Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I wish Sony protected my credit card details as zealously as Nintendo protects my Animal Crossing cloud save:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Back-Up-and-Restore-Island-Save-Data-Animal-Crossing-New-Horizons--1818137.html

Basically if Nintendo repaired your machine and they didn’t already transfer your data, you can go ahead and download the cloud copy of your island. If your console was replaced any other way, you have to contact customer service to send your data to a new console.

14 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Any bed will do btw.

you don’t have to keep hers about the place if you don’t like it 

Oh really?

I tried it on a hammock placed outside, but it didn't work.

Maybe it has to be inside or any 'proper' bed?

I was going to ask if the King Tut mask is new....it is! My character just spontaneously learnt the recipe when i picked up some gold. Looks pretty nifty.

Spoiler

image.png.c50ee309483033d79ec2ac51d4963f1a.png

Wtf, you can actually trip up in it? :lol:

3 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

If anyone wants a Luna poster then just ask and I can send one from my catalogue:

Yes plz! (I just wondered what Luna's Lander could be...oh yeah, LunaR)

15 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I was going to ask if the King Tut mask is new....it is! My character just spontaneously learnt the recipe when i picked up some gold. Looks pretty nifty.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c50ee309483033d79ec2ac51d4963f1a.png

Wtf, you can actually trip up in it? :lol:

Yes plz! (I just wondered what Luna's Lander could be...oh yeah, LunaR)

I'll post it this evening, am snowed with work today.

I think I got a gold nugget from a balloon this morning and did not get the recipe :(  I did get a cool Captains Coat from Gulivarrr in the post though :)

Cheers @StumpyJohn, no rush. :) I've had the pirate hat and a barrel from Gullivarrr. It's going to take a while to get the whole outfit.

5 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Maybe you’ve collected a certain number of nugs in your time in the game?

This was my first thought, but I'd be very surprised if John hasn't collected far more gold than any of us. :lol:  I'm guessing you have to get it out of a rock. Balloon gold arrives in a parcel but the recipe comes to you when you pick the gold off the ground.

3 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Come dream with me: 4886-6499-3212

I gave it a go. Not sure what I was meant to be doing. Went for a quick walk around then left.

3 minutes ago, Daley said:

I gave it a go. Not sure what I was meant to be doing. Went for a quick walk around then left.

Cool. Shame there is no feedback, like knowing who had a dream on my island and if they liked it or not. Plus it's crap you can't visit random islands.

4 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have uploaded my island as a dream, code: DA-6035-1469-0294

If anyone wants a Luna poster then just ask and I can send one from my catalogue:

EeKIAlaUwAACGP9.thumb.jpeg.5b6bccaa737d2c1a2f25d6c8f5ef658f.jpeg

Ooh, yes plz :wub:

How strange. I'm currently in a dream on Mr. Do's island, and his character (presumably) is walking around like an NPC, saying "Welcome to Risa" if I interact. Not sure what I'm meant to do.

Oh, my inventory is empty. I can pick up items, but no idea if I'll keep 'em. I'm doubting. The shops are closed...

The game warns you you'll be sharing bulletin board posts, but you can't read any in the dreams? What I want to know is, does your island remain open for dream visitation? Should we be adding codes to the spreadsheet? I'm 3373-6019-3576

Edit: Ok, I think I get it now. It's like a frozen state of your island that anyone can visit with the code and remains permanently open, presumably on their servers. There was talk of seeing other people's designs, but I've no idea where you'd find that if Mable's is closed. I think I saw the design portal screen (like the self-service in McDonald's) in one trailer, but I didn't notice it on Mr. Do's island. Maybe you can turn it off.

2 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Cool. Shame there is no feedback, like knowing who had a dream on my island and if they liked it or not. Plus it's crap you can't visit random islands.

You can see how many people have visited your dream at least in the passport section of the mobile app.

It looks that way. Was this in New Leaf then? I missed out on that one.

Creepy to think there's a virtual NPC of my character slowly pacing around in a virtual world within a virtual world, only able to say "Welcome to Dobuita" to visitors, FOREVER...

Hmm, it's a pity the Design Portal only shows you the designs that user specifically made themselves. I can see some patterns I want on @ChewMagma's island, but they're not in his custom designs.

That's weird, I can read the notice board here. I couldn't at Mr. Do's. Maybe he deletes all the notices. On second thoughts, it probably only shows the notices written by the island owner and nobody elses, like the designs.

I’m still quite near the start of this. Up to the pint of making the furniture for the 3 villager houses.

Can someone tell me if after this is done I’ll be able to use amiibo cards in the machine in Nooks? 

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

Hmm, it's a pity the Design Portal only shows you the designs that user specifically made themselves. I can see some patterns I want on @ChewMagma's island, but they're not in his custom designs.

That's weird, I can read the notice board here. I couldn't at Mr. Do's. Maybe he deletes all the notices. On second thoughts, it probably only shows the notices written by the island owner and nobody elses, like the designs.

Not deleted anything.

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

I’m still quite near the start of this. Up to the pint of making the furniture for the 3 villager houses.

Can someone tell me if after this is done I’ll be able to use amiibo cards in the machine in Nooks? 

I'm trying to remember back to that point and I think the answer is yes, once the 3 have moved in you can do that.  Certainly I was able to use the cards quite early on

Have posted the Luna posters to @Number 28 and @Rayn.  If anyone else wants one then just ask

My dream is at DA-6035-1469-0294

6 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I was naively hoping it would be a bit like Mario Maker where you can see a rotating selection of islands to visit, including stuff like Nintendo created or specially themed ones, maybe even with rating systems etc

As much as I put tonnes of hours into it and loved it, Nintendo have been incredibly lazy with so many missed opportunities to draw people back in who inevitably drop off after the first few months (like me).  Decent events, new items (how have they not updated the nook miles item list yet?), interesting features etc.

3 minutes ago, bimbam said:

I was naively hoping it would be a bit like Mario Maker where you can see a rotating selection of islands to visit, including stuff like Nintendo created or specially themed ones, maybe even with rating systems etc

As much as I put tonnes of hours into it and loved it, Nintendo have been incredibly lazy with so many missed opportunities to draw people back in who inevitably drop off after the first few months (like me).  Decent events, new items (how have they not updated the nook mikes item list yet?), interesting features etc.

Searching on Tweetbot has given me loads of cool islands to visit.

I’ve hardly had anytime to play properly lately and I’m really missing visiting people! I’m also worried I’m going to miss all the cool pirate stuff, I’ve only seen gullivar once. I’ve only missed a few days as I at least manage to do a quick run for a visitors and check my shop for a few mins. Will Gullivar stop visiting at end of August?

If anyone has spare mermaid DIYs I’d really appreciate them! 

1 minute ago, Laine said:

I’ve hardly had anytime to play properly lately and I’m really missing visiting people! I’m also worried I’m going to miss all the cool pirate stuff, I’ve only seen gullivar once. I’ve only missed a few days as I at least manage to do a quick run for a visitors and check my shop for a few mins. Will Gullivar stop visiting at end of August?

If anyone has spare mermaid DIYs I’d really appreciate them! 

Gulivarrr has only been twice to me which kind of makes sense as he is in a rotation that means he typically appears fortnightly.  I'd expect that he is a permanent addition otherwise we will all be missing out on most of the pirate stuff

I have a mermaid table DIY and also a duplicate mermaid princess dress, the variant with the blue top and pink skirt pictured below if you need them

EeMRyXSU8AM_nBU.thumb.jpeg.fe470774d43cc72009889fe212dccb1c.jpeg

This does feel a bit like it was meant to be something that let you harmlessly drift between random islands that opted out, but they chickened out and made codes mandatory. Because what isn’t fixed by codes?