Animal Crossing: New Horizons

22 hours ago, SteveH said:

@Meatball Got the first two recipes today. Cheers mate :) 

You should have all three now? Think I sent the last one over yesterday before I went out to work.

I'll pop over and grab that log garden lounge DIY please @StumpyJohn.

EDIT: took the shell lamp too, thanks :blush:

Redd also here today and has 3 fakes left. He has Quaint and Jolly paintings plus a Tremendous statue.

I think @Mike S is a statue collector so might wannt dibs on that?

4 minutes ago, Meatball said:

You should have all three now? Think I sent the last one over yesterday before I went out to work.

I'll pop over and grab that log garden lounge DIY please @StumpyJohn.

Redd also here today and has 3 fakes left. He has Quaint and Jolly paintings plus a Tremendous statue.

I think @Mike S is a statue collector so might wannt dibs on that?

Yes please!!

Let me grab the Switch and I'll be over soon!

21 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Yes please!!

Let me grab the Switch and I'll be over soon!

Just returning from StumpyJohn's, will open up in a sec when I'm back.

Nearly missed her as I was about to switch off but I have Celeste visiting. Oddly enough right on the highest point of my island. Not seen her up there before. Gates open if anyone wants to visit. Not many shooting stars. You’ll need a ladder.

Is it possible to convince somebody 'in boxes' to move over if you already have a full island? How does it work?

Anyone have a white candle in a glass? I only have the purple one. Need to decorate some graves.

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Is it possible to convince somebody 'in boxes' to move over if you already have a full island? How does it work?

Anyone have a white candle in a glass? I only have the purple one. Need to decorate some graves.

No. You must have a space to invite someone in boxes on someone else's island.

I wondered, maybe if you let them know your island exists, they could appear out of the void at a later date when a space becomes available. Julian from someone's island appeared on my island that way, I think.

I can see why you cannot invite them to live (because the cross communication of deciding who leaves might be a ballache) but it's a shame you cannot invite them to visit your campsite the next day and then invite them from there.

18 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Have sent you the white candle in a glass, can you send me a purple one please?

I can send you a green one too if you like

It makes me wonder how on earth all these online trades work. If you look on one of those AC wikis or subreddits, there's always a hundred posts saying "I HAVE X IN BOXES" looking for a trade.

3 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have sent you the white candle in a glass, can you send me a purple one please?

I can send you a green one too if you like

Cheers! Just let me fire it up and I'll send. :)

Edit: Sent! I'm ok for green, thanks, I only really wanted white.

16 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

It makes me wonder how on earth all these online trades work. If you look on one of those AC wikis or subreddits, there's always a hundred posts saying "I HAVE X IN BOXES" looking for a trade.

Cheers! Just let me fire it up and I'll send. :)

Edit: Sent! I'm ok for green, thanks, I only really wanted white.

Mostly driven by Amiibos. There you invite them to your campsite three times and on the third day they’ll move in when you ask and let you choose who to put in boxes.

Hmm, I've had almost no rain for weeks now which makes sense as it is summer.  Looking at MeteoNook I have a whopping 10 hours forecast for the whole of the rest of August.  All during work time too!!

For getting the rarer tree bugs like the stags I normally use a Mysterious Island and mostly strip it leaving just a few trees.  You can then run around to keep spawning bugs to catch and release or scare off ones you don't want.  It doesn't seem to work for Cicada shells though :(

Veronica the Horse moved out this morning.

She was cool but I'm for a change. Quick scour round a few islands this morning and I have found a monkey to move in!

A monkey!!

Bashed every rock and still no King Tut mask though so it's not all golden on Pazuzu.

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Veronica the Horse moved out this morning.

She was cool but I'm for a change. Quick scour round a few islands this morning and I have found a monkey to move in!

A monkey!!

Bashed every rock and still no King Tut mask though so it's not all golden on Pazuzu.

Did you remember to bash the rocks on the island too, they can also give you gold nuggets

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

Did you remember to bash the rocks on the island too, they can also give you gold nuggets

Yep.

Bashed all of them on four islands before finding a monkey.

If has been a long time since I found any gold and I do try and bash my own rocks daily. As it were.

One of my animals gave me a recipe for an amazing gold seat the other day and that will use all my gold stock so I may be better off not finding the wondourful thing.

So my missus has got a free for all for duplicates and would also love some visitors. Seriously, like it would make her day even if you can pop over and don't collect anything 

Nothing expected in return, and take as many as you want. It's all laid out over the river behind resident services. 

Also, the wrapped things are mystery fruit bags. 

Dodo code is LF7BV - and the island is Whoville 

27 minutes ago, omus said:

So my missus has got a free for all for duplicates and would also love some visitors. Seriously, like it would make her day even if you can pop over and don't collect anything 

Nothing expected in return, and take as many as you want. It's all laid out over the river behind resident services. 

Also, the wrapped things are mystery fruit bags. 

Dodo code is LF7BV - and the island is Whoville 

Just tried this and while it accepts the dodo code and identified the destination as Whoville it then errors before flying.

Not sure which end is the problem (or a combo) but I've not seen this error before.

Edit: looks like @Ste Pickford is having a similar issue 

EeqXfl9UYAE1pFA.thumb.jpeg.59b96c042c422cf8ce40aba8bd265477.jpegEeqXfmNUYAExlo6.thumb.jpeg.99b871ae1ca6b202d32e1beb66abd23d.jpeg

I am liking this but I'm still not sure what the fuck I'm doing most of the time and I only just worked out how to make saplings grow.

The biggest question I have is why is everyone on Reddit talking about turnip prices being 500 bells? The most I've ever seen is 140 or something. How do you get those racoon babies to make higher offers? Do you need a certain amount of cash in the bank before you get the big dollars? Also some people are somehow millionaires. How does that happen? I've spent about $450,000 alone moving the shop around. Are millionaire islands destitute of all infrastructure and consist of a single floor lamp and a bed?

Also, I swear to God if Scoot doesn't leave soon I'm gonna get mad, I've spent all week hitting him with a net and this morning he gives me some overalls.