IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

1 hour ago, jonnyalpha said:

If anyone is available to come and water, our gates are now open. Have a look around while you're here. Buy stuff from the shop if you feel like it.

I WILL DO IT.

I have watered for two other people and had excellent reviews.

This is odd, I was watering for Boz but noticed a strangely elliptical looking moon. It reminded me of "pan and scan" movies back in the day on VHS, and in particular a 4:3 VHS of Dirty Harry I had that was so bad Clint looked about 8ft tall. Very odd.

Is it squashed horizontally or is it my old man eyes deceiving me?

EaqieyAU0AACn4p.jpg

I watered two folk last night and was excellent at both jobs.

Went home and, before retiring for the evening, had a quick walk round to pick up the fossils.

I FOUND MY LAST FOSSIL!!!

It has taken me a good six weeks, probably more, to find the last two fossils I needed but now it is all done and, frankly, a relief. All were found on my own fair isle too! That said, I did take two fossils of mine to swap on someone else's island in the early weeks but ended up swapping for ones I already had. Annoying at the time but it would have damaged my self sufficiency ambitions so all's good in the end...

1 minute ago, senor_herer said:

Nice one, Mike.

I'm still one or two fossils short of a complete set but am happy to let nature take its course ... plus it incentivises me to get the Nook achievement for fossils assessed :D

It was two Stego parts that kept me waiting and waiting.

It's one daily chore that I don't need to do anymore but probably will anyway as I like digging stuff up.

I'm sensitive to such things ... a proud, but thankfully mostly retired, aspect ratio Nazi :lol:

Ha!

Yeah, I am also no fan of squashed, stretched, or P&S films or TV. The monstrous treatment of The Simpsons on DIsney rendered them literally  unwatchable for me (they have been fixed now though, thankfully)...

4 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Ha!

Yeah, I am also no fan of squashed, stretched, or P&S films or TV. The monstrous treatment of The Simpsons on DIsney rendered them literally  unwatchable for me (they have been fixed now though, thankfully)...

Yes, thank Pazuzu that such things are mostly in the past ... the amount of time I used to spend faffing about with the aspect ratio trying to watch old kung fu movie rips back in the day used to drive anyone else in the room mad :D

Yes, thank Pazuzu that such things are mostly in the past ... the amount of time I used to spend faffing about with aspect ratio trying to watch old king fu movie rips back in the day used to drive anyone else in the room mad :D

Ha. Yeah.

I lost count of the times I patiently explained what was wrong with the image whenever confronted by a really, really bad example. It was infuriating as no-one else seemed to care despite everything looking like it was being crushed!

7 minutes ago, Mike S said:

It's one daily chore that I don't need to do anymore but probably will anyway as I like digging stuff up.

I still dig mine up to give as gifts to my villagers. Free and easy

2 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I still dig mine up to give as gifts to my villagers. Free and easy

I WILL DO THIS.

But not to Moose or Flo as I want them to leave and to take their empty, boring, houses with them.

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

Ha. Yeah.

I lost count of the times I patiently explained what was wrong with the image whenever confronted by a really, really bad example. It was infuriating as no-one else seemed to care despite everything looking like it was being crushed!

"Look, that's not a circle, it's like a rugby ball ... I can't watch it like this!"

Cue groans from around the room :lol:

4 hours ago, Mike S said:

I guess they have implemented it like they did in New Leaf, where more and more holes appear every day if you don't dig them up, until the holes start taking up the spots where trees once stood :angry: Really bloody annoying and I'll be less than pleased if this is the same. It should just make a finite amount appear once it realises you don't want to dig.

5 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

It's clear that Nintendo have simulated the theory of relativity and the Moon is simply bending light (highly exaggerated because the game is a cartoon, of course).

Ahh, so they've accurately modelled gravitational effects on light waves passing a heavenly body, thus creating the illusion of dodgy pan and scan -_-

Nintendo fairies weaving their coding magic, nice :wub:

My island is excellent at generating flower colours of it's own accord.

So far, it has made at least five black roses, at least one pink rose and one pink lily, which was great but over the last few days I see that it has also spontaneously generated a couple of black tulips and four black lilies. As I only really want black flowers I am very satisfied with Pazuzu's performance. 

NO WORK INVOLVED EITHER.

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

My island is excellent at generating flower colours of it's own accord.

So far, it has made at least five black roses, at least one pink rose and one pink lily, which was great but over the last few days I see that it has also spontaneously generated a couple of black tulips and four black lilies. As I only really want black flowers I am very satisfied with Pazuzu's performance. 

NO WORK INVOLVED EITHER.

Is it really a surprise that your island seems capable of self-generating black flowers? :lol:

5 minutes ago, senor_herer said:

Is it really a surprise that your island seems capable of self-generating black flowers? :lol:

To be fair, I do bin colourful flowers as part of a ritual cleansing process. There may be an element of invocation involved too...

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

To be fair, I do bin colourful flowers as part of a ritual cleansing process. There may be an element of invocation involved too...

If you want black flowers then you need to keep the ones that breed them so red roses, orange cosmos etc

11 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

If you want black flowers then you need to keep the ones that breed them so red roses, orange cosmos etc

That is not how things work on Pazuzu.

We follow our fates and accept the rewards that are forthcoming, just as we accept any punishment that may be meted out (the damned pink flowers). If we are being blessed with blackened flowers then we must be satisfying the gods with our choices.

I thought I was being clever the other day.  I'd been going to Harv's island to do the wedding photos every day, to collect all the items (and maybe some duplicates, like that ace organ), and I would just drop down all of the wedding furniture each time, but it was a bit of a pain customising each piece to get it the right colour.  As she just wanted natural colours, instead I just went through my catalogue and dropped any piece of furniture I had that was brown or green.  I was thinking, haha, stupid code won't be able to tell that I've hardly tried, and will give me loads of hearts for just making an ugly mess.

I showed Reese the photo and she ticked me off and told me to pick wedding appropriate furniture next time.  I only got 8 hearts instead of 15 :(   Lesson learned.