rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Just now, Rob Rule said:

How'd you get this day one? I could only order one through Nook shopping (which arrives the next day, I thought).

Check the cupboard in your cranny

Just now, Rob Rule said:

How'd you get this day one? I could only order one through Nook shopping (which arrives the next day, I thought).

For sale in the cupboard in Nook's Cranny (where the tools and plants are).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob Rule said:

There is one on sale in the cabinet in Nooks Cranny

Have a look in the Museum after you have a few of the sea creatures donated.  The moon jellyfish display is great

• Upvote 1

I’m super impressed with the fish section of the museum, I love walking around looking at all the fish and creatures. The music is proper zen like too.

• Upvote 4

Also, be careful with rucksack space when you're diving, as you can't swap/drop less desirable land-based stuff (anything not sea creatures) into the water. I had to let something excellent go because I didn't make space first. 

• Empathy 1

Talking to Saharah is easier after the update. You don't have to re-start the conversation after each purchase.

• Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Talking to Saharah is easier after the update. You don't have to re-start the conversation after each purchase.

Awesome, hope they have streamlined some of the other conversations too

• Upvote 1

Have opened up for visitors in case anyone wants to shop etc.  There is a thunderstorm at the moment too

Will be working so not active in the game

23 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Nice....now if they could just add "save and continue" I'd be happy :) 

Well, I bought a few wetsuits, swam about a bit and added some sea crap to the museum. Seems ok but I can’t imagine wanting to just swim about for hours dredging stuff up. 

I do wonder whether 'flippers' will become a thing, to increase swimming speed. 

1 minute ago, Rob Rule said:

I do wonder whether 'flippers' will become a thing, to increase swimming speed. 

You can just hold the button rather than tap to swim, agree it would be good to have a run equivalent too

Sure? I found holding A does a light treading of water that makes you move around slowly, rather than the (faster) breaststroke. I've found a nice, slow rhythm to the A button to get the arms moving correctly, you just press A each time they're fully 'back'. Spamming the A button doesn't hasten the animation or your character. 

My guess would be, as holding A only uses the legs, that'd be the flippers 'run' function if it came, yeah.

4 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

Is the 'Display Pictures' option in the Critterpedia a new option with this update (press X), or have I just not noticed it before?

Yeah, X to display pictures has always been there.

@StumpyJohnCould I have a Pascal poster, too? :D Edit: and it's waiting in my mail box already, thanks John! :)

3 hours ago, Popo said:

I caught one this morning on a tree. It’s a time of day thing:

Hide contents

Active 5-7am and 06:30-07:30pm... lazy shit!

Weird, that's a very small window. Will have to remember.

P.S. My house storage is full and it's stressing me out...

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, X to display pictures has always been there.

@StumpyJohnCould I have a Pascal poster, too? :D

sent

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Weird, that's a very small window. Will have to remember.

P.S. My house storage is full and it's stressing me out...

start a second character, I now have 3200 storage :P

• Upvote 1

Seems to be a bit of a lunch-hour exercise club forming on my Island...

EcAKcl2U8AAITyU.thumb.jpeg.82a08922d40ee28b36eeb5e6a27822bc.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Before I start, I have to warn you that I do not play Animal Crossing but will be using multiple references and phrases that suggest I do :)

My wife is losing her mind at the moment because on a daily basis our son opens up her Island and "fucks up my shit", which is starting to put a serious strain on their relationship. He is 3 years old and is not allowed to play it but has on occasion watched my wife play and loves it. Recently he has evolved into a clothes selling, tree chopping, hole digging, butterfly catching, garden ruining cunt. I have decided to step in.

Is there any way for my wife to save her game so she can close the Switch down and not have to worry about the carnage that she is going to uncover when she fires it back up? I figured there must some kind of simple status save you could do so if it does happen (and the boy is a clever little prick so it clearly will happen) again that he can mess about and that 'activity' is simply lost when it gets turned off or the save loaded back up?

11 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Seems to be a bit of a lunch-hour exercise club forming on my Island...

The animals on my island...

image.png.d4f9a00e54f6898f80d06dcba8cd6af0.png

@MardiganXI think you're out of luck because the game regularly autosaves (spinny thing in the corner, plus whenever you do certain interactions). Unless there's a way to copy your save after you/your wife play, then you could copy it back later?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Number 28 said:

@MardiganXI think you're out of luck because the game regularly autosaves (spinny thing in the corner, plus whenever you do certain interactions). Unless there's a way to copy your save after you/your wife play, then you could copy it back later?

Thanks man, but anything more than 'This is how you can easily save your game darling' is more than I can be arsed to do, plus the wee man seems to take great delight in looking at her face when she finds all his work :)

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Well, I bought a few wetsuits, swam about a bit and added some sea crap to the museum. Seems ok but I can’t imagine wanting to just swim about for hours dredging stuff up. 

Hang on a minute!

There is swimming now?!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Hang on a minute!

There is swimming now?!

Yes, if you have got the 1.3.0 update.  You need to close the game for it to auto download and install.  Also if you try and use the internet (fly on dodo etc) it should tell you that you need to update it first

:lol:

If you run at the edge of a rock or the end of the pier and tap A just before you get there you’ll do a flip.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yes, if you have got the 1.3.0 update.  You need to close the game for it to auto download and install.  Also if you try and use the internet (fly on dodo etc) it should tell you that you need to update it first

I've been out all day so haven't updated.

That's something exciting to look forward to when I  fire it up tonight...

22 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Before I start, I have to warn you that I do not play Animal Crossing but will be using multiple references and phrases that suggest I do :)

My wife is losing her mind at the moment because on a daily basis our son opens up her Island and "fucks up my shit", which is starting to put a serious strain on their relationship. He is 3 years old and is not allowed to play it but has on occasion watched my wife play and loves it. Recently he has evolved into a clothes selling, tree chopping, hole digging, butterfly catching, garden ruining cunt. I have decided to step in.

Is there any way for my wife to save her game so she can close the Switch down and not have to worry about the carnage that she is going to uncover when she fires it back up? I figured there must some kind of simple status save you could do so if it does happen (and the boy is a clever little prick so it clearly will happen) again that he can mess about and that 'activity' is simply lost when it gets turned off or the save loaded back up?

The kid needs his own Switch Lite+game. ;)

The sound design (or whatever you call it) in this is so good. The swimming noises especially, and the slapping of feet as you run barefoot.

2 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

The sound design (or whatever you call it) in this is so good. The swimming noises especially, and the slapping of feet as you run barefoot.

Or when you're near one of your animals holding an umbrella, and the sound of the rain on the umbrella.

• Upvote 2