Animal Crossing: New Horizons

49 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Dodo Code is: G42BP

:)  I think that everyone that wants to come to Hupperdook needs to use that for the moment instead of searching for open friend islands if anyone else still wants to swing by.  Going back to napping on my hammock!

Cheers dude - left some apples! Appreciated the Corona Mask on your face :-)

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Wait.. should I just leave this running in sleep mode? I've been saving and closing. 

You can’t leave it in sleep mode I don’t think. If I want to leave my island open I just turn the sleep mode timeout off in settings, open my airport, then put my character in a hammock on the beach. The console has to stay on

The launch for the 3DS game was fantastic thanks to the forum, like one big party with everyone online. But this is something else entirely. The strange twist of fate of everyone being trapped at home due to the coronavirus from the day of launch, combined with the Switch's more pleasant networking abilities and the game's greater abundance is going to create some lasting gaming memories this year. 

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Dodo Code is: G42BP

:)  I think that everyone that wants to come to Hupperdook needs to use that for the moment instead of searching for open friend islands if anyone else still wants to swing by.  Going back to napping on my hammock!

I have just visited your very fine island. I took one cherry and one apple so big thanks. Of course, I really wanted a ladder and ALL the ore but felt that would be a bit greedy so stuck with the cherry and apple. I accidentally ran into a cherry tree and instinctively shook it so I've harvested the cherries and placed them on the beach for you.

I left peaches near your house as that is all I have on the fruit front, sorry if you already have them. I also snuck a look inside the house and left very impressed with it, especially compared to the shambles that is my gaff. Felt incredibly guilty sneaking around uninvited though so left very quickly as I was worried about being caught snooping.

3 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I have just visited your very fine island. I took one cherry and one apple so big thanks. Of course, I really wanted a ladder and ALL the ore but felt that would be a bit greedy so stuck with the cherry and apple. I accidentally ran into a cherry tree and instinctively shook it so I've harvested the cherries and placed them on the beach for you.

I left peaches near your house as that is all I have on the fruit front, sorry if you already have them. I also snuck a look inside the house and left very impressed with it, especially compared to the shambles that is my gaff. Felt incredibly guilty sneaking around uninvited though so left very quickly as I was worried about being caught snooping.

Honestly, if you want to pop back for some ore and a ladder go ahead! :)  I have stuff to make more!

I'm just helping the little dude on Dragon Quest Builders (He loves that but not Animal Crossing!  If he wasn't 8, I would be requesting a refund but as it happens am fairly attached to him now) so not being as sociable as I should be!  But people are more than welcome to look around, etc.  :wub:

Edit: Also, thank you for the peaches! :D

Did some gold nugget research.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-how-to-get-gold-nuggets

Hmmm, I didn’t use (or have) a stone axe. 10,000 bells would be nice but...

For instance, Gold Nuggets are used when crafting Gold Items, Gold Armor, and other crafting tools, so it’s worth keeping them if you want to show off.

https://www.gamepur.com/guides/what-to-do-with-gold-nuggets-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons

...I figured as much.

Now I’m more intrigued as to why armour is needed on this island...

2 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Honestly, if you want to pop back for some ore and a ladder go ahead! :)  I have stuff to make more!

I'm just helping the little dude on Dragon Quest Builders (He loves that but not Animal Crossing!  If he wasn't 8, I would be requesting a refund but as it happens am fairly attached to him now) so not being as sociable as I should be!  But people are more than welcome to look around, etc.  :wub:

Edit: Also, thank you for the peaches! :D

Haha. I guess if you've had him for eight years it probably is a bit too late for a refund!

I might nip back for that ore. Let me see how much I need to get that shop started.

Thanks!

Can someone confirm that only the first islander can do anything meaningful. About to start playing with the wife and was going to let her crack on as the first islander but I don’t want to be stuck not being able to do stuff. 

or are folks just meaning when it’s 2 players simultaneously?

1 minute ago, Stanshall said:

Just another inane noob question but can I only do the MP stuff when the airport is open? I already can't wait to wake up tomorrow! :)

Yeah, once that's open you can go to friends islands if they're open or use codes if someone posts one.

1 minute ago, Stanshall said:

Just another inane noob question but can I only do the MP stuff when the airport is open? I already can't wait to wake up tomorrow! :)

Yep. Unless you visited it on the first day as the clock doesn't switch to real time until you go to bed.

Right guys!! 

Anybody with a town bearing any fruit other than Cherries mind me popping over to shake a couple of trees?

SW-1527-5385-4505

I can bring Cherries as a gift if that’s possible?

4 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Right guys!! 

Anybody with a town bearing any fruit other than Cherries mind me popping over to shake a couple of trees?

SW-1527-5385-4505

I can bring Cherries as a gift if that’s possible?

I have oranges if you want?