rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I have a question:

Recently I got a 'Starry-sands flooring' summer recipe from a balloon, but it requires a 'Sandy-beach flooring', which I don't own, to craft it.

Where do I get a Sandy-beach flooring? Is it another summer recipe or from Saharah?

I have the recipe. It's not seasonal though.

image.png.d7328172a733a945c15a9233a321ef6d.png

Just lemme check my beaches and I'll knock one up for you if I have everything.

Edit: Sent. :)

Brilliant!, thanks.

Do you have a Starry-sands recipe? I actually have a spare one if you need it.

Yeah yeah, I'm good for the seasonal recipes, thanks. I keep getting repeats too if anyone else is short? I can knock up more sandy-beach flooring too, but I think you only get one giant clam on the beaches per day?

I’ve got loads of shells if anyone needs any, I stopped selling them and started just dumping them in storage a week or two ago.

72 baits later and still no mahi-mahi... on the plus side did manage to get the 50- and 100-fish ina row achievement so not a complete waste of time and effort.

Have opened up island to friends if anyone wants a wander, no one special on the island today. Couple of bits left in Nooks Cranny too.

Violet is currently crafting, middle house on the bottom row.

That reminds me there's still a fish I haven't caught which leaves in a few days. Bloody Char. 

• Upvote 1

I have the Mahi-Mahi and the REnchu Goldfish left to get... if I can muster the enthusiasm I'll ry again tonight

Do all lazy characters talk about chowing down on bugs?

ie. Do all "types" share the same dialogue.

I have Zucker, Bizkit and Erik and their dialogue is interchangeable. It saddens me as I love their designs, but I think it means two of them are getting booted.

1 hour ago, Daley said:

That reminds me there's still a fish I haven't caught which leaves in a few days. Bloody Char. 

Char is pretty rare, need to fish in the river on the cliff, if you are getting Cherry Salmon then you are in the right place and going after the correct size

41 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

I have the Mahi-Mahi and the REnchu Goldfish left to get... if I can muster the enthusiasm I'll ry again tonight

For Mahi-Mahi I have caught all mine in the area directly under the pier (below me and the anchor statue) rather than off the end of it.

EZg8eXNU4AUQhjE.thumb.jpeg.55d4deda021e2f174fecd7349b404a30.jpeg

Ranchu goldfish is daytime only (09:00 - 16:00).  I thought it was all year though

The ones I struggled with were some of the small riverfish; took me ages to get Betta, Nibblefish and Rainbow fish.  I still don't have enough of the Nibblefish and Rainbow fish for CJ Models

Wait, so your location on the pier dictates what you catch?

That might explain why i ended up with 30 flippin' Horse Mackeral :lol:

Will get on it once the boy is off and test this out, thanks!

49 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Will get on it once the boy is off and test this out, thanks!

There are a few fish that are specifically pier located such as the mahi mahi, tuna, giant trevalley etc.  I've had more luck catching them below the pier than off the end of the pier

19 minutes ago, weightgain said:

KK slider is at my place today. Always thought he was Saturday only? 

Bug Off tomorrow innit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Do we know if the Bug Off is going to be as terrible as the fishing competition?

Dunno but some of the prizes were nice exclusive items that I still have on display now, so hoping for more of the same in that sense. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of Bug Off info here including the list of rewards, so beware spoilers if that's your thing. 

Link

Needless to say there's a wand. 

36 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Do we know if the Bug Off is going to be as terrible as the fishing competition?

Only 3 minutes again. :facepalm:

It should be a bit more fun and easier, as you only need your net.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Bug Off tomorrow innit.

Of course.... thanks for the reply :)

Summerisle's gates are open for a bit but I'll be afk. Not much exciting going on but there's some free recipes round the fountain. As always, visitors with watering cans are extra welcome :)

3 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

No. I’ve never fished off anything other than the end and caught all pier fish.

One thing that can help: fish whilst you have friends over or on other people’s islands. I believe more players spawns rarer fish.

Don't let me hear you say life's taking you nowhere...

Angel

image.png.0b925218f26152f7ddde71452524e5b2.png

Best item in the game?

1 hour ago, Exidor said:

Summerisle's gates are open for a bit but I'll be afk. Not much exciting going on but there's some free recipes round the fountain. As always, visitors with watering cans are extra welcome :)

Watered for you.

I got VERY excited as you had a spare Golden Lucky Cat recipie... been after waving kitty for ages. Then I realised I needed a Lucky Cat recipie as a prerequisite for it :doh:

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

One thing that can help: fish whilst you have friends over or on other people’s islands. I believe more players spawns rarer fish.

Oooh, didn't know this!

59 minutes ago, senor_herer said:

I got VERY excited as you had a spare Golden Lucky Cat recipie... been after waving kitty for ages. Then I realised I needed a Lucky Cat recipie as a prerequisite for it :doh:

I've got some bad news for you then - the regular lucky cat is a Gulliver gift that you get at random for digging up his crap.

2 hours ago, Exidor said:

I've got some bad news for you then - the regular lucky cat is a Gulliver gift that you get at random for digging up his crap.

Oh shit ... I've been screwing Gulliver for rusty parts so no wonder I've not come across waving kitty. Damn.

I guess I'd better start giving him his communicator parts then :lol:

Bug off has started! (9am to 6pm)

Very similar to the fishing tourney.

So far I've been getting a gift (randomly from a pool I imagine) every 10 points.

I'm sure the number of bugs in the open is reduced during the 3 mins. The most I've managed so far is 8.

I've had a friend over from the Americas and you get a team bonus, but most importantly- it's free!, unlike by yourself when each round costs 500b (We played 4 rounds - Flick didn't ask for cash and there was no cash depletion sound)

In the fishing tourney, did you have to save hundreds of points for a big prize? Were the points you redeemed accounted for?

Happy hunting!

• Upvote 1

Oh god....why have they made it like the fishing? I can't be arsed in that case.