rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

9 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Did Stumpyjohn ever get to the bottom of his missing gold roses mystery?

It's pretty shitty how these things can happen. I get a bit squeamish if I've opened up and I forgot some random items I dropped. I have faith in the majority of people here though, of course. I still wish Nintendo had dedicated a lot more effort to the online features. An airport app on the Nook phone could've given players complete executive control. Items lying about the place but gotta open up fast? Toggle a button that turns item pick-ups off, etc. Plus remote gate opening/closing, naturally. ;)

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

That is so fucking low and just reading about it makes my blood boil. We’re supposed to be a community. I’m 100% certain that if anyone needs anything in Animal Crossing you only need to ask and you’ll be gifted whatever you want. Stealing is just not on.

This is the first time I’ve heard this accusation, has he admitted this or been caught red handed or is he under suspicion?

The big flower destruction that took place on my island was not by Matt from Da Wae @cohen205, he did not visit my island that day.

There were a few possibles and I don't know for sure who it was so never publicly named anyone.

BUT there was a later incident where around a dozen of my gold roses were picked in various locations and there had only been one visitor, Matt (Cohen205). I PM'ed him about why he did it and got a weak sauce excuse that his young daughter had done it when he was not looking which didn't seem to fit with what I and others in the watering group had observed so I de-friended and blocked him.  I didn't publicise this at the time though I did mention it to the watering team in our group PM as others were already suspicious of him.  I think a couple de-friended him too.

A while later on another user here @Broker asked about him in the thread as something had happened.  I PM'd Broker with details of my experience.  Again, I didn't publicise it at the time.

In conclusion, @NexivRed I apologise that I was not stronger in warning the wider forum, I didn't want to 'out' someone who may have been telling the truth.  I protected myself from him but did not act to protect everyone.  If there are any items or other things that I can help you out with then please ask.

I still quite regularly leave my Island open and unattended for hours while I work and it has almost always been safe so I don't let the 2 or 3 problems I've had bother me too much.  Agree it is annoying and upsetting and totally against the spirt of the game :quote:

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I was watching something on Netflix with the Switch on the other screen, keeping an eye on the sky.  Had about three batches of shooting stars, about 5 each time, over the course of an hour.

Good to know but I was kinda hoping to visit for some wishing action :) I've done 2 wishing sessions since the cancer table recipe came out but only got 1 fragment. They seem a bit harder to come by than previous star signs. Starting to think I might run out of time. 

And can't avoid commenting on last night's theft. I unfriended cohen205 / Matt from Da Wae after Stumpyjohn's incident having also had a couple of strange encounters and a minor gold flower theft. I too haven't had any other problems with visitors but it could be considered that anything left on the ground is fair game, especially as most of us leave unwanted DIY recipes, clothes or furniture for others to take. I suspect we will hear either nothing, or 'my daughter thought they were spares'. 

12 hours ago, NexivRed said:

This is so not in the spirit of Animal Crossing. @Meatball gifted me that cypress bath today. 

I can send you a replacement. Let me know and I'll send you on ASAP.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Good to know but I was kinda hoping to visit for some wishing action :) I've done 2 wishing sessions since the cancer table recipe came out but only got 1 fragment. They seem a bit harder to come by than previous star signs. Starting to think I might run out of time. 

I've got my weather seed identified so I know the times of the stars in the minor shower due tomorrow.  Can open up and let you have the times if thats helpful, the times are quite spaced but there are a couple of sets close together near 22:30, 23:00 and 23:30

24 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Thanks @StumpyJohn, I'll see what comes along over the next week. I am well overdue a meteor shower so fingers crossed. 

No problem, I have minor shows due on wednesday and friday too so should hopefully have quite a few cancer fragments by then (I am also short of them at the moment).

Happy to open up for them or to post you a couple of my fragments afterwards

• Upvote 1

Are there a certain number of points I should be saving up to in order to get a better prize in the fishing tourney?

13 minutes ago, Popo said:

Are there a certain number of points I should be saving up to in order to get a better prize in the fishing tourney?

No, each prize is 10 points and C.J will give you one of each initially and from then on random duplicates

The 3 trophies are triggered when you have a cumulative total of 100, 200 and 300 points and arrive in the mail the next day.

There is more than 1 variety of some of the items such as the anchor statue and the fish print but he seems to always give you the same version, I assume so that swapping them with other players is encouraged.  I'll be posting up my swaps later

• Upvote 1

Thanks Stumpy - 300! I don’t think I’ve got the stamina. Then again... what else am I going to do today?!

Just now, Popo said:

Thanks Stumpy - 300! I don’t think I’ve got the stamina. Then again... what else am I going to do today?!

exactly!! :lol:

I managed 200 the first time and was pretty burned out.  This time I am better prepared and using 100% bait I am getting 8 occasionally 9 catches each time so have just completed the extra 100 I needed fairly easily and broke it up with doing a few other things.

Also, I just discovered that the variants of the prizes are actually just customisation options.  I am super stoked by this :omg: and cant believe I've spent the last 3 months wishing I had other fish prints when I could have just customised the one I had!

Will still have some duplicates to swap/ give away at the end if anyone needs stuff

I didn't mind the bug one but this is just tedious, especially as there appear to be about half as many fish as normal and all the time sapping animations and dialog boxes are still there.

I assume you're supposed to spam 8 million fishbait.

I’ve used up all the bait I had amassed over the past few weeks... maybe 100?

did it all exclusively off the pier, and finally got the giant trevally I wanted for my own wall of fish. So it was worth it for that.

So close to 11 but this little jerk took three nibbles as the timer ran out.

EcpEbgCUcAAdcdU.jpg

• Empathy 1

@cohen205's got a daughter! I assumed he must've been a kid or something. I shadow banned him coz of his Ugandan Knuckles town name that we all so publically condemned NEG for to each other and I didn't fancy sullying my twee little Animal Crossing bubble. A little bit of 'racist at the dinner table' silence every time I bumped into him on other islands. Sadly there was no 'righteous indignation' emote for me to mercilessly deploy so I really was completely powerless to speak out. 

5 hours ago, Rayn said:

This is the first time I’ve heard this accusation, has he admitted this or been caught red handed or is he under suspicion?

He came to my Island when I was letting people catalogue. He definitely took the things, but it could have been a misunderstanding and I wanted to believe it was. But I also removed him from my friends list and I’m really sorry I didn’t say more to protect others :( 

I used 30 baits, three at a time to ensure the bonus points and then catching fish as they spawn for the rest of the time limit I managed to get to 100 points. It's no fun at all, at least bug catching it quick but this takes ages andhalf the time I throw bait off the pier the fish immediately dashes to the side which wastes time repositioning to catch them.  I'll start hoarding bait again for the next one to get the silver trophy, I'm done for the day with it now.

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

exactly!! :lol:

I managed 200 the first time and was pretty burned out.  This time I am better prepared and using 100% bait I am getting 8 occasionally 9 catches each time so have just completed the extra 100 I needed fairly easily and broke it up with doing a few other things.

Also, I just discovered that the variants of the prizes are actually just customisation options.  I am super stoked by this :omg: and cant believe I've spent the last 3 months wishing I had other fish prints when I could have just customised the one I had!

Will still have some duplicates to swap/ give away at the end if anyone needs stuff

Woo! With my 200+ points off the previous tourney I just got the 300 today pretty easy also. Now I can just rinse it for more dupes of the items and selling the fishies ^_^

Nice tip on the item customisation, I too was mildly pissed I'd got given the same black bass print about three times last tourney.

The easiest/ most efficient way is to do it with bait is as pictured above by @DC Lemon, on the south beach facing exactly south.  So long as you are positioned right you can throw bait, cast and catch multiple times over without moving.  Occasionally you might get the odd issue and need to re-position but its relatively simple to reliably catch 8 each time, sometimes more if they bite quickly.

Obviously it does add to the monotony and is no good if you want to pier fish to try and get the rare ones that only spawn there at the same time

4 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

I have three cancer fragments, but I only need two for the recipe, so I can send you one over if you don't get another before the 22nd.

• Upvote 1

I've no idea what my total score is, didn't do much last time that's for sure. 

Anyone got any bait for sale :lol:

I didn't start playing this in time for the first fishing tournament, but I caught the complaints in this thread. Let's just say, I agree with them all. :lol:

Saying that, the fish prints are very pretty and I want them all.

image.png.d5fa884b7a683208eb7ec92132a51197.png

Also, in typical odd-ball Sherb fashion, he's been fishing into a flowerbed for the last six hours.

image.png.cfc70bdd09e53f12163e6a2fced403d8.png

• Upvote 6

I have the following available: if anyone is after any fish tourney items

fish rug (3)

fish wand (3)

marine pop wall (2)

fish drying rack (3)

fresh cooler (2)

Fish pochette (2)

tackle bag (1)

If anyone has any spares of the following I'd really like them:

fish print (1)

anchor statue (several)

Happy to give other items in exchange for these too

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

I didn't start playing this in time for the first fishing tournament, but I caught the complaints in this thread. Let's just say, I agree with them all. :lol:

Saying that, the fish prints are very pretty and I want them all.

image.png.d5fa884b7a683208eb7ec92132a51197.png

Also, in typical odd-ball Sherb fashion, he's been fishing into a flowerbed for the last six hours.

image.png.cfc70bdd09e53f12163e6a2fced403d8.png

I absolutely adore Sherb. :wub:

• Upvote 2

@StumpyJohn You were right about the repeats being the same specific item. I found the whole thing stressful and tedious so I only managed to snag three repeats which you're welcome to. :)

image.png.373c38642c6d0b1e0406a617cd29b839.pngimage.png.4e27eb6c8364555599f5d7775277ecdc.pngimage.png.f918c154c1dd6dfa8d65b92c6aed909f.png

Which print/anchor do you get? Do you get the same set of items you got at the previous tournament?

4 minutes ago, Popo said:

He's definitely a fave. He's always going on about the bugs in his house telling him things.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Popo said:

Got his pic the other day. He's never leaving my island.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

@StumpyJohn You were right about the repeats being the same specific item. I found the whole thing stressful and tedious so I only managed to snag three repeats which you're welcome to. :)

image.png.373c38642c6d0b1e0406a617cd29b839.pngimage.png.4e27eb6c8364555599f5d7775277ecdc.pngimage.png.f918c154c1dd6dfa8d65b92c6aed909f.png

Which print/anchor do you get? Do you get the same set of items you got at the previous tournament?

He's definitely a fave. He's always going on about the bugs in his house telling him things.

Yes, I got the same versions of things as I did in the first tournament.

Would love that anchor and print, thanks!  What are you after, happy to post you whatever :)

I'd love whichever print you have, but I'm not really feeling the need for multiple shades of anchor. Instead...you know those garden laterns in bronze and black? I've never come across the black version and would appreciate it. :)

Edit: Sent!