's Bounty lamp looks nice btw, but not been very impressed with those seasonal recipes so far. Next season looks a lot better.

(Oh yeah, pine bonsai recipe, that's decent...I'm going to have to pop more balloons)

It's just gone 8pm here, I have a heavy meteor shower which was announced this morning.  Celeste is nowhere to be seen! Does she sometimes not come for this event?

Gates open for a couple of hours. Let me know if you see Celeste.

Could some kind souls sort me out with the little round coloured floor lights? Those that are sunk into the floor? I have green already so would love the other colours please. Let me know if I can pay you bells or swap you for something? Cheers

55 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Could some kind souls sort me out with the little round coloured floor lights? Those that are sunk into the floor? I have green already so would love the other colours please. Let me know if I can pay you bells or swap you for something? Cheers

posted you white and orange.  There are 8 in total so I'll send more tomorrow if others have not already provided them

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

Posted you a pink and purple one. Could I have one of the other colours please? Happy to send bells or anything else you need.

Got Redd again. He has:

Fake Moving painting

Fake Informative statue (this one is pretty cool if anyone wants to display it, glows blue).

Fake Graceful painting

Also got the aluminium briefcase if anyone wants it in Nook's. Not sure what one it is (there are two) but if anyone fancies it bring Bells, it's 100,000.

Can open up in a bit if anyone wants any of that.

1 minute ago, Daley said:

Posted you a pink and purple one. Could I have one of the other colours please? Happy to send bells or anything else you need.

Cheers for that. I'll post you a couple of colours back :)

18 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Got some extra recipes again: 

Aroma Pot

Golden Seat

Natural Garden Table

Orange Wall Mounted Clock

Peach Wall

Stone Table

Can I have the peach wall please?

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

Checked but I don't have anything like that at all.

1 hour ago, Daley said:

Got Redd again. He has:

Fake Moving painting

Fake Informative statue (this one is pretty cool if anyone wants to display it, glows blue).

Fake Graceful painting

Also got the aluminium briefcase if anyone wants it in Nook's. Not sure what one it is (there are two) but if anyone fancies it bring Bells, it's 100,000.

Can open up in a bit if anyone wants any of that.

I can take that blue glowy statue off you please. Off out shortly, but should be around later this aft/eve.

Might take a chance on the briefcase if it's still there. Hopefully it's the gold bars one. My Nook bastards have sold me the stacks of cash one three times now <_<

On 12/09/2020 at 11:21, Mike S said:

Eight regular stars and not one, but two, Virgo stars on the beach this morning!

Thanks for opening for the star gazing @Meatball

You welcome! More light showers due tomorrow eve if any more stars needed.

Will check look in a bit what colours of them lights I've got @SteveH I think I've only got a couple though.

6 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I can take that blue glowy statue off you please. Off out shortly, but should be around later this aft/eve.

Might take a chance on the briefcase if it's still there. Hopefully it's the gold bars one. My Nook bastards have sold me the stacks of cash one three times now <_<

Sure let me know when you are back and I can open up.

I have the gold bars one if you want me to just order you one?

5 hours ago, Meatball said:

You welcome! More light showers due tomorrow eve if any more stars needed.

Will check look in a bit what colours of them lights I've got @SteveH I think I've only got a couple though.

Gates are open, all welcome.

Will be in and out so apologies if I don't reply. Few spare recipes near Nook's, help yourselves.

And help yourselves to anything in Nook's, done my shopping for the day.

Any watering appreciated as always. 3 to go...

23 minutes ago, Daley said:

Gates are open, all welcome.

Did you close them again? I tried and got some error message about "other persons system is unresponsive" or similar as Orville was doing his stuff and now I can't see you on there :unsure:

I got orange, pink and light blue floor lights @SteveH. Looks like you have the first two already now so I've just ordered the light blue to be sent for you.

Sorry it crashed. Opening again now. 

EDIT: Maybe not, it crashed again. Not sure if it is me or Nintendo Online being flaky.

Right opening again, will keep an eye on it if it falls over.

Noob warning: I know nothing about Animal Crossing.

My 10 year old daughter, however, is obsessed with it. We've gamed a lot together and I've always been her go to source for information on whatever we are playing (except Pokemon where I just pointed her to https://serebii.net/). But I've never played Animal Crossing, and have no desire to. She's not stuck or anything and hasn't asked for help - but I want to help her.

Are there any "I wish I had known X when I first started playing Animal Crossing" tips I can pass on?

@Soi There are a few videos on youtube I watched to learn about techniques for tree/flower planting & rock smashing. Everything else you just figure out whilst you are playing the game.