rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Pudge on my island is currently crafting Medium Cardboard Boxes....no idea for how much longer. Gates are open but I'm AFK if anyone is interested.

His house is to the right of the town hall.

Got about 13 unwanted spare recipes outside my shop, and Shep is crafting a decoy duck, so opened my gates for a bit while I'm working.

• Upvote 1

On 31/05/2020 at 09:03, Danster said:

Finally!

EZVLGZPUYAARwf0?format=jpg&name=large

If you have rocks spawning regularly in certain spots because everywhere else is fucking full, (I have them spawning in predictable places nearly all the time, and it’s flower beds), can I set up a rock garden easily without mannequins?

I have not logged in for AGES. Because I’m

not happy unless I’m building, designing or creating something and my island is full. My house is full. My custom designs are full. 

But I really miss it, so I’m thinking of deleting large areas of my island. 
Part of me is really cross at being forced to do this. I’d kill for more custom design slots. 

5 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

If you have rocks spawning regularly in certain spots because everywhere else is fucking full, (I have them spawning in predictable places nearly all the time, and it’s flower beds), can I set up a rock garden easily without mannequins?

Yeah, you can block them from spawning in your flower beds (without blocking the all important flower breeding) with mannequins and other items, but it's a pain - hence why it took me so long to complete

25 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Got about 13 unwanted spare recipes outside my shop, and Shep is crafting a decoy duck, so opened my gates for a bit while I'm working.

Just tried to visit for the duck recipe but got a comms error which I think has knackered your session

1 minute ago, StumpyJohn said:

Just tried to visit for the duck recipe but got a comms error which I think has knackered your session

I think the switch just went into sleep mode, so restarted it and opened up again.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I have not logged in for AGES. Because I’m

not happy unless I’m building, designing or creating something and my island is full. My house is full. My custom designs are full. 

But I really miss it, so I’m thinking of deleting large areas of my island. 
Part of me is really cross at being forced to do this. I’d kill for more custom design slots. 

I've slowed down how quickly I'm doing new areas, have waited a week before I start sorting my plaza surrounds and even now am still not sure where to move Nooks to and havent started on any of the stalls I want to create.  I don't want to burn out on this, so I'm currently down to only about 4 hours a day on it :lol:

There are some new clothes and items around today which must have come with the new season and there is also a new activity on Harv's Island though not sure how deep that is going to be.

(Come Back!)

• Upvote 1

What seasonal items did people get in their fourth nook slot? Me and my son both got the same ugly fan, so I assumed everyone was getting that, but my sister has the beautiful flowery surf board.

On 30/05/2020 at 22:48, MagicalDrop said:

@Meatball welcome to my world. At least I am at the end stage now, just green mums to go then I have a full house.

In case you didn't know there's a regular forum group of flower waterers who most days do a round trip so we all get the reproductive benefit of 5 visitors. If you'd like to join, drop a pm over. 

Cheers. Yeah it's tempting and I know it's part of the game and not cheating and if someone's visiting anyway and wants to water a few flowers while they here then that's cool, but I'm getting some small satisfaction from knowing that everything I've grown is (mostly) the result of just my own gardening efforts. Though that opinion may change in six months when I've still not got a blue rose yet, but I'll try.

Just got a Meadow Vista wall from Sahara. So lovely :wub:

5V3Ejbc.jpg

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Broker said:

What seasonal items did people get in their fourth nook slot? Me and my son both got the same ugly fan, so I assumed everyone was getting that, but my sister has the beautiful flowery surf board.

Retro fan here :/ 

• Upvote 1

Just caught a big bastard new fish. Image below in spoiler box

Spoiler

fuk9GGj.jpg

Scared the shit out of me because I was expecting something shit like a black bass. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Broker said:

GREEN SURF BOARD.

I will never use.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Reveal hidden contents

fuk9GGj.jpg

Scared the shit out of me because I was expecting something shit like a black bass. 

I caught a fish even bigger than that thing this morning...

• Upvote 1

Anyone done this wedding dress up business at Harv's? I'm curious, what is the maximum number of hearts you can get? I was awarded 11 and I'm guessing that's not it.

Oh man, I just mashed the buttons to skip the bullshit the Dodo says on the way home, and then it became apparent he was actually explaining some new feature. Now there's GO for delivery! and GO for liquidation! options? What? God dammit Nintendo... (Ok, it's basically sending items home or selling them. Cool. So I guess you can pillage mystery islands till they're literally bare now...)

Redd has returned again, with 4 fakes, again... If he's not guaranteed to come each week he should have at least 1 authentic piece of art! 

We've only got 1 item in the museum art section, at this rate we'll have it finished by 2066.

4 minutes ago, GC Zombie said:

Redd has returned again, with 4 fakes, again... If he's not guaranteed to come each week he should have at least 1 authentic piece of art! 

We've only got 1 item in the museum art section, at this rate we'll have it finished by 2066.

I know this isn’t what you want to hear right now, but what fakes?

9 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Anyone done this wedding dress up business at Harv's? I'm curious, what is the maximum number of hearts you can get? I was awarded 11 and I'm guessing that's not it.

Oh man, I just mashed the buttons to skip the bullshit the Dodo says on the way home, and then it became apparent he was actually explaining some new feature. Now there's GO for delivery! and GO for liquidation! options? What? God dammit Nintendo...

:lol: don’t worry, I read it. Stuff can either be delivered directly into your house storage (so pretty cool), or the Dodo will buy it at the Nook’s drop off box price (which I think is 80% of normal value? So probably not really worth bothering with).

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Reveal hidden contents

fuk9GGj.jpg

I just got this bugger!

A5FE3746-51FA-4AD9-B861-A3B568927A4C.jpeg.2fc5a05699087898c110bbe7c6933aed.jpeg

Handling very carefully :lol:

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it's 80%. I never use the drop box. It's full price or no deal, Nook! Not like it's that much bother to leave items outside for morning.

Edit: Nice! I want one of those beauties. I'm going to be doing a lot of fishing this evening. I've caught over 2000 fish apparently... :unsure:

6 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

I just got this bugger!

Hide contents

A5FE3746-51FA-4AD9-B861-A3B568927A4C.jpeg.2fc5a05699087898c110bbe7c6933aed.jpeg

Handling very carefully :lol:

Just caught one of them too. And a smaller, tool-shape headed one too.. 

9 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, it's 80%. I never use the drop box. It's full price or no deal, Nook! Not like it's that much bother to leave items outside for morning.

Edit: Nice! I want one of those beauties. I'm going to be doing a lot of fishing this evening. I've caught over 2000 fish apparently... :unsure:

Depends how much you’re selling. Space outside my shop is sparse, and if I’ve got three inventories worth of fruit to sell because I could get on the game before ten I’ll take 80% over leaving them on the beach.

That said, I just gave away 90+ items that I could’ve sold and didn’t bother to wake up for turnips this week. I’ve got loads more cash than I need.

Yeah, that's true. After a couple weeks of turnip selling there's not that much need for money.

Nobody's done the wedding stuff then? It must be Nintendo reacting to these stories of people having lockdown weddings in the game...

Edit: Just caught the largest of the fish off the pier! Bam!

I did the wedding thing this morning, but it wasn’t as good as I thought. I want all my villagers as congregation. And you can do it everyday so I’ve no idea how it’s going to change or what you do with those gems you get.

apart from that I’ve spent all day demolishing everything. And it’s going to take about two weeks to get rid of all slopes and move the houses.

4 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Yeah, that's true. After a couple weeks of turnip selling there's not that much need for money.

Nobody's done the wedding stuff then? It must be Nintendo reacting to these stories of people having lockdown weddings in the game...

I've done it and will be going back tomorrow to see what is next

I did buy an item from Cyrus with some of the hearts and it didnt appear in my pockets nor is it in my inventory so a bit puzzled there 

@Broker We sent you two streetlamps in the post. We can't send any more till tomorrow or if you're open later we may be able to pop over with the others and the guitar.

Hmm, sounds odd. Maybe a bug similar to when you don't manage to leave an island properly?

Fishy spoiler;

Spoiler

In the museum, the sucker fish follows the whale shark around. :D