rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

On 21/03/2020 at 07:48, Pavey said:

Damn you - the perfect write up. Ordered!

So i only downloaded this this morning, and have never played AC before. Got it for £30 from Ebay, using Nectar points. Not too shabby!

Am now fishing, but having no luck catching anything. I have a real problem relaxing, and just generally slowing down the pace of my life, and even so far on this i keep thinking ahead, wishing it to hurry up, but am successfully then saying to myself to chill a little and just enjoying it (even though i've only had it on for ten minutes or so).

tl;dr enjoying the slow pace of it so far, helping me relax.

Is it worth me adding people at this early stage?

• Upvote 1

The best advice is to just let island life evolve at its own pace. You’re there for the long haul. So do whatever feels chill at the time.

Re. fishing, cast a little ways in front of the fish shadow. Watch and listen to the floater as the fish taps it. As soon as it pulls it under - like immediately - hold A. It can be anywhere from 1 to 4 taps before it properly bites, and the sound changes when it takes the hook also, so you can do it just by listening to it.

1 hour ago, skittles said:

Do we know how long dodo codes remain active for ? 

Also your airport closes if the switch enters sleep mode which is a little annoying.

codes are only active for that particular opening unfortunately

I named the island after my favourite Haruomi Hosono song.

Visitors welcome! We have cherries!

Switch ID is: SW-5977-1412-3990

• Upvote 2

Hupperdook Beach Trading Post is open for visits, have tried to bundle everything in to twos this morning.  :)  I'm popping away, so please come and help yourselves.  Some interesting items at Hupperdook Nook's Cranny this morning, and Mabel is also in the plaza.  She has some very nice items for sale!  Turnips are costing 105 bells I think! (Might be 110, can't recall!)

Dodo Code: 293DL

1738890936_HupperdookBeach.thumb.JPG.87efc8000f5bc8b21adba4e121eaf46a.JPG

• Upvote 5

No turnip lady on my island this morning - I thought she always came before midday on a sunday ?

2 minutes ago, Gotters said:

No turnip lady on my island this morning - I thought she always came before midday on a sunday ?

she appeared right outside my house

Well due to the state of the world and being away from my wife and having to WFH for the foreseeable I've got this. First ever AC game and completely lost!

I've also subbed up for 12 months Nintendo online so would be nice to meet people :) I have apples!

SW-3454-9059-9212

3 minutes ago, Gotters said:

No sign of her on my island either. :(

4 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Will she appear if your store isn't built yet? 

Turnip lady was over the river in one corner of my island. So make sure you explore fully. 

I haven’t noticed her either.

but I’m going super slow. Still in my tent, blathers only arrived today too.

1 minute ago, cassidy said:

Will she appear if your store isn't built yet? 

thats an interesting question - is it linked to the store as not got that yet.

Happy to open up in a little bit, nips are 93 in mine and available between the dock and plaza atm

What is the aim of this game? Never played one before but it gets so much love I am curious. Does it have a goal or is it completely free form?

6 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

What is the aim of this game? Never played one before but it gets so much love I am curious. Does it have a goal or is it completely free form?

getting away from real life

• Upvote 1

Just spent a small fortune in @Rikku's Nook's Cranny. Needed me that botanical wallpaper and parquet flooring :wub:

And no I haven't paid my first loan off yet.

Daisy May selling for 94 bells a turnip on my island. Is that expensive or cheap? I can't remember how much Timmy is likely to buy them for over the next week.

Just now, ann coulter said:

Daisy May selling for 94 bells a turnip on my island. Is that expensive or cheap? I can't remember how much Timmy is likely to buy them for over the next week.

From memory i think any price under 100 is decent.  Might be different this game though?

I think I need a switch lite for my wife! She's hooked. Any bundle deals? I can't see anything.

91 here. I’ll open up once I’ve strip mined some beautiful islands