rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Gave away my artisanal bug cage to one of my villagers and got their photo. So, at least i got one positive from today. The bug cage looked like trash. 

I got the Bug Off trophies and they are just large versions of the trophies included in the Trophy Case crafting recipe (24x hardwood, 3x gold nugget, 6x iron nugget) I got a few weeks ago. Nintendo really should have made the recipe require both sets of bug and fishing trophies because it is clearly the best way to display them in your house and currently you don't even need them to craft it.

43 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Total bait thrown - 193

Mahi Mahi caught - 0

The struggle continues!

I’m in the same boat with the Char. 

After I dubbed my wife Quint she has now started calling me Shirley. 

Spoiler

Bass-y

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Total bait thrown - 193

Mahi Mahi caught - 0

The struggle continues!

Oh I caught one of them earlier. He was just hanging next to the pier :ph34r:

One of the benefits of. The. Non. Stop. Fucking. Rain

4 minutes ago, spanx said:

Oh I caught one of them earlier. He was just hanging next to the pier :ph34r:

One of the benefits of. The. Non. Stop. Fucking. Rain

What do you mean a benefit of rain? I'm not aware of fish spawn changes (other than the ones that specifically spawn in the rain)

I just assumed that.... always seem to get decent fish in the rain. Probably just coincidental then 

I was aiming to do one of these every week, but it’s getting hard. shortest one yet despite there being an event!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BabelRich said:

I’m in the same boat with the Char.

You're fishing in a river on the second level, right? Cherry salmon and Char should be fairly common.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the bush without any grub, you can always eat these mouthwatering termites.

IMG_20200628_230145.jpg

• Upvote 8

I think once I sell this week’s nips I’m going to knock down the old farm. It’s served it’s purpose and I’m finding I have limited uses for millions of bells nowadays. I might build a grove of trees covered in money surrounded by gold roses. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Number 28 said:

You're fishing in a river on the second level, right? Cherry salmon and Char should be fairly common.

Yup. Got loads of Cherry Salmon but the Char just ain’t bitin’. 

I wonder if the probability of a spawn differs from island to island, or maybe it's just unfortunate rng. 

How come my Daisy-Mae is still around selling turnips? I thought she disappeared at noon? I guess she vanishes if I log out...

Yeah, it's pretty common to have her hang around a bit, just going into a building will probably "clear" her.

Isabelle said something about my island having shooting stars tonight. When does that usually start? Will try to get on later and open my gates for visitors if anyone is interested in star gazing. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Total bait thrown - 193

Mahi Mahi caught - 0

The struggle continues!

Apparently they are more common of the bottom side of the pier rather than the end of the pier although we ended up catching one on a Nook Isle off the bottom of the dock where the plane stops.

17 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Isabelle said something about my island having shooting stars tonight. When does that usually start? Will try to get on later and open my gates for visitors if anyone is interested in star gazing. 

@Azrael The shooting stars will start at 7pm. If you have a heavy meteor shower, which you do as Isabelle announced it, then you'll get more instances of having 8 stars in any given minute although there will occasionally be only 5.

In a normal meteor shower you may have 5 occurrences in one hour of 5 stars each time. In a heavy meteor shower you'll have 25+ occurrences of stars of normally 8 stars each time. 

If you wanted to do it a meteor storm is the ideal chance to pin down the weather of your island using the meteonook app.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

Can we come and see the stars and do some wishing? We've sent you a friend request.

Char get. Used about 15 bait in the highest river on the island. 

Also nabbed three Peacock butterflies for a statue from Flick next time. Not the most attractive of the butterflies but otherwise it'll be a 9 month wait. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jonnyalpha said:

@Azrael The shooting stars will start at 7pm. If you have a heavy meteor shower, which you do as Isabelle announced it, then you'll get more instances of having 8 stars in any given minute although there will occasionally be only 5.

In a normal meteor shower you may have 5 occurrences in one hour of 5 stars each time. In a heavy meteor shower you'll have 25+ occurrences of stars of normally 8 stars each time. 

If you wanted to do it a meteor storm is the ideal chance to pin down the weather of your island using the meteonook app.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

Can we come and see the stars and do some wishing? We've sent you a friend request.

Request accepted and just about to open gates. Island name is Hellview 

• Upvote 1

Opened up right now for my first thunderstorm!

lightning is pretty cool

4 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Opened up right now for my first thunderstorm!

lightning is pretty cool

Yeah, I had my first thunderstorm about a week ago and it was pretty impressive.  I was rubbish at getting any good screenshots though

24 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yeah, I had my first thunderstorm about a week ago and it was pretty impressive.  I was rubbish at getting any good screenshots though

Capture video. Then you can grab screenshots from that later.

Maybe it’s stopped already? Do they not last long?

still very dark and rainy. I’ll leave it a while anyway.

I have 3 lazy villagers: Zucker, Biskit and Erik and I wanna add a 4th, Lucky.

That’s too many Lazies. Real dilemma. Biskit is the obvious choice for the boot as he’s another dog, but he’s also one of my favourite villager designs. Zucker is part of the furniture. This is tough.

3 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

Apparently they are more common of the bottom side of the pier rather than the end of the pier although we ended up catching one on a Nook Isle off the bottom of the dock where the plane stops.

ahh didn’t think of trying a mystery island’s pier... guess that’s my next hour sorted!

PLZ WATER MY FLOWERS!

I have been alone on my island for many days!  Boo hoo!

• Upvote 1

This is gonna sound like I've made it up but caught 39 clams, made 39 bait, bought 1 nook mile ticket, flew to mystery island, threw bait off the pier next to wilbur and only went and caught a mahi mahi :omg::omg::omg:

How funny is that... gonna try and get a few more now!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Upvote 4

According to? Not trying to be a dick here but is this anecdotal, red somewhere or from the one statement in this thread?

I've caught 2 Mahi Mahi and they've both come from the bottom side of the pier. Neither with bait.