IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

2 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

I've asked this before but can't remember your answer - for the recipe items do you only want the recipe or is the crafted item what you need. As before there's a few items on the list I can help with. 

If it says Recipe next to it I'm after the recipe, but there's some craftable items on there that don't say recipe next to them which I'm just after one of already crafted :) 

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

sent you the black double sofa and black imperial chest.  will post you a couple more in the morning

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I was going to post you the pirate ship, but you're not on my list because we've not visited. You can pop over if you like. Not a lot to see as a massive revamp is underway.

I'm also doing a huge remodel :lol: 

Are you open now?

Does anyone else have a 50” wall mounted TV which switches off on its own every time you leave the house?

Mine does, my small wall mounted one and big standing one stay on fine but the big wall mounted one switches off - I have a table with stuff on underneath so if I want it back on I have to move all the stuff underneath out of the way each time

Annoying bug or another usual obscure Animal Crossing intentional thing?

26 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Does anyone else have a 50” wall mounted TV which switches off on its own every time you leave the house?

Mine does, my small wall mounted one and big standing one stay on fine but the big wall mounted one switches off - I have a table with stuff on underneath so if I want it back on I have to move all the stuff underneath out of the way each time

Annoying bug or another usual obscure Animal Crossing intentional thing?

I have the wall mounted 50 in my upstairs man cave.  Have just checked and if I leave the house and re-enter it stays on

Edit, just switched on my kitchen wall mounted 20 too.  Both stay on when I leave and re-enter.  Perhaps it's related to having 3? I don't have a third one to try it with

Is anyone around to come and visit and do just a little watering? Fay's been planting some flower fields to start chasing flower colours as we've got all the fossils, bugs and fish.

SW code 6203 7892 4029

We're going to open the gates for a bit so come over if you are free and have a look. Flower fields are behind the museum. There are spare recipes just by the airport.

Our island is Fidra

3 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Damn; just how many lines of dialogue did Nintendo cram into this game?

I just had one of my villagers explain pointillism of all things to me when she was looking at "Un dimanche après-midi à l'île de la Grande Jatte" at my museum.

How strange. One of my biggest gripes so far, is that my islanders have been repeating themselves an awful lot. And some of them even say the same things as each other on certain days. It hasn't had nearly the range of things (for me personally) that New Leaf had.

So Audie decided to come camping at my island this morning. We played a game and I won so she’s moving here which means Kid Cat is up for grabs.

PM me or tag me if you want Kid Cat and I’ll open up!

Hi experienced Animal Crossers, I am looking some advice please.

I have picked this up for my sons birthday in a couple of weeks, he is going to be 9 and has seen this advertised and thinks he will enjoy it. I’m a basically total beginner at AC I have some questions and am after some starter tips, this thread is possibly the most friendly on the entire forum so seems a good place to start.

I say total beginner but I did import a Canadian copy of AC back in the Gamecube days but I once I had it I didn’t actually enjoy playing it that much and so haven’t looked at AC since. I remember getting a house and sending some letters but the game didn’t grab me at all.

My main question is about getting online with it. My switch isn’t online at all at the moment so obviously I would need a sub, my initial though was that I get the years sub but then I had a look at how AC works online and wondering if I should get a family sub. Am I right in saying that if I buy a years sub and set that to my user on the Switch it would mean that he couldn’t use his account to go online with AC and that my daughter and I wouldn’t be able to visit his island on our accounts on the Switch.

I tend not to game online as it is but what if I got the year sub and set it up on his user account meaning he could go online with it? Could I or my daughter then visit despite his account being the online one? Would I be better just getting a family online thing and save myself the confusion?

Next question is about the island itself. I’ve read about how you can only have 1 island per switch so am I right in thinking I need to start the game on his user name so that the island is “his” and he is the main owner so to speak and then other users can visit?

Is it easy enough for other folk online to visit his island once its all up and running? I don’t have anyone of the Switch friends list thing. If I added folk on my account are they also available to his?

Sorry for the questions, that whole side is very confusing.

Any starter tips or guides I could take a look at for when he makes a start?

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, memories said:

Hi experienced Animal Crossers, I am looking some advice please.

I have picked this up for my sons birthday in a couple of weeks, he is going to be 9 and has seen this advertised and thinks he will enjoy it. I’m a basically total beginner at AC I have some questions and am after some starter tips, this thread is possibly the most friendly on the entire forum so seems a good place to start.

I say total beginner but I did import a Canadian copy of AC back in the Gamecube days but I once I had it I didn’t actually enjoy playing it that much and so haven’t looked at AC since. I remember getting a house and sending some letters but the game didn’t grab me at all.

My main question is about getting online with it. My switch isn’t online at all at the moment so obviously I would need a sub, my initial though was that I get the years sub but then I had a look at how AC works online and wondering if I should get a family sub. Am I right in saying that if I buy a years sub and set that to my user on the Switch it would mean that he couldn’t use his account to go online with AC and that my daughter and I wouldn’t be able to visit his island on our accounts on the Switch.

I tend not to game online as it is but what if I got the year sub and set it up on his user account meaning he could go online with it? Could I or my daughter then visit despite his account being the online one? Would I be better just getting a family online thing and save myself the confusion?

Next question is about the island itself. I’ve read about how you can only have 1 island per switch so am I right in thinking I need to start the game on his user name so that the island is “his” and he is the main owner so to speak and then other users can visit?

Is it easy enough for other folk online to visit his island once its all up and running? I don’t have anyone of the Switch friends list thing. If I added folk on my account are they also available to his?

Sorry for the questions, that whole side is very confusing.

Any starter tips or guides I could take a look at for when he makes a start?

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First question: Yeah, getting online is one sub per Switch user so if you sub to your user only it will be just you who will be able to get online visitors or visit other islands so a family sub would be the way to go. 

Second question: It is, sadly, only one island per console which means the user who first starts the game will be the islands owner. Any other user can set up camp and build a house on said island but there will be limitations to what the others will be able to do as only the main owner can make the major decisions that progress the development of the island towards a thriving society. 

Third question: The online bit is not easy, I'd say. You'll either need to have Switch friends that are bound to you Nintendo Online account. Any of these friends, who also play Animal Crossing will be able to join you as a friend (but only when you manually open the airport gates within the game, these are always closed by default). If you don't have any Switch friends attached to your account, you can open up for visitors in-game and generate a code that you can share with anyone you want to invite. The code will only be valid for the current session which means as soon as you either close the gates or turn off the game, the code can not be used again. 

Feel free to ask any questions you want, this is a discussion board after all and we're all here to help :) 

CJ came to town today, for the first time since the start of June (and Shark Madness). Emptied out my wardrobe full of cached high-value fish and sold it to him - 285,000 bells. That's a bridge, and incline, and a little against the mortgage!

I resisted the temptation to get an Aparima figure made, and went for a Red Snapper instead. My wife had an oarfish made last time he came to call, and it's a bit underwhelming - not sure the big fish translate well to collectable form.

15 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

CJ came to town today, for the first time since the start of June (and Shark Madness). Emptied out my wardrobe full of cached high-value fish and sold it to him - 285,000 bells. That's a bridge, and incline, and a little against the mortgage!

I resisted the temptation to get an Aparima figure made, and went for a Red Snapper instead. My wife had an oarfish made last time he came to call, and it's a bit underwhelming - not sure the big fish translate well to collectable form.

I had CJ the other day and went laps along the beach and only targeted sharks. I didn’t use a single piece of bait but managed to earn just shy of 1.2 million in about three hours. There were a handful of 10k bells ballons and some valuable butterflies in that total, but still I thought that was a bit mental.

That's a new one. The villager that is crafting today has their workbench at the back of their house and has basically set up their furniture to stop me getting to them. They have placed a sand pit in the middle of the floor which I can't get around. Anyone ever had this?

34 minutes ago, Daley said:

That's a new one. The villager that is crafting today has their workbench at the back of their house and has basically set up their furniture to stop me getting to them. They have placed a sand pit in the middle of the floor which I can't get around. Anyone ever had this?

Never had that on any island.

9 hours ago, SteveH said:

How strange. One of my biggest gripes so far, is that my islanders have been repeating themselves an awful lot. And some of them even say the same things as each other on certain days. It hasn't had nearly the range of things (for me personally) that New Leaf had.

Yeah, you're not wrong.

But going from the comments they make in the museum (particularly in the paleontological and art sections), it seems maybe that part of the game got extra attention when it comes to dialogue.