Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

This happened to me as well. It got solved by having visitors to my island and let them enter the house. After they'd entered and exited I could once again enter the house. 

Ah, so a known bug then.  How odd.

I've opened my gates for a bit.  If anyone does pop over I'd be grateful if you could go in Kitt's house, see if that fixes it for me.

3 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

I don't know if I've found a bug, or an obscure feature.

I can't interact with the house door of one of my islanders.  Usually you either enter the house when you click on the door, or you get a pop up saying they are out exploring the island. Yesterday nothing happened when I went to the door of Kitt (the Kangeroo).  No pop up, no animation, nothing.  I tried saving and quitting and reloading the game, but not change.  Came back today and it's still the same.  I can talk to her if she's out and about on the island, but can't go in her house if she's home.  Nothing particularly has changed on my island, my last new islander was over a week ago, and I've not changed the layout or anything.

Yeah this has happened to me as well. Though it did fix itself when I closed the game down completely and then restarted it. Quitting and reloading didn't help in my case, it had to be a full shutdown.

So this may have been answered (apologies if so) - there’s a Bug Off next Saturday and my friend was going to visit my island so we can get bonus points (presuming it works like the fishing tourney).

If they do the Bug Off on my island, will they get their own trophies?

Ooh, just realised I never got a letter from HHA today either. I got the gold trophy thing last week so does that mean no more letters? 

Kyle left today, been to 8 Nook Islands already to look for a replacement but nothing good (want a penguin). Might just leave it up to random luck again... and probably get another dud 

49 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

The door thing happened to me a while ago, too. I've not had a letter from the HHA this morning, which I think has happened to others before...sucks!

11 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Ooh, just realised I never got a letter from HHA today either. I got the gold trophy thing last week so does that mean no more letters? 

Don’t panic. I didn’t get a visit last week, but finally got the gold trophy today.

Yeah I got the gold house trophy thing two weeks ago then nothing last week but they were back on today with letter, including a tip for matching colours for better score. No gift though. 

Got plenty of green Mum’s now and my first few purple Pansies came this week so I should get a bunch more of them cloned and grown over the next couple of weeks. Also I did decided to try the more complex but higher probability route for a blue rose and just got a few of the special purples now and currently test breeding them with some seed yellows, hopefully they do the right thing. 
Is the purple windflower supposed to be such a bastard to grow? I followed the recipe correct from what I think is one of the top guides. Two white seeds paired for a hybrid blue, that hybrid blue paired with a seed red for a special hybrid red, two of them special hybrid reds supposedly for a 6% chance of purple. 
I know I’m not guaranteed success instantly, but I think I’ve got about 17/18 pairs of those special hybrid reds about the place and none have given me a purple yet :hmm:

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Kyle left today, been to 8 Nook Islands already to look for a replacement but nothing good (want a penguin). Might just leave it up to random luck again... and probably get another dud 

When Queenie left my island Chevre moved in from @MrPogo Catland the next day so in my experience you have to be quick if you want to choose your own replacement.

Pashmina finally gave me her photo today which means next time she asks to leave I won’t stop her. My house still has a B ranking and I’m slowly adding furniture to get the A rank reward before going for the top rank. Compared to New Horizons the furniture has so little variety I’m finding t hard to care about collecting the few sets currently available.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

When Queenie left my island Chevre moved in from @MrPogo Catland the next day so in my experience you have to be quick if you want to choose your own replacement.

Settled for Chief from my 10th island. A wolf to replace a wolf. 

I should clarify that there was a one day gap between Queenie leaving and a sold sign going onto the empty plot for Chevre to move in. I was going to do what you have done but didn't have enough Nook tickets to hand and thought I'd do it the next day by which point it was too late and my island now has two goats. Baarbara who I haven't talked to in weeks still refuses to leave however. 

Thanks for the stars @senor_herer.

You have very kindly given me too many as I only needed one large! They are quite scarce though so great to have a couple spare in reserve for when I finally obtain  the moon...

There was a radio programme about this on Radio4 yesterday, afterwards  my girlfriend  announced that she would like to play it even going as far as looking up the price. As a result, I bought it, downloaded it, created a profile for her on the console and surprised her with it last night.  She likes it, and I thought I'd  have a go just now.

I can't believe Nintendo are trying to force sales of extra consoles by limiting each console to one island. I'm  sure this is old news and as such everyone's  over it, but honestly, what a shitty move.  

...or have I missed something? 

30 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Thanks for the stars @senor_herer.

You have very kindly given me too many as I only needed one large! They are quite scarce though so great to have a couple spare in reserve for when I finally obtain  the moon...

I can make you a moon if you want one?

In fact I think I already have two in storage at the moment.

1 minute ago, senor_herer said:

I can make you a moon if you want one?

In fact I think I already have two in storage at the moment.

I'm not allowed one unless I obtain it directly from Celeste. 

48 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

There was a radio programme about this on Radio4 yesterday, afterwards  my girlfriend  announced that she would like to play it even going as far as looking up the price. As a result, I bought it, downloaded it, created a profile for her on the console and surprised her with it last night.  She likes it, and I thought I'd  have a go just now.

I can't believe Nintendo are trying to force sales of extra consoles by limiting each console to one island. I'm  sure this is old news and as such everyone's  over it, but honestly, what a shitty move.  

Nah it’s the exact shit you think it is. One island per console, other people on the same switch get to be second class citizens, and as a bonus you can’t back it up or transfer it to another switch. In order to allow me and my two kids to play together properly I’ve ended up with a third switch and bought the game three times.

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

You haven't missed something but it's quite nice playing on the same island together. It's kind of in keeping with the point of the game. You can leave gifts and notes and surprises for each other.

It is shit that you aren't given the choice though. But anecdotally people annoyed by this have indeed bought extra consoles and copies of the game. Probably more people than have refused to buy it at all in protest. So I guess they're vindicated.

33 minutes ago, MalevolentPanda said:

You haven't missed something but it's quite nice playing on the same island together. It's kind of in keeping with the point of the game. You can leave gifts and notes and surprises for each other.

It is shit that you aren't given the choice though. But anecdotally people annoyed by this have indeed bought extra consoles and copies of the game. Probably more people than have refused to buy it at all in protest. So I guess they're vindicated.

I dunno, I’ve got a pathological problem with buying Nintendo shit, especially for my kids. 

3 hours ago, Meatball said:

Got plenty of green Mum’s now and my first few purple Pansies came this week so I should get a bunch more of them cloned and grown over the next couple of weeks. Also I did decided to try the more complex but higher probability route for a blue rose and just got a few of the special purples now and currently test breeding them with some seed yellows, hopefully they do the right thing. 
Is the purple windflower supposed to be such a bastard to grow? I followed the recipe correct from what I think is one of the top guides. Two white seeds paired for a hybrid blue, that hybrid blue paired with a seed red for a special hybrid red, two of them special hybrid reds supposedly for a 6% chance of purple. 
I know I’m not guaranteed success instantly, but I think I’ve got about 17/18 pairs of those special hybrid reds about the place and none have given me a purple yet :hmm:

With that number of pairs and assuming you are getting friends to water then you shouldn't really be waiting too long, how many days has it been?

Are you getting the other expected offspring from the special hybrid reds?

How did you grow the hybrid reds? You need to have done so in a way that doesn't create self clones otherwise your crop will be poisoned with regular reds.

Did you use one of the patterns in the "Different parents, desired offspring same colour as parent" section?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1anxm3WwEKyh0_-l_lZIAUETaa_q432Px3griacQ3NcU/preview#

If you did then it should just be a case of waiting a few more days :)

I lost an eagle (Amelia) and gained a horse (Reneigh). I have a rhino who is called Renee so, yeah. Variety.

I'm playing this a lot less these days. I almost didn't log in yesterday and I didn't bother shaking the trees (not a euphemism). Can't complain about getting my money's worth out of it, it's been a delight. There's just nothing for me to do anymore. Even gave up on the wedding event because it doesn't appeal to me. There's the bug off next weekend, mind.

20 hours ago, Broker said:

For anyone trying to get their villager’s photos, I don’t know if it’s coincidence but I’m having a lot of luck giving the villagers I know are at the right level and could give me the photos very expensive presents. I gave Queenie a 130k whirlpool bath today and she immediately gave me her photo. I know the gift being above a certain value allows there to be a chance of the gift, but I’m not sure if a higher value present increases the chance of the photo but that is the second time I’ve gotten a photo in return for a 100k+ present. 

I've been getting photos by gifting 10k antique chairs, you don't need to go overboard!