rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

27 minutes ago, Broker said:

I suppose it’s worth mentioning here that I’ve had one meteor shower and seen Celeste twice on my island. 

Well I’ve had one meteor shower (heavy).

Celeste comes once a week is my understanding. Maybe if you have no light meteor showers. But looking through weather seeds that’s quite rare. So you’ve had her pretty much every week, likely just missing her. 

Real talk time - is Orville Scottish?

I vote: yes. Yes he is. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Well I’ve had one meteor shower (heavy).

Celeste comes once a week is my understanding. Maybe if you have no light meteor showers. But looking through weather seeds that’s quite rare. So you’ve had her pretty much every week, likely just missing her. 

Oh shit

1 hour ago, Broker said:

I suppose it’s worth mentioning here that I’ve had one meteor shower and seen Celeste twice on my island. 

Celeste is a weekly, or perhaps almost every week visitor on a random day when you are due to get some meteors so you must have been missing her.  Most of the showers are of the minor version so they are easy to miss.  Celeste herself appears at 19:00 but I'm not sure when she leaves, I'd guess 05:00 when the next day starts.

She can be hard to spot especially if she is in a wooded area

• Upvote 1

Do you still get Celeste when it's pouring down?  Because I've not noticed her for weeks on my island, and it seems like it's been raining non-stop for weeks.

Yeah that’s what my island is like too. It says online that she appears weekly on a clear night. But most days it’s raining or at least really cloudy in Binkton. 

Think my Animal crossing has gone weird. Firstly, I keep getting loads of the same fish again and again. Usually horse mackerel over and over again. It'd be ok if it was sharks. I used to catch all kinds of fish in the sea. Now it's just mackerel and sea bass!

Secondly, one of my villagers keeps sitting in a wheelchair all day, everyday.

Then I've only had redd turn up once since his first visit and i check every day.

Finally, one of my usually ace villagers, Bones, gave me a painting in a letter. A fake painting! Didn't even realize you could get paintings from villagers let alone fake ones. 

Has anyone else experienced madness like this? 

Just now, Foxworth said:

Think my Animal crossing has gone weird. Firstly, I keep getting loads of the same fish again and again. Usually horse mackerel over and over again. It'd be ok if it was sharks. I used to catch all kinds of fish in the sea. Now it's just mackerel and sea bass!

Then I've only had redd turn up once since his first visit and i check every day.

Finally, one of my usually ace villagers, Bones, gave me a painting in a letter. A fake painting! Didn't even realize you could get paintings from villagers let alone fake ones. 

Only the bit about an animal sending me a legit statue, for the art gallery.

45 minutes ago, Foxworth said:

You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you? 

[Bubblegum K.K. plays backwards]

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Celeste is in town. Opening gates for a while. Not seen any shooting stars. 

Jetman from Winslow

Thanks.  Got a comms error when Daniel from fishing was flying in, unfortunately I still had the wand recipe in my pockets afterwards! 

1 minute ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thanks.  Got a comms error when Daniel from fishing was flying in, unfortunately I still had the wand recipe in my pockets afterwards! 

Back open now

Ooh, should have mentioned this earlier today but it is the last day of wedding season so remember to order stuff from Cyrus if you have not done so already

10 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Ooh, should have mentioned this earlier today but it is the last day of wedding season so remember to order stuff from Cyrus if you have not done so already

I think I already have all I am likely to need but do you know what time this ends? 

2 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

I think I already have all I am likely to need but do you know what time this ends? 

I would assume at 05:00 when the day swaps over but I'd go before midnight just in case

Also, Just got Raymonds picture after giving him a fossil! :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

Celeste is in town. Opening gates for a while. Not seen any shooting stars. 

Jetman from Winslow

Just sent you a friends request, lacking on the star fragment front!

7 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

It’s obviously been structured so that you can’t fill your gallery as quickly as you can your fossils but Redd is a rare visitor and there’s no other way of getting art (I hear villagers can gift you some but never experienced it) means that those who are trying to fill their gallery without exploiting the game will be doing it for the next few years. 

I do think Nintendo have deliberately made animal crossing both amazing and equally the most annoying game ever made. 

The problem is they've made several changes.

If they'd had fakes, but he turns up daily.

If they'd not restricted you to one purchase so you could at least get all the real ones on a visit.

If they'd not had fakes.

But instead he turns up rarely, you can only buy one thing AND all too frequently there's no museum compatible one thing in there.

I've had 3 visits, first time I didn't know how to spot fakes, and got one.  2nd time there's something my museum, 3rd time there's no real ones.

So in what, 2 months I've put one painting in a huge museum.

2 hours ago, Foxworth said:

Are you casting at different sized shadows? So if you go for small ones you should be getting seahorse, clown fish etc.  What about river and pond fish, do you get the expected ones in the various locations and with their sizes matching that of the shadows?

I think it was @deKay whos game got stuck earlier on and was getting the same item from balloons over and over.  If you have not already tried it then exit the game and reboot your switch.  There is an update due at the end of the week so that will probably unjam it if it is stuck.

Villagers do seem to have spots they prefer more than others but they wont be in the same spot all day, or shouldn't be!

Redd should, on average, appear approximately twice every 5 weeks (he is one of 5 potential visitors that fill 2 spots a week with an increased chance of appearing in week 2 if he has not appeared in week 1, increased chance does not carry forward into week 3).

I've had a fake statue from one of my villagers but just the once so it's probably a really rare happening.  Other here have had it happen too

I immediately got loads of sharks when June ticked over, then suddenly they completely dried up and all I had was horse mackerel and sea bass. Now I'm back to sharks. It's just RNG I guess?  It's either mostly sharks, or no sharks at all.

26 minutes to bag a cherry salmon and char guys. :hat:

41 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Redd should, on average, appear approximately twice every 5 weeks (he is one of 5 potential visitors that fill 2 spots a week with an increased chance of appearing in week 2 if he has not appeared in week 1, increased chance does not carry forward into week 3).

Which is clearly terrible design. A bit of random is fine but it needs a putty timer. So on the Edd week you’re guaranteed to see the one visitor you’ve not seen in the last weeks. That way worst case you see him once every three weeks whilst if lucky you see him once every two. As it stands bad luck makes it possible to actually never see him.

8 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Which is clearly terrible design. A bit of random is fine but it needs a putty timer. So on the Edd week you’re guaranteed to see the one visitor you’ve not seen in the last weeks. That way worst case you see him once every three weeks whilst if lucky you see him once every two. As it stands bad luck makes it possible to actually never see him.

Yeah, its certainly a puzzling design especially as Redd is going to be the most desired of the visitors for the majority of people

Just now, Mr Do 71 said:

New bugs and fish. :omg:

Ha! I came here to post that too!

42 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

New bugs and fish. :omg:

5 new fish and 21 new bugs! I've just planted some more coconut trees as it looks like they might come in handy.