Animal Crossing: New Horizons

53 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

From people who want to use guides to find critters quickly. Those who use VillagerDB to find what items they're missing. Those who get online and buy/sell cataloguing or access to rarer items. Those to time travel to see more and get items faster.

And didn't forget those of us who just take what the game gives them in whatever time that takes! It slow but means I have things to look forward to for longer.. 

13 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Agree with the posts above about different playstyles, etc.

My only complaint is with people complaining about the game, if that makes sense.

The game is clearly designed for you to take it easy and not worry - not try to min-max, don't worry about missing out, etc.  The designers have tried to hammer that home in about a thousand ways in the way the game is designed.  But then some of us like to try and bend and break this by trying to min-max a little bit, looking at the data miners stuff, rushing to breed all the flowers, forcing rocks to spawn in certain places, going online to swap items and use tools to maximise turnip prices.  All fine, but there's inevitably some friction with this as you're kinda going against the grain of the design.  But then you get people complaining that the game doesn't support min-maxing as much as they'd like - that video a while back where someone had loads of suggestions for UI changes that would make it easier to craft batches of items quicker and access their storage without going to their house.  That bugs me a bit because they're asking for the game to be redesigned as a min-max game, and that's completely against the whole design philosophy that it was built around.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I've got some RNG type bug as I've had that horrible green surfboard for sale in my shop every day for about a fortnight now.  I'm only short of the white surfboard, and it's never going to appear, is it?

I can send you a white one from my catalogue if you want.  Alternatively its bound to be in someone else's Cranny in the space of the next few days as there aren't that many seasonal item variants in total

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

I can send you a white one from my catalogue if you want.  Alternatively its bound to be in someone else's Cranny in the space of the next few days as there aren't that many seasonal item variants in total

Thanks, I'll try and pick it up from someone else's this week.  Not been online much for a week or so, but I need to get some more star pieces so I'll start visiting again.

Bellville is open with Redd if anyone wants some fake tat. Please water my flowers outside the airport :D

Redd has;

Fake Quaint Painting

Fake Moving Painting

Fake Motherly Statue

He is also selling;

Corby Trouser Press (not disassembled)

Throwback Container (green/yellow)

44 minutes ago, Peb Kacharach said:

Don’t you only get one surfboard per island?

Like the nook miles items?

I only ever get the blue stripey board and the orange retro fan.

I'm sure I've had different surf boards and coloured fans in my shop... But, now I'm doubting my memory. Maybe I was just visiting other islands a lot and got mixed up?

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

Jail Bars are now second on my Most Wanted list.

I think don't you only want things you've found or received on your own island? But I have a spare recipe of the jail bars, yours if you want it?

7 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I think don't you only want things you've found or received on your own island? But I have a spare recipe of the jail bars, yours if you want it?

Sorry, yeah, i can't take it much as I would love too!

Appreciate the offer though!

1 hour ago, Ste Pickford said:

Thanks, I'll try and pick it up from someone else's this week.  Not been online much for a week or so, but I need to get some more star pieces so I'll start visiting again.

No problem.  It's been quiet the last few days on the Celeste openings in the evening.  Need to get my wand fix!

Finally found my weather seed for MeteoNook after 3 or 4 failed attempts so know that I have 2 heavy showers due near the end of the month.

Guess which recipe I found in a bottle today @StumpyJohn... :lol:

Spoiler

Cutting board

If anyone wants it, just say and I'll post it. I have the lucky gold cat recipe too, but you need to get the lucky cat from Gulliver to make it.

2 hours ago, Peb Kacharach said:

Don’t you only get one surfboard per island?

Like the nook miles items?

I only ever get the blue stripey board and the orange retro fan.

Ive definitely had different surf boards I my shop. I’ve had the white one and the flowery one this week.

11 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Guess which recipe I found in a bottle today @StumpyJohn... :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Cutting board

If anyone wants it, just say and I'll post it. I have the lucky gold cat recipe too, but you need to get the lucky cat from Gulliver to make it.

Lol!

Similar happened to me with the Bonsai Shelf.  I picked it up a few days ago in a recipe swap pile I think on @Tetmon Island Bester.  Since then I've had it in a bottle and from one of my villagers crafting :lol:

The game likes to troll. I just got another pearl from Pascal...

I wouldn't mind a bonsai shelf if there's still one going. :ph34r: It's a shame you gotta wait for autumn or next spring to make a bonsai to go on it. Really surprised at the lack of bonsai...

2 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

I'm sure I've had different surf boards and coloured fans in my shop... But, now I'm doubting my memory. Maybe I was just visiting other islands a lot and got mixed up?

I haven't. One fan and one Surfboard. I've stopped logging in to check Nook's Cranny any more, there just doesn't seem to be any point.

My gates are open as Celeste is here-last seen NE of the island. No stars, though.

Shops are already shut.

BTW, I have also only had one colour surfboard and fan (both green) at Nook's since they started selling it. A friend, too.

Are our shops broken?

• Upvote 1

Picked up the white surfboard on the first island I visited this afternoon.  So that was nice.

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

Are you after it? I don't think you were properly added when you delivered my lovely red phone box months ago. I'll send a request.

If it's going spare, I don't have it.  Not desperate for it or anything, in case anyone else wants it more.

39 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I keep getting this one

image.png.c43c7aedd65a5dac3dc4ed0dc142dec4.png

I just figured it was a "visit other islands if you want the whole set" sorta thing.

I’d love one if these if you can send!

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

The game likes to troll. I just got another pearl from Pascal...

I wouldn't mind a bonsai shelf if there's still one going. :ph34r: It's a shame you gotta wait for autumn or next spring to make a bonsai to go on it. Really surprised at the lack of bonsai...

Sent the shelf recipe to you.  Still have 1 left if anyone else wants it

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

My gates are open as Celeste is here-last seen NE of the island. No stars, though.

Shops are already shut.

BTW, I have also only had one colour surfboard and fan (both green) at Nook's since they started selling it. A friend, too.

Are our shops broken?

Thanks, finally got the lunar rover from Celeste :omg:

She was on the East Beach about a third of the way up

I dropped off another couple of items for you in the same spot as last time

Can anyone post me a couple of the "old tire" trash items you get from fishing, I binned most of mine and now need them for crafting :facepalm:

59 minutes ago, Laine said:

I’d love one if these if you can send!

Sent! :)

38 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Sent the shelf recipe to you.  Still have 1 left if anyone else wants it

Cheers John!

1 hour ago, Ste Pickford said:

If it's going spare, I don't have it.  Not desperate for it or anything, in case anyone else wants it more.

You're welcome to it, I don't think I repayed you for the phone box. I think one of us has to visit again though, because daft system. :(

Btw, anyone else throwng seaweed all over their beaches just for the hell of it?

1 hour ago, Tetmon said:

Shops are already shut.

Are our shops broken?

Cheers. Just a quick visit for Celeste. Got Galaxy Flooring. Opening up now too for watering and other merriment. Any watering greatly appreciated.

Aha, that was you! I got a rose wand... For some reason I thought everyone would get the same recipe from Celeste and I fancied the lunar rover.

It seems a rusted part appears in the recycling the day after Pirate Gulliver, too. Also, I only just noticed there's a Nook wetsuit and snorkle added to the ol' Nook machine.

4 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Aha, that was you! I got a rose wand... For some reason I thought everyone would get the same recipe from Celeste and I fancied the lunar rover.

It seems a rusted part appears in the recycling the day after Pirate Gulliver, too. Also, I only just noticed there's a Nook wetsuit and snorkle added to the ol' Nook machine.

There are also wetsuits available in Nook Shopping with nice leaf patterns on them