rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Just now, Number 28 said:

Does the snorkel let you stay under longer or is it purely cosmetic? I'm going to guess it's the latter. 

I dived this morning with it and this evening without it and I couldn't see any difference

I guess it's not really necessary. Flippers on the other hand...

Anyone notice that when a villager leaves, they often dump one of their items in the recycling box? Sometimes it's an item I gifted them. Ouch...

32 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

I read this as "welding set" at first. And now I'm sad that isn't a thing.

There’s a welding mask.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have 1 spare large star fragment and 3 old tyres I could buy?

Had a good run on Celeste items lately so building a space room in my house but just need these 3 last bits

Let me know how much £ or anything else you’d like in return :)

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

There’s a welding mask.

How could I doubt Animal Crossing? Of course there is. :D

16 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Does anyone have 1 spare large star fragment and 3 old tyres I could buy?

Had a good run on Celeste items lately so building a space room in my house but just need these 3 last bits

Let me know how much £ or anything else you’d like in return :)

Thanks

I'll open for you to grab the bits you need.

32 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I'll open for you to grab the bits you need.

Thanks, you still open, not finding you?

No probs if not, can try another time thanks

19 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Thanks, you still open, not finding you?

No probs if not, can try another time thanks

I can open tomorrow whatever time is good for you.

• Upvote 1

Just realised Redd was visiting today. First time in ages.

8 hours ago, Daley said:

Just realised Redd was visiting today. First time in ages.

Maybe it’s the first time you’re getting to play today and so doesn’t apply to you and even if not then no offence but...

This boggles my mind! I see it from some of my friends and occasionally others on here who get surprised by things very late in the day. “Oh I have Redd, lol” at 6pm despite playing for hours earlier. “Just found Celeste” at midnight despite being on all night.

It’s right at the top of my internal daily AC checklist. Who is visiting today? My house is next to the square so I move there to see if it’s a square visitor. Then pop open the map to check for Redd. If not found then I search whilst on my fossil hunt (plus bottle and money tree) lap around the island.

I can sort of understand Celeste because as a wandering visitor who can appear any night who can be tricky to find you might not dedicate time to finding her. Or forget.

I can also sort of forgive the wandering visitors a little because they can be hard to find (I once failed to find Saharah for about 2 hours - not searching constantly - because she was on a rock at the back of the island where I sort of assume is inaccessible it there’s actually a one tile path). But even then I know there must be one somewhere so I generally want to find them.

Obviously everyone’s mind works differently and everyone plays differently. This is just one of those little things that demonstrates that so starkly.

• Upvote 1

As it keeps raining at the moment I have a load of extra flowers popping up each morning.

If anyone wants any rare flowers then I have a load of blue roses to give away plus a smaller number of gold roses, purple windflowers and purple pansies.

I'll be on later today so can visit and plant some on anyones island

33 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

As it keeps raining at the moment I have a load of extra flowers popping up each morning.

If anyone wants any rare flowers then I have a load of blue roses to give away plus a smaller number of gold roses, purple windflowers and purple pansies.

Ditto

Wait, has Redd always appeared on weekends? I thought that was KK Slider day and Sunday was turnip lady?

Edit: nm, that was posted yesterday *goes back to sleep*

55 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Funny, I too was about to post the same thing. I must be binning 10+ every morning. At least the rain seems to clear up by 9am most mornings. 

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

Maybe it’s the first time you’re getting to play today and so doesn’t apply to you and even if not then no offence but...

This boggles my mind! I see it from some of my friends and occasionally others on here who get surprised by things very late in the day. “Oh I have Redd, lol” at 6pm despite playing for hours earlier. “Just found Celeste” at midnight despite being on all night.

It’s right at the top of my internal daily AC checklist. Who is visiting today? My house is next to the square so I move there to see if it’s a square visitor. Then pop open the map to check for Redd. If not found then I search whilst on my fossil hunt (plus bottle and money tree) lap around the island.

I can sort of understand Celeste because as a wandering visitor who can appear any night who can be tricky to find you might not dedicate time to finding her. Or forget.

I can also sort of forgive the wandering visitors a little because they can be hard to find (I once failed to find Saharah for about 2 hours - not searching constantly - because she was on a rock at the back of the island where I sort of assume is inaccessible it there’s actually a one tile path). But even then I know there must be one somewhere so I generally want to find them.

Obviously everyone’s mind works differently and everyone plays differently. This is just one of those little things that demonstrates that so starkly.

Yea yesterday was a bit busy and I usually check first thing along with finding who is crafting, AM turnip prices and the other bits you mention. Was a bit late when I noticed the out of place icon on my map so apologies for not sharing it here earlier in the day. 

Just got a recipe for a boomerang, unfortunately it’s just something to hang on the wall. Was really hoping I could hold it like a wand or tambourine.

we need more stuff like that. Hopefully Brewster will appear and I can walk around with a cup of coffee again.

Just now, Fuddle said:

Just got a recipe for a boomerang, unfortunately it’s just something to hang on the wall. Was really hoping I could hold it like a wand or tambourine.

we need more stuff like that. Hopefully Brewster will appear and I can walk around with a cup of coffee again.

It's such a shame that they didn't have anything properly interactive with this game.

58 minutes ago, SteveH said:

It's such a shame that they didn't have anything properly interactive with this game.

Frisbee :omg:

On the conversations after the update:

Now you don't have to win a game to invite an animal from the campsite.  They just agree to move in or not randomly. Who they choose to kick out is the same as before, however.

If you follow Pascal after giving him a scallop he swims a little way then bashed it open on his tummy and eats it. 

Anyone need KK songs? 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

On the conversations after the update:

Now you don't have to win a game to invite an animal from the campsite.  They just agree to move in or not randomly. Who they choose to kick out is the same as before, however.

That was true before. For visitors to the campsite you can decide not to play the game and if you keep talking to them they’ll eventually suggest moving to your island. Even if they decide not to the first time you can keep talking to them and they’ll eventually decide to move to your island.

Oh, ok.

On an unrelated note- I've just gone and bastard sold a DIY from Pascal, and I don't even know what it was:blah:.

I hope he starts giving out repeats.

I ordered a plushie Isabelle from Play-Asia months ago. It shipped and then vanished. I pretty much wrote it off and then it arrived today :)

Bj8J3BO.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

17 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I can open tomorrow whatever time is good for you.

Hi, let me know if you open and will pop over, what do you need in return? Thanks :)

45 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Hi, let me know if you open and will pop over, what do you need in return? Thanks :)

I can open right now. What colour lighthouse, climbing frame, and vending machines do you have?

14 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I can open right now. What colour lighthouse, climbing frame, and vending machines do you have?

Thanks

Lighthouse - white & blue

Climbing frame - red & yellow

Vending machines - both black

Any good? Will post any to you

4 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Thanks

Lighthouse - white & blue

Climbing frame - red & yellow

Vending machines - both black

Any good? Will post any to you

Lighthouse and Climbing Frame, pls.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I would love some blue roses to go in my hybrid dinosaur area along the front of the Diplocede! 
I’ve  been improving and beautifying the area seeing as I’ve made so many Dino freaks lol.