rllmuk

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

12 hours ago, Loz Boz said:

PLZ WATER MY FLOWERS!

I have been alone on my island for many days!  Boo hoo!

Sorry, didn't see this last night.  Can come over for watering tonight

11 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

According to? Not trying to be a dick here but is this anecdotal, red somewhere or from the one statement in this thread?

It's only anecdotal as far as I'm aware.  I've mentioned it a few times, not least as its obvious that fishing off the end of the Pier counts as 'pier' but its perhaps not as obvious that the area underneath also counts

12 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

According to? Not trying to be a dick here but is this anecdotal, red somewhere or from the one statement in this thread?

We read it somewhere, maybe it is anecdotal but fishing lore is also full of myth in real life. :)

We also read that you are more likely to get better fish when visitors are over or when fishing on a friends island. Not sure if this is true but every time my daughter visits the island she hauls out massive rare fish like they're going out of fashion.

33 minutes ago, jonnyalpha said:

We also read that you are more likely to get better fish when visitors are over or when fishing on a friends island. Not sure if this is true but every time my daughter visits the island she hauls out massive rare fish like they're going out of fashion.

This one I've read and use frequently. When searching for last of the pier fish this month my friend sat on my dock AFK for the 30 minutes it took me to get it via some bait (including me frequently running off to dig up more clams for bait).

• Upvote 1

Redd is here.

We think we have:

Fake Moving painting.

Fake ancient statue

Real Basic painting

If you want something come and have a look. We'll open the gates but may be afk.  Would also be grateful for any watering behind the museum if you do come!

34 minutes ago, jonnyalpha said:

Redd is here.

We think we have:

Fake Moving painting.

Fake ancient statue

Real Basic painting

If you want something come and have a look. We'll open the gates but may be afk.  Would also be grateful for any watering behind the museum if you do come!

I got the ancient statue ;) cheers.

1 hour ago, jonnyalpha said:

Redd is here.

We think we have:

Fake Moving painting.

Fake ancient statue

Real Basic painting

I grabbed the Basic painting.  The Moving painting is still there for someone else to buy

Edit, have opened up incase anyone wants to visit/ shop.  Kicks is in town today

Redd also here today. I've bought his only legit piece I believe, the fruit/veg headed man, but if anyone wants a fake Serene, Wistful, or Famous painting then you're welcome to visit.

Antique bureau and blue throwback mitt chair available in Nook's.

All I ask is while visiting you please go water my big grid patch of red windflowers up in the north west back far corner behind Cookie's house (and any other smaller bunches of them round the land you come across). My green Mum's are breeding/cloning for fun, but it seems them Windflower really don't like giving me purples off just my own watering :(

1 hour ago, jonnyalpha said:

I popped over to visit Redd but was too late as he is all sold out.

I watered all but 3/4 of the tulips before running out of watering cans...

• Upvote 1

Open.

Fake Jolly at Redds.

Celeste is here wandering around the shops to the west, but no heavy star showers.

Check the place out.

56 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Open.

Fake Jolly at Redds.

Celeste is here wandering around the shops to the west, but no heavy star showers.

Check the place out.

Thanks, got lunar surface from Celeste :)

• Upvote 1

Probably a silly nooby question but just started playing this and wondering if I'm missing something.... Now earning nook miles+ and can see the 5 x2 multipliers at the top of the screen but can't seem to click on them to claim them? Should I be able to? I can scroll through all the different objectives and click on them below them and get those nook miles. 

Thank you!

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hemzoozlefluff* said:

Probably a silly nooby question but just started playing this and wondering if I'm missing something.... Now earning nook miles+ and can see the 5 x2 multipliers at the top of the screen but can't seem to click on them to claim them? Should I be able to? I can scroll through all the different objectives and click on them below them and get those nook miles. 

Thank you!

Pres the + button to get to them :) 

I like Deirdre lots, but she’s really not the smartest it seems. I gave her an apple TV a couple weeks back which she loved and put in her house. With the screen facing up against a wall.
Now I’ve gifted her a tiny library and she’s done the same damn thing to it. Also the cute stereo is suffered the same fate :doh:

398E97E2-7ECB-40B6-86F0-D56999CBB85D.thumb.jpeg.d84258261031c9a3c9e15905d378d843.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Pietro arrived today and will be moving in tomorrow, looking forward to his madness.

Pietro is absolutely bonkers, even more so when he is DIY crafting!

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Loz Boz said:

PLZ WATER MY FLOWERS!

I have been alone on my island for many days!  Boo hoo!

We've just been to water.

We've just opened our gates again. Had some good waterers around earlier but if anyone can spare the time we have some flower fields behind the museum that are not producing the colours we need without regular visitors. Please water them, thank you.

12 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

If anyone has Redd over and he has the fake or real Rock Head Statue, and if you don't need it. Then I would be interested, as I've got an idea in my head to use it on my island.

I think I might have a spare fake rock head. I’ll check later and if not I can try to find you one? It’s usually about 40-60NMT, I’ll see how many I’ve got left. 

• Upvote 1

Doing my morning patrol to see what new flowers have sprouted (unsurprisingly no purple windflower :hmm:

Then I go up to my top little area to find...

BBF68D86-40F7-45C7-9943-D979FCD793E4.thumb.jpeg.521d21f9092c17ab146ce6ce87527213.jpeg

...first blue rose :omg:

Is something shit like a 1% chance of those weak hybrids reds producing a blue, so a very nice result there. Especially from just my own watering. 
Now you go get busy cloning yourself little one!

• Upvote 8
20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh good Flick is here, haven't seen him in...oh 48 hours.

You know what Flick isn't? FUCKING REDD.

I wish Flick would visit me, I have a huge backlog of insects ready for him to make into sculptures for me. I have forgotten what Redd looks like. Only 3 or 4 visits ever from him. 

Redd is in town for me.  I've taken one real painting, but he has another real one, as well as two fakes.  Opened my gates for a short while, while I'm working, in case anyone wants to buy.

Spoiler

The remaining real one is the Moody painting.  He's also got a fake Jolly painting and fake Ancient statue.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Redd is in town for me.  I've taken one real painting, but he has another real one, as well as two fakes.  Opened my gates for a short while, while I'm working, in case anyone wants to buy.

Hide contents

The remaining real one is the Moody painting.  He's also got a fake Jolly painting and fake Ancient statue.

Oh my.

I want that statue !

1 hour ago, Kieran said:

I wish Flick would visit me, I have a huge backlog of insects ready for him to make into sculptures for me. I have forgotten what Redd looks like. Only 3 or 4 visits ever from him. 

Didn't you cash in those on Saturday?

Or can you only do one a visit?