Animal Crossing: New Horizons

12 hours ago, bimbam said:

Are the villager relationships individual to each player profile or only based the on the lead player?

Im the lead player and don’t really interact with other villagers but my wife is giving them all gifts every day but nothing really seems to be changing, no quests to catch bugs or fish etc, so wondering if it’s my fault?

The fetch quests are pretty rare. Our main island resident hardly plays but I've managed to get 5 villager photos so the friend stat must be individual to each player.

• Upvote 1

How's every getting along with collecting the sea creatures? Got 22 in my Critterpedia now and as I'm avoiding any guides I'm not sure if there are any more currently seasonally available.  Just had a massive (10 minute!) chase to get the 22nd one :).

Think I’ve collected 20 so far, so it’s good to know I’ve a few more to catch. I assume they’re seasonal like other creatures though so must be close to what’s available now. 

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Does anyone need an ironwood dresser recipe? Velma in the north west is currently crafting one. I could do with the chopping board...

I got a duplicate recipe card for chopping board this morning, ill post it to you

Awesome, thanks John! :) 

I didn't start the game early enough to try the first fishing tourny. Is it exactly like the bug off? Catch as many fish as you can in 3 minutes? 300 points for gold? Oh man...

2 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Awesome, thanks John! :) 

I didn't start the game early enough to try the first fishing tourny. Is it exactly like the bug off? Catch as many fish as you can in 3 minutes? 300 points for gold? Oh man...

Its essentially the same, there are a couple of differences:

Its not possible to cant catch as many fish in the 3 minutes as it is bugs so it takes a lot more goes

The fish set of items has a few where there are multiple variants so there is more opportunity for doing swaps afterwards

I think you'll really struggle to get 300 in one go.  I only just got to 200 at the first fish tourney and spend quite a lot more time doing so than it took me to get to 300 in bug-off.

Fortunately you start off from where you ended up last time so I just have 100 more to go

Hmm, I think I'll just take it easy and save my amassed bait for when the stringfish returns. Well, I say that now, but I'll probably end up fishing like a madman up to the minute.

I know we’re all decent, law abiding citizens here but does anyone know if theoretically you could change the clock to increase the length of time the fishing tournament is available? 

4 hours ago, Azrael said:

Stupid fishing tourney is coming up again soon. Already started stockpiling bait for it

How many bait am I going to need? I’ve got like 150.

35 minutes ago, Broker said:

I know we’re all decent, law abiding citizens here but does anyone know if theoretically you could change the clock to increase the length of time the fishing tournament is available? 

No idea, never tried it

35 minutes ago, Broker said:

How many bait am I going to need? I’ve got like 150.

Assuming you are going 0 to 300 and get enough fish each time to get the bonus points I recon you'll need around 225 bait.  You will be really fed up too I'd expect! 

• Upvote 1

I did all 300 points last time. I probably had about 100 bait but actually enjoyed it a lot more once I’d run out, just ran around and had some good and som bad runs. If I saw a balloon I took time out to pop it. No prizes for high scores in individual runs so if you want the gold it’s just about being able to play for a fair while and you’ll get there easy enough.

12 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

How's every getting along with collecting the sea creatures? Got 22 in my Critterpedia now and as I'm avoiding any guides I'm not sure if there are any more currently seasonally available.  Just had a massive (10 minute!) chase to get the 22nd one :).

Bit late seeing this...I have 23. I'd be interested to know what I've got that you haven't. I think my rarest catches are...

Spoiler

...the vampire squid and horseshoe crab.

Btw, why oh why couldn't the wetsuit just be considered another item of clothing? It's bizarre what Nintendo have done to complicate the wetsuit/wand stuff...

It's funny if you put the game to sleep in the daytime, with the Plaza filled with villagers, then you wake it up again at 2am. They'll still be there and will immediately begin walking back to their houses like zombies.

5 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Bit late seeing this...I have 23. I'd be interested to know what I've got that you haven't. I think my rarest catches are...

Hide contents

Btw, why oh why couldn't the wetsuit just be considered another item of clothing? It's bizarre what Nintendo have done to complicate the wetsuit/wand stuff...

It's funny if you put the game to sleep in the daytime, with the Plaza filled with villagers, then you wake it up again at 2am. They'll still be there and will immediately begin walking back to their houses like zombies.

Whilst it’s a little annoying how the wetsuit works at least it doesn’t remove what you wear under it.

• Upvote 1

At least you can wear a wand outfit over the wetsuit which makes changing into it fairly simple. But then that does mean you need to take off 2 layers to get into the changing room in Able Sisters :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Hide contents

Am missing the 

Spoiler

crab

My gates are open to friends.

Will leave them open, afk.

Redd's here with a fake mystic and warrior statue remaining.

Puck's crafting a dark rose wreath.

Help yourself to the shops and any DIY off the ground, enjoy the swimming.

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

Whilst it’s a little annoying how the wetsuit works at least it doesn’t remove what you wear under it.

It’s tremendously annoying. It’s all very well having the wetsuit cover up my clothes, but if I’m still wearing DMs and a hat, then it doesn’t really work. What I really wanted was to define a diving wand outfit, but the wetsuit isn’t clothes, so you can’t do that. I tried doing a just-the-accessories wand outfit, but I ended up in my pants. What a mess. 

Anyway, I’ve taken to dotting a few lockers around the coast, so I can quickly change into snorkel/water shoes/dry bag before putting my wetsuit on. Even then I have to make sure I put on/take off the wetsuit in the right order. 

Enjoying the diving anyway. Caught a Gigas Giant Clam yesterday, which was a triumph as my daughter played all morning on update day and had already donated almost everything to the museum, but not this!

One thing that strikes me is that this seems to be an incredibly reliable way to make money. 10 minutes of diving is about 24k bells, more if you find a big ticket item like a giant clam. Much more reliable than fishing or insect catching. Also, no temptation to cache your high value items for a CJ/Flick equivalent, so it’s instant optimal return.

1 hour ago, Tetmon said:

My gates are open to friends.

Will leave them open, afk.

Redd's here with a fake mystic and warrior statue remaining.

Puck's crafting a dark rose wreath.

Help yourself to the shops and any DIY off the ground, enjoy the swimming.

Both are already gone now

I left a couple of posters next to your house, they are of Copper so nobody better nick them !

Also, have finally checked to see how many Nook Miles you get for the first Island visit of the day - 800 @Ste Pickford

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

One thing that strikes me is that this seems to be an incredibly reliable way to make money. 10 minutes of diving is about 24k bells, more if you find a big ticket item like a giant clam. Much more reliable than fishing or insect catching. Also, no temptation to cache your high value items for a CJ/Flick equivalent, so it’s instant optimal return.

I really hope they add in the ability to get models from the sea creatures at some point

24 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

It’s tremendously annoying. It’s all very well having the wetsuit cover up my clothes, but if I’m still wearing DMs and a hat, then it doesn’t really work. What I really wanted was to define a diving wand outfit, but the wetsuit isn’t clothes, so you can’t do that. I tried doing a just-the-accessories wand outfit, but I ended up in my pants. What a mess. 

Anyway, I’ve taken to dotting a few lockers around the coast, so I can quickly change into snorkel/water shoes/dry bag before putting my wetsuit on. Even then I have to make sure I put on/take off the wetsuit in the right order. 

Enjoying the diving anyway. Caught a Gigas Giant Clam yesterday, which was a triumph as my daughter played all morning on update day and had already donated almost everything to the museum, but not this!

I'm just going around in my wetsuit now.

18 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I'm just going around in my wetsuit now.

Same here, mostly just always wearing it and take it off when going into the changing room at Abels

And at least you don't need to leave the whole shop like you do to remove a wand outfit!

4 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Same here, mostly just always wearing it and take it off when going into the changing room at Abels

And at least you don't need to leave the whole shop like you do to remove a wand outfit!

You don't need to leave to remove wand outfits. You can hold a wand indoors but you must do so via your bag, not the tool wheel (since that isn't available indoors).

3 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

You don't need to leave to remove wand outfits. You can hold a wand indoors but you must do so via your bag, not the tool wheel (since that isn't available indoors).

Cool, thanks

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Both are already gone now

I left a couple of posters next to your house, they are of Copper so nobody better nick them !

Cheers!

I've secreted them away.

I should've mentioned it was walking stick bug time, too.

Never mind.

7 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Sea creature spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

How the hell are you supposed to catch that fast moving shadow? 

EDIT: Never mind. Caught it!

I had a 10 minute chase at the weekend.  Initially I didn't want to go close to the edges as I thought I remembered they used to escape through it in New Leaf.

Eventually I got fed up and forced the shadow into a corner and got it.  It didn't seem to be able to escape through the edge but that may have just been luck.

The creature turned out to be a 

Spoiler

giant isopod

• Upvote 1