Jump to content

Animal Crossing: New Horizons


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Talking to Saharah is easier after the update. You don't have to re-start the conversation after each purchase.

Awesome, hope they have streamlined some of the other conversations too

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Talking to Saharah is easier after the update. You don't have to re-start the conversation after each purchase.

Nice....now if they could just add "save and continue" I'd be happy :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I bought a few wetsuits, swam about a bit and added some sea crap to the museum. Seems ok but I can’t imagine wanting to just swim about for hours dredging stuff up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob Rule said:

I do wonder whether 'flippers' will become a thing, to increase swimming speed. 

You can just hold the button rather than tap to swim, agree it would be good to have a run equivalent too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure? I found holding A does a light treading of water that makes you move around slowly, rather than the (faster) breaststroke. I've found a nice, slow rhythm to the A button to get the arms moving correctly, you just press A each time they're fully 'back'. Spamming the A button doesn't hasten the animation or your character. 

 

My guess would be, as holding A only uses the legs, that'd be the flippers 'run' function if it came, yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

Is the 'Display Pictures' option in the Critterpedia a new option with this update (press X), or have I just not noticed it before?

Yeah, X to display pictures has always been there.

 

@StumpyJohnCould I have a Pascal poster, too? :D Edit: and it's waiting in my mail box already, thanks John! :)

 

3 hours ago, Popo said:

I caught one this morning on a tree. It’s a time of day thing:

 

  Hide contents

Active 5-7am and 06:30-07:30pm... lazy shit!

 

Weird, that's a very small window. Will have to remember.

 

P.S. My house storage is full and it's stressing me out...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, X to display pictures has always been there.

 

@StumpyJohnCould I have a Pascal poster, too? :D

sent

 

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

Weird, that's a very small window. Will have to remember.

 

P.S. My house storage is full and it's stressing me out...

start a second character, I now have 3200 storage :P

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I start, I have to warn you that I do not play Animal Crossing but will be using multiple references and phrases that suggest I do :)

 

My wife is losing her mind at the moment because on a daily basis our son opens up her Island and "fucks up my shit", which is starting to put a serious strain on their relationship. He is 3 years old and is not allowed to play it but has on occasion watched my wife play and loves it. Recently he has evolved into a clothes selling, tree chopping, hole digging, butterfly catching, garden ruining cunt. I have decided to step in.

 

Is there any way for my wife to save her game so she can close the Switch down and not have to worry about the carnage that she is going to uncover when she fires it back up? I figured there must some kind of simple status save you could do so if it does happen (and the boy is a clever little prick so it clearly will happen) again that he can mess about and that 'activity' is simply lost when it gets turned off or the save loaded back up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Seems to be a bit of a lunch-hour exercise club forming on my Island...

The animals on my island...

image.png.d4f9a00e54f6898f80d06dcba8cd6af0.png

 

@MardiganXI think you're out of luck because the game regularly autosaves (spinny thing in the corner, plus whenever you do certain interactions). Unless there's a way to copy your save after you/your wife play, then you could copy it back later?

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Number 28 said:

 

@MardiganXI think you're out of luck because the game regularly autosaves (spinny thing in the corner, plus whenever you do certain interactions). Unless there's a way to copy your save after you/your wife play, then you could copy it back later?

 

 

Thanks man, but anything more than 'This is how you can easily save your game darling' is more than I can be arsed to do, plus the wee man seems to take great delight in looking at her face when she finds all his work :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broker said:

Well, I bought a few wetsuits, swam about a bit and added some sea crap to the museum. Seems ok but I can’t imagine wanting to just swim about for hours dredging stuff up. 

 

 

Hang on a minute!

 

There is swimming now?!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Hang on a minute!

There is swimming now?!

Yes, if you have got the 1.3.0 update.  You need to close the game for it to auto download and install.  Also if you try and use the internet (fly on dodo etc) it should tell you that you need to update it first

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yes, if you have got the 1.3.0 update.  You need to close the game for it to auto download and install.  Also if you try and use the internet (fly on dodo etc) it should tell you that you need to update it first

 

I've been out all day so haven't updated.

 

That's something exciting to look forward to when I  fire it up tonight...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Before I start, I have to warn you that I do not play Animal Crossing but will be using multiple references and phrases that suggest I do :)

 

My wife is losing her mind at the moment because on a daily basis our son opens up her Island and "fucks up my shit", which is starting to put a serious strain on their relationship. He is 3 years old and is not allowed to play it but has on occasion watched my wife play and loves it. Recently he has evolved into a clothes selling, tree chopping, hole digging, butterfly catching, garden ruining cunt. I have decided to step in.

 

Is there any way for my wife to save her game so she can close the Switch down and not have to worry about the carnage that she is going to uncover when she fires it back up? I figured there must some kind of simple status save you could do so if it does happen (and the boy is a clever little prick so it clearly will happen) again that he can mess about and that 'activity' is simply lost when it gets turned off or the save loaded back up?

 

The kid needs his own Switch Lite+game. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

The sound design (or whatever you call it) in this is so good. The swimming noises especially, and the slapping of feet as you run barefoot.

 

Or when you're near one of your animals holding an umbrella, and the sound of the rain on the umbrella.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Number 28 said:

The sound design (or whatever you call it) in this is so good. The swimming noises especially, and the slapping of feet as you run barefoot.

Yeah, one of my villagers had a birthday earlier this week and at the party one of them was humming my town tune.  Not noticed that before and its not happening at the birthday party that is on today.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Before I start, I have to warn you that I do not play Animal Crossing but will be using multiple references and phrases that suggest I do :)

 

My wife is losing her mind at the moment because on a daily basis our son opens up her Island and "fucks up my shit", which is starting to put a serious strain on their relationship. He is 3 years old and is not allowed to play it but has on occasion watched my wife play and loves it. Recently he has evolved into a clothes selling, tree chopping, hole digging, butterfly catching, garden ruining cunt. I have decided to step in.

 

Is there any way for my wife to save her game so she can close the Switch down and not have to worry about the carnage that she is going to uncover when she fires it back up? I figured there must some kind of simple status save you could do so if it does happen (and the boy is a clever little prick so it clearly will happen) again that he can mess about and that 'activity' is simply lost when it gets turned off or the save loaded back up?

 

Can you set up parental controls and add the game to the blacklist on the app? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That reminds me that I've not had a new reaction from my villagers for ages now (must be at least a couple of weeks).  I have 34 currently and there are 10 empty spots in the UI

Anyone else noticed anything similar, I wonder if I need villagers of specific types to get the missing ones? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. You need the full range of personality types to get all of them and get all of them to best friends to get the chance at the top one from each.

 

I'm missing just two now I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Both.  I'm typically at high friendship levels so it will be the lack of villager diversity on my island.  Time for a few new villagers with different personalities

 

Looks like its mostly Cranky and Lazy ones that I'm missing.  Think I might go for Camofrog and Filbert

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.