Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So hang on do people NOT want my badly designed, barely recognisable Arsenal tops that I have quietly placed into a few of your shops when visiting...

;)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

There is a new column for them in the google sheet linked to the OP.  Not many have added them in yet though :(

I've just added my dream code to the sheet. I do have it in my sig as well, but I know some people have those turned off. 

I didn't think i would be, but i've been quite taken with the Dream Islands feature.  Found a bunch of codes online & seen some really interesting islands.  One in particular has multiple Human Villagers each with their own themed homes, some of which are full realisations of ideas i'm still just putting together, which i've found inspiring rather than off-putting.

Here's the Dream Address if interested, Island name is "Merry": DA-8177-8001-9938

• Upvote 1

image.png.bdbed3f58da02cda1a0ac36c11c2079e.png

Wow, I wondered why a bucket of water had suddenly appeared in the plaza, and then Fauna and Shep randomly start lighting sparklers? They're chaining them now, getting through enough pyrotechnics for a Michael Bay movie.

Edit: Now Sherb's at it, in his slinky red dress

image.png.22cdc2d0ef3cafacb96298cb958dfdd4.png

• Upvote 4

I've finally upgraded Nook's tent to a town hall but I'm still not getting an option in the ATM machine to use amiibo cards to invite a new villager. Can anyone tell me at which point exactly the option appears? Do I have to talk to Isabelle to chuck someone out and then she'll give me the option then? AC isn't the same without some old favourites!

I don't suppose anyone has a good turnip price this morning?

I bought 700,00 worth at 110 but all week I've not been offered anything more than about 80.

For some reason this happens every week.

I have shooting stars tonight so will open up in the evening

Have a few more mermaid items to give away if anyone wants them:

Mermaid Bed DIY

Mermaid Shoes (pink)

Mermaid Shoes (blue)

Also spare recipes:

cherry rug

water pump

tea table

log wall mounted clock

doghouse

gold bars

shell wand

bamboo sphere

pretty cosmos wreath

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

I've finally upgraded Nook's tent to a town hall but I'm still not getting an option in the ATM machine to use amiibo cards to invite a new villager. Can anyone tell me at which point exactly the option appears? Do I have to talk to Isabelle to chuck someone out and then she'll give me the option then? AC isn't the same without some old favourites!

Have you built the campsite?  You need that before you can invite anyone.

Edit. I think the steps for opening up the ATM Invite Amiibo Camper option was as follows:

• Upgrade Resident Services to Town Hall
  • Talk with Nook and get Campsite task
  • Build Campsite
  • Next day random new villager appears in campsite
  • Get random new villager to move in
  • Next day Option to invite is available in ATM

Once the option to invite appears in the ATM you need to invite the same character 3 times and fulfil their item request each time.  After the third time carry on talking to them and the option for them to move into the island will become available.  You then get to choose who leaves.  Isabel is not involved at all in this.

1 hour ago, David Heath said:

I don't suppose anyone has a good turnip price this morning?

I bought 700,00 worth at 110 but all week I've not been offered anything more than about 80.

For some reason this happens every week.

41 here, I'll check this afternoon but wouldn't hold out too much hope

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have you built the campsite?  You need that before you can invite anyone.

Edit. I think the steps for opening up the ATM Invite Amiibo Camper option was as follows:

• Upgrade Resident Services to Town Hall
  • Talk with Nook and get Campsite task
  • Build Campsite
  • Next day random new villager appears in campsite
  • Get random new villager to move in
  • Next day Option to invite is available in ATM

Once the option to invite appears in the ATM you need to invite the same character 3 times and fulfil their item request each time.  After the third time carry on talking to them and the option for them to move into the island will become available.  You then get to choose who leaves.  Isabel is not involved at all in this.

Holy crap! I have got a shed load to do then! :wacko: Thanks for detailing that, I better get on it!

5 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Yes, you always have 10 NPCs. I too have that plus 3 players.

Wait, what? Holy crap, I thought I hit the limit at 10. I have 5 plots to build! 

Have opened up for anyone that wants some shooting stars.  Help yourself to the recipes and shops too.  Looks like Celeste is not visiting this time, I havent been able to find her.

I'll probably be away making dinner

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

Which includes any people players, so we've only got 5 NPCs, plus whomever camps here for a day. 

3 hours ago, TehStu said:

Wait, what? Holy crap, I thought I hit the limit at 10. I have 5 plots to build! 

So I imagined the 5 NPCs thing, we do indeed have 10.

I'm getting old, apparently. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, TehStu said:

So I imagined the 5 NPCs thing, we do indeed have 10.

I'm getting old, apparently. 

You've obviously got some of the more memorable villagers.

• Upvote 1

This was a lot of fun to listen to.

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/judge-john-hodgman/episode-478-animal-crossing-examination/

Kelly brings the case against her wife, Maureen. They both play the video game Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Kelly says that Maureen is adept at earning bells, which is the game’s currency. Kelly would like Maureen to share her profits, but Maureen is opposed. Who’s right? Who’s wrong?

• Upvote 1

I didn't realise that time moves forward on Dream Islands.  It's a nice touch, even though it doesn't mean that much as you can't enter shops or catch anything (or at least, not keep it).  I wonder though, is the time on the Dream Island set to the time the Dream was created (so if it's dark, you'd need to put the lights on) or is it set to what the time on that island currently is?

On 26/07/2020 at 19:11, DC Lemon said:

My neighbours have been buying @Stejay t-shirts today.

Nintendo, you’re scaring me with this witchcraft.

Ed3wff6UwAA8eLg.jpg

Haha!  Belated reply, stupid real life, but that was the day Villa escaped relegation so they’re obviously all celebrating.

• Upvote 2