rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Doing my morning patrol to see what new flowers have sprouted (unsurprisingly no purple windflower :hmm:

Then I go up to my top little area to find...

BBF68D86-40F7-45C7-9943-D979FCD793E4.thumb.jpeg.521d21f9092c17ab146ce6ce87527213.jpeg

...first blue rose :omg:

Is something shit like a 1% chance of those weak hybrids reds producing a blue, so a very nice result there. Especially from just my own watering. 
Now you go get busy cloning yourself little one!

• Upvote 8

Oh good Flick is here, haven't seen him in...oh 48 hours.

You know what Flick isn't? FUCKING REDD.

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 1

20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh good Flick is here, haven't seen him in...oh 48 hours.

You know what Flick isn't? FUCKING REDD.

I wish Flick would visit me, I have a huge backlog of insects ready for him to make into sculptures for me. I have forgotten what Redd looks like. Only 3 or 4 visits ever from him. 

Redd is in town for me.  I've taken one real painting, but he has another real one, as well as two fakes.  Opened my gates for a short while, while I'm working, in case anyone wants to buy.

Spoiler

The remaining real one is the Moody painting.  He's also got a fake Jolly painting and fake Ancient statue.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Redd is in town for me.  I've taken one real painting, but he has another real one, as well as two fakes.  Opened my gates for a short while, while I'm working, in case anyone wants to buy.

Hide contents

The remaining real one is the Moody painting.  He's also got a fake Jolly painting and fake Ancient statue.

Oh my.

I want that statue !

1 hour ago, Kieran said:

I wish Flick would visit me, I have a huge backlog of insects ready for him to make into sculptures for me. I have forgotten what Redd looks like. Only 3 or 4 visits ever from him. 

Didn't you cash in those on Saturday?

Or can you only do one a visit?

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

One per visit

22 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Reveal hidden contents

Awesome, I grabbed the Moody painting and @Mike S grabbed the Ancient Statue.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

You can only request one model per Flick visit and at the bug-off on Saturday he was not offering the "make a collectable" option :(

37 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Reveal hidden contents

Got the stature, watered your flowers...

Thanks for opening!

I have a phone box colour you didn't have in your array too if you want it? A brown one IIRC..

Just now, Mike S said:

Got the stature, watered your flowers...

Thanks for opening!

I have a phone box colour you didn't have in your array too if you want it? A brown one IIRC..

Oh, yes please, that would be great, thanks.  Do you want a red one in return?

What will it take for redd to actually visit me? Not a single visit. 

My son’s island has had him three times over the last month. Very irritating. 

4 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Oh, yes please, that would be great, thanks.  Do you want a red one in return?

No, it's cool. I dont have anywhere suitable for one telephone box let alone more than one!

Will post it to you later...

10 minutes ago, spanx said:

What will it take for redd to actually visit me? Not a single visit. 

My son’s island has had him three times over the last month. Very irritating. 

Sacrifice your first born?

Or turn on his switch before he does each day and when Redd is there visit and buy what you want first.

The first option solves all arguments with your child where the second might cause more. So up to you.

Alas he’s 300 miles away in Cornwall. 

Ive only got two paintings in my museum so far, and one of those I nicked from him before he understood the point of Redd

Bah

The Redd scarcity is extremely annoying.

I think I have two paintings in my museum and 4 or 5 fakes most of which were picked up by visiting other islands.  That, and the fact that on the handful of times I have seen Redd I mostly see repeats of the few artworks I do own means that to fill the museum will likely take me a decade.

Would people be interested in someone who visited their town to distribute legit artwork of dubious origins? Like if I acquire many pieces of rare art through various means, would people appreciate a visit where they can get some legit paintings?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Broker said:

Would people be interested in someone who visited their town to distribute legit artwork of dubious origins? Like if I acquire many pieces of rare art through various means, would people appreciate a visit where they can get some legit paintings?

I wouldn't be against it, not at all. Redd can fuck off...oh wait, he already did. 

It's funny with Redd. Having had 3 visits total now (including the scripted first one) I'm frustrated at it.

My friend just got her third visit today and is contemplating time travelling tomorrow back to today to get more art.

I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied to get my art this way but if she does it I'm not sure I couldn't not go. I mean I could go online to buy some art with NMT but that's gonna be predominantly attained the same way so not a lot of point in that.

Not sure what I'm saying. Guess I'm just torn on it. For now I'm frustrated but think I want to stick with letting it come slowly (I'd just like it to be slightly less slow).

15 minutes ago, Broker said:

Throw in a few fakes as well, to keep it interesting.  You could randomly come once every week or two, maybe on a boat?

11 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

It's funny with Redd. Having had 3 visits total now (including the scripted first one) I'm frustrated at it.

My friend just got her third visit today and is contemplating time travelling tomorrow back to today to get more art.

I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied to get my art this way but if she does it I'm not sure I couldn't not go. I mean I could go online to buy some art with NMT but that's gonna be predominantly attained the same way so not a lot of point in that.

Not sure what I'm saying. Guess I'm just torn on it. For now I'm frustrated but think I want to stick with letting it come slowly (I'd just like it to be slightly less slow).

This is the real issue. I spent ages grinding NMT in legit ways, stacked up tonnes, used it to buy art. But the vast majority of people selling art on Reddit or discord or Facebook for NMT are clearly farming it. And at that point I started wondering why I’m farming NMT to buy art from farmers rather than just farming my own art. 

Maybe I’ll knock up a fox costume just drop the odd thing for people. I definitely don’t want to ruin the pacing for anyone, just trying to relieve the frustration.

• Upvote 1

It’s obviously been structured so that you can’t fill your gallery as quickly as you can your fossils but Redd is a rare visitor and there’s no other way of getting art (I hear villagers can gift you some but never experienced it) means that those who are trying to fill their gallery without exploiting the game will be doing it for the next few years. 

I do think Nintendo have deliberately made animal crossing both amazing and equally the most annoying game ever made. 

I've got 11 items so far in my Gallery and a 12th arriving in the post from Redd tomorrow.  No time travel, buying on Reddit etc but I have been visiting Redd on others island here as much as possible, oh and @Broker did send me a genuine Jolly painting. Thanks! :). I guess that puts me towards the front of the pack in terms of 'natural progression' and feels about right given that I spend absolutely ages playing AC :wub:

Not sure how many times Redd has visited my island as I delete the letters, am guessing 6 times but not 100% sure.  I'd check my post history in this thread but the search function is not good enough to do that easily.

Am sure that we will need to start doing some serious swapping to get complete sets but that relies on having duplicates and would guess that most havent had enough visits to have any dupes yet.

I’ve had one as a gift from someone. The letter said the villager found it when clearing out. 

Ive also had at least 8 visits from Redd. My art wing at the museum is finished and I’ve got probably 30 legit duplicates and more fakes. 

42 minutes ago, Broker said:

Ive also had at least 8 visits from Redd. My art wing at the museum is finished and I’ve got probably 30 legit duplicates and more fakes. 

8... Eight!!! Fucking hell (no offense). See, this is where it breaks down. I'm okay with the game being slow paced. But imbalance is infuriating. I know it's not a race but it's demoralising. It makes me want to play less. Much less.

I've had one fake from a villager.

Got about 5/6 pieces in my museum (2 from my own island from three visits and 3/4 from friends).

I suppose it’s worth mentioning here that I’ve had one meteor shower and seen Celeste twice on my island. 

4 hours ago, Broker said:

Oh yes, a visit from the AntiRedd would be marvellous. My last visit from the real one was four fakes again.

On his last (and possibly 3rd ever) visit I purposely ignored all the legit art because I wanted the fake statue. :lol: Will never complete the Museum  but after the reward I got for completing the Fossils I don't mind and Blathers can go hoot himself.