IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

I think once I sell this week’s nips I’m going to knock down the old farm. It’s served it’s purpose and I’m finding I have limited uses for millions of bells nowadays. I might build a grove of trees covered in money surrounded by gold roses. 

I wonder if the probability of a spawn differs from island to island, or maybe it's just unfortunate rng. 

How come my Daisy-Mae is still around selling turnips? I thought she disappeared at noon? I guess she vanishes if I log out...

6 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Total bait thrown - 193

Mahi Mahi caught - 0

The struggle continues!

Apparently they are more common of the bottom side of the pier rather than the end of the pier although we ended up catching one on a Nook Isle off the bottom of the dock where the plane stops.

17 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Isabelle said something about my island having shooting stars tonight. When does that usually start? Will try to get on later and open my gates for visitors if anyone is interested in star gazing. 

@Azrael The shooting stars will start at 7pm. If you have a heavy meteor shower, which you do as Isabelle announced it, then you'll get more instances of having 8 stars in any given minute although there will occasionally be only 5.

In a normal meteor shower you may have 5 occurrences in one hour of 5 stars each time. In a heavy meteor shower you'll have 25+ occurrences of stars of normally 8 stars each time. 

If you wanted to do it a meteor storm is the ideal chance to pin down the weather of your island using the meteonook app.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

Can we come and see the stars and do some wishing? We've sent you a friend request.

1 hour ago, jonnyalpha said:

@Azrael The shooting stars will start at 7pm. If you have a heavy meteor shower, which you do as Isabelle announced it, then you'll get more instances of having 8 stars in any given minute although there will occasionally be only 5.

In a normal meteor shower you may have 5 occurrences in one hour of 5 stars each time. In a heavy meteor shower you'll have 25+ occurrences of stars of normally 8 stars each time. 

If you wanted to do it a meteor storm is the ideal chance to pin down the weather of your island using the meteonook app.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

Can we come and see the stars and do some wishing? We've sent you a friend request.

Request accepted and just about to open gates. Island name is Hellview 

24 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Yeah, I had my first thunderstorm about a week ago and it was pretty impressive.  I was rubbish at getting any good screenshots though

Capture video. Then you can grab screenshots from that later.

3 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

Apparently they are more common of the bottom side of the pier rather than the end of the pier although we ended up catching one on a Nook Isle off the bottom of the dock where the plane stops.

ahh didn’t think of trying a mystery island’s pier... guess that’s my next hour sorted!

This is gonna sound like I've made it up but caught 39 clams, made 39 bait, bought 1 nook mile ticket, flew to mystery island, threw bait off the pier next to wilbur and only went and caught a mahi mahi :omg::omg::omg:

How funny is that... gonna try and get a few more now!

1.jpg

2.jpg

According to? Not trying to be a dick here but is this anecdotal, red somewhere or from the one statement in this thread?

I meant the non-airport piers. I’ve only ever caught all my big fish off the end (or at least the vast majority). Although they’re mostly from bait but then I’ve never spent more than maybe 40-50 bait to get something (and then only once near that high).

On nook islands all pier fish have been off the bottom of the sea plane dock.

Is anyone interested in a fake painting?

Redd finally came after a month and they're ALL fake! Not only that- 3 out of the 4 are repeats.
Amazing, Solemn and Jolly paintings are available.

Let me know and I'll open up.

1 hour ago, Tetmon said:

Is anyone interested in a fake painting?

Redd finally came after a month and they're ALL fake! Not only that- 3 out of the 4 are repeats.
Amazing, Solemn and Jolly paintings are available.

Let me know and I'll open up.

I'd normally be zooming over but have all 3 of those fakes already.  There seem to be 2 'rules of Redd' for when he visits my island:

1. No statues

2. Jolly painting