Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Redd's in town again. He has the following left:

Academic painting - real

Jolly painting - fake

Ancient statue - fake

He also has the paper lantern and ship in a bottle for sale. I'll leave the gates open but I'll most likely be afk.

29 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Academic painting - real

Jolly painting - fake

Ancient statue - fake

He also has the paper lantern and ship in a bottle for sale. I'll leave the gates open but I'll most likely be afk.

Thanks.  Took the Academic painting.

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Academic painting - real

Jolly painting - fake

Ancient statue - fake

I took the ancient statue. I've heard the fake has glowing eyes at night!

I think I must have made five trips to grab as many bugs as possible. The snow on my island was nice at first but now it just makes me feel cold.

If anyone wants to visit I'll have my gates open for a bit.

6 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

I took the ancient statue. I've heard the fake has glowing eyes at night!

I think I must have made five trips to grab as many bugs as possible. The snow on my island was nice at first but now it just makes me feel cold.

Erik just moved into my island.  He has snow as the floor in his house :wub:

54 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

I popped across earlier to do some sea creature collecting. I wasn’t being rude, only said hi as the Nintendo Online app doesn’t seem to work on iOS 14. Anyway, I grabbed a few new creatures, and would love to come back again sometime if ok. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I popped across earlier to do some sea creature collecting. I wasn’t being rude, only said hi as the Nintendo Online app doesn’t seem to work on iOS 14. Anyway, I grabbed a few new creatures, and would love to come back again sometime if ok. Cheers.

I'll open back up sometime tomorrow (later today in your part of the world.)

I'm open from now.

Saharah is here, Celeste is here.

Lots of shooting stars.

Diva is moving out, she'd love a fabulous island to move to.

It's 21:30, help yourself to anything.

Bester. 6315-7839-7295

46 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

I'm open from now.

Lots of shooting stars.

Bester. 6315-7839-7295

I went to see Diva but, frankly, she scared me a little.

However Sly was crafting and he's awesome :wub:

On 16/07/2020 at 09:22, StumpyJohn said:

Bones' first proper day in town today so went to say hello this morning only to find he's already playing with my other doggie! :wub:

EdCGG4XU0AAcFab.thumb.jpeg.4e10219a45c89fb963aec1713f419994.jpeg

I have a load of spare recipe cards, shout if anyone wants these, going to recycle most of them soon if nobody needs them

golden gears

log pack

Does you still have these available? If so I’ll take them please :hat:

2 hours ago, Tetmon said:

I'm open from now.

Lots of shooting stars.

Bester. 6315-7839-7295

Thanks, I visited for the stars and dropped off the backlog of 12 posters I had for you.

6 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Does you still have these available? If so I’ll take them please :hat:

I binned log pack in a mini-clearout this morning but have sent the golden gears

Is... is there unique music at 1am? Or 3am?

Im guessing Nintendo wouldn’t want to encourage young kids stay up so late by putting something like that in there. 

Imagine there was an insect or a fish that only appears between 2-3am. 5am sounds like a ‘normal‘ time, for a Japanese kid, sadly. 

1 hour ago, Alexlotl said:

Unique music for all hours, plus rainy variants. Well worth giving the OST a spin on YouTube, it’s good music to work to. 

That’s a good shout, I was disappointed to find nothing proper on Spotify. 

Shooting stars at mine tonight (no Celeste).

Open to friends with code MJJK4

(if we’re not friends send me an invite, code in sig and open post spreadsheet)

4 hours ago, shirubagan said:

For me, this has been really boring. I love the previous instalments AC, so this has been incredibly disheartening. :( 

So far I'm enjoying completely re-designing my island, but it all feels that it's for nothing as the residents don't make any use of it really. 

When I saw the electric scooters, I was hoping you could ride them and I planned to build a big road/race track around the island, but like everything they are just window dressing. I've made a cafe/music bar, and it would be sweet if my little animal friends attempted to play the instruments, but it all just sits there. And I know I have said it before, but they don't seem to have nearly the variety of things to say compared to New Leaf. 

It seems crazy to complain about a game I've poured about 400 hours into and for the most part thoroughly enjoyed, but yeah, it does feel a bit like, with the exception of terraforming, that they've done the bare minimum for an Animal Crossing game. Which is also how my last Animal Crossing game felt (City Folk). That's Nintendo though. The Zelda formula stayed pretty much the same from Ocarina to Skyward Sword (even longer if you include the 2D games, but moving 3D alone is a pretty huge overhaul). Animal Crossing needs a Breath of the Wild scale shake up. They could start with the online since it's a social game, but more interactive elements would really bring a lot of depth to the game. Even the original had NES games...

Is it true that they didn't expect it to do half as well as it did? Maybe the budget was relatively conservative.

It really is just Nintendo, personally I think their output on the Switch so far has been extremely conservative and generally quite boring in terms of what they’ve added to their franchises, with the exception of Mario Odyssey. But they’re all great games so they can get away with adding a bare minimum of features and their games are still better than everything else.

2 minutes ago, SimonG said:

So the missus needs to get some more 'things' apparently. 

Anyone want to share Dodo codes? 

Hers is 2MYRN.

If she would like to visit, then I'm open right now. Dodo code is:  CFDSH