rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Goose's empty plot still not been sold. Like 3 days now, this a glitch? 

Gotta be the update we had.

I made a thing.

(Somehow cocked up and it’s only mono... but it’s too late now)

• Upvote 6

Will see if anything happens tomorrow, can't be bothered with Nook Islands tonight

Maybe Tom Nook is angry with me, still owe him over 2 million bells and he sees be splashing cash on bridges and inclines. Then showing up in my 1.2m bell crown was the final straw. 

• Upvote 2

Don’t suppose anyone has shooting stars or just Celeste around? I can never spot her on my mess of an island. I haven’t seen her for months!

Celeste is in town, so I've opened my gates for a bit in case anyone needs a recipe.  Trapped her at the base of the waterfall behind the shop.

• Upvote 1

I have Celeste as well. I can open if people want, and if anyone wants to bring anything like basic furniture I can catalogue, I wouldn’t say no :hat:

I’m also a prime area for dumping flowers you lovingly grew and don’t want if we’re besties as well. 

Nice. Got Camofrog's and Sherb's framed picture. The animals just love those fossils. 

Also got Celeste, and all she gave me was a Cancer Fragment. Does that mean I've already got every recipe from her?

11 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Nice. Got Camofrog's and Sherb's framed picture. The animals just love those fossils. 

Also got Celeste, and all she gave me was a Cancer Fragment. Does that mean I've already got every recipe from her?

Yes

4 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Okay, so I’m playing again but I am way behind on items etc. 
Inhave some pretty big projects in mind, so if anyone who has easy access to cataloguing can help out, I’d be most grateful.

I’d especially like more choose for seating and tables. I’ve seen a few corner sofa things, and I have hardly any diner stuff at all. Just large bits of furniture would be awesome. 

I’ve got all the box sofas and box corner sofas, as well as the whole diner set in red, but only in my catalogue. Can send them slowly? Also have a lily of the valley for you.

I’ve got a vacancy on my island and have tapped up the angriest, most miserable looking frog called Croque.

Can’t wait!

1 minute ago, MagicalDrop said:

Do any of you folks with Celeste have shooting stars? 

Very few.

Did anyone who came to mine accidentally pick up a couple of items? A cypress bath and antique console table?

I left them on the road part by my other house for my other character, and they’re no longer there far as I can tell. 

Edit: and a sauna thing. I’m not sure what else is missing. A magic circle rug was dropped nearby though. 

14 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

I had stars at the start of the evening but they seem to have gone now. 

Okay. And a bag of 30K bells I left by the tent for my other character is gone too. So someone stole from me tonight.

I only opened to friends. 

• Empathy 1

Whaaaaat the fuck. I also left that character a new net, spade, slingshot and fishing rod so they could get their 5K miles. 

Caught my first thing with the net. Broke. So they swapped out their old, shit net for the new one I left. 

Who does this sort of shit?? Is there any easy way I can double check who came? Because it might have been someone who was on my friends list them unfriended me?

John, Alex, Fuddle came...and I think someone else but can’t remember the name. But I’m not sure. Edit: I’ve remembered. It was Matt. 

I’m really fucking upset. This is so not in the spirit of Animal Crossing. @Meatball gifted me that cypress bath today. 

• Empathy 3

I have Celeste on my island for only the second time I think, some shooting stars too.

can open up to friends if anyone fancies popping over?

11 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Whaaaaat the fuck. I also left that character a new net, spade, slingshot and fishing rod so they could get their 5K miles. 

Caught my first thing with the net. Broke. So they swapped out their old, shit net for the new one I left. 

Who does this sort of shit?? Is there any easy way I can double check who came? Because it might have been someone who was on my friends list them unfriended me?

John, Alex, Fuddle came...and I think someone else but can’t remember the name. But I’m not sure. Edit: I’ve remembered. It was Matt. 

I’m really fucking upset. This is so not in the spirit of Animal Crossing. @Meatball gifted me that cypress bath today. 

We need a PSA about him, he’s stolen from a few of us. His username is Cohen205 if you want to remove him. 

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

We need a PSA about him, he’s stolen from a few of us. His username is Cohen205 if you want to remove him. 

Who? Is it one of the people I mentioned? I do have a Cohen205 on my friends list. I really slimmed down on that list though, to people I thought I knew. What’s their in game name? Are they on the forum?

2 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Who? Is it one of the people I mentioned? I do have a Cohen205 on my friends list. I really slimmed down on that list though, to people I thought I knew. What’s their in game name? Are they on the forum?

It’s Matt from Da Wae I believe. He’s from here. 

Not me, I saw some stuff and thought it was for cataloguing, but there was nothing I didn’t already have.

Did Stumpyjohn ever get to the bottom of his missing gold roses mystery?

It's pretty shitty how these things can happen. I get a bit squeamish if I've opened up and I forgot some random items I dropped. I have faith in the majority of people here though, of course. I still wish Nintendo had dedicated a lot more effort to the online features. An airport app on the Nook phone could've given players complete executive control. Items lying about the place but gotta open up fast? Toggle a button that turns item pick-ups off, etc. Plus remote gate opening/closing, naturally. ;)

• Upvote 2

There should be quick lock options menu for dropped & placed items ie.  

Owner Only

Islanders Only 
Friends Only 
All Visitors

But the MP is generally so poorly thought out and under developed.

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Dodgy bastards!. You might have something in the post tomorrow :sherlock:

And also, why did nobody tell me the big satellite dish is motorised and moves? :omg:

Hopefully I might get some different better channels on the telly in my house now.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

I’ve got a vacancy on my island and have tapped up the angriest, most miserable looking frog called Croque.

Can’t wait!

I had him in New Leaf and thought the grumpy sod was great! :) 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NexivRed said:

That is so fucking low and just reading about it makes my blood boil. We’re supposed to be a community. I’m 100% certain that if anyone needs anything in Animal Crossing you only need to ask and you’ll be gifted whatever you want. Stealing is just not on.

8 hours ago, Broker said:

This is the first time I’ve heard this accusation, has he admitted this or been caught red handed or is he under suspicion?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

I was watching something on Netflix with the Switch on the other screen, keeping an eye on the sky.  Had about three batches of shooting stars, about 5 each time, over the course of an hour.