IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm wondering if they're generated for the day and that's what you'll be stuck with till the day resets at 6am.

I’m starting to think that’s the case, I guess it would be too easy to get all the fruits that way and they want you to use friend islands instead.

Been a little frustrated with how they have figured two people on one Switch. My fiancee doesn't play games normally and this is the first one I've been able to get her into. She's now fully addicted!

But because I created the island they've basically stopped her progressing things in a meaningful way. She was playing and I was following and we felt a little stuck. Only eventually realised that only I could donate bugs to Tom Nook to trigger Blathers arriving. Or Tom Nook gave me free tool recipes, she had to buy them. So it's a little limiting - I'm not sure if it's a problem. If we play together at the same time it's not so bad because she can see the things happen but now I feel like I can't just go off and play when she's not around.

I kinda understand why they said people can't create multiple islands on one Switch, and maybe why they've done this, but it's like they didn't trust us to play fair...and it's only bloody animal crossing, not e-sports.

So...we wondered if she should just buy a switch. I thought she was a little crazy for wanting a switch so suddenly, but now is the best time...and the worst time since Switches seem to be out of stock everywhere. 

15 minutes ago, cowfields said:

Been a little frustrated with how they have figured two people on one Switch. My fiancee doesn't play games normally and this is the first one I've been able to get her into. She's now fully addicted!

But because I created the island they've basically stopped her progressing things in a meaningful way. She was playing and I was following and we felt a little stuck. Only eventually realised that only I could donate bugs to Tom Nook to trigger Blathers arriving. Or Tom Nook gave me free tool recipes, she had to buy them. So it's a little limiting - I'm not sure if it's a problem. If we play together at the same time it's not so bad because she can see the things happen but now I feel like I can't just go off and play when she's not around.

I kinda understand why they said people can't create multiple islands on one Switch, and maybe why they've done this, but it's like they didn't trust us to play fair...and it's only bloody animal crossing, not e-sports.

So...we wondered if she should just buy a switch. I thought she was a little crazy for wanting a switch so suddenly, but now is the best time...and the worst time since Switches seem to be out of stock everywhere. 

Exactly same thing has happened here! We've ended up ordering a Lite console. Should hopefully arrive on Monday :unsure:

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Struggling a little getting iron. If I visit another island is it easier to come across?

Visiting any island that hasn't been visited will be better because the rocks won't have been farmed already. There's no guarantee to iron drop though. Get a ladder if you can from someone who can make them.

We havec2 switches and 2 copies of the game. When my wife connects to my daughters island via local play its fine. However, when my daughter tries to visit my wife through the same means, it sees her island, asks if she wants to visit but as soon as she selects yes, it comes up with a communication error has occurred. 

Tried resetting but persists. Any ideas?

This is better than I expected. Catching butterflies and doing errands for this weird crank Tom Nook is much more fun than battling with Doom. My two neighbours are an elephant and a weird cat like creature. 

I’ve just picked out a spot for some museum guy who is turning up tomorrow. His tent looks like it’ll be much better than mine. 

5 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Thanks for the apples @Lyrical Donut! :) 

In a few days, Hupperdook will have all fruits growing. :wub:  And then I can start thinking about the layout of my trees a bit better. 

@bradigor Rikku here has a ladder on her beach. Not a euphemism. The 5 rocks on my last ticket island needed a ladder to reach them.

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Leaving my switch running and gates open. :) Have left some coconuts, peaches, cherries, a couple of tools (ladders / slingshots) and a few bits of iron on the beach. Help yourselves if you come by. 

Don you have a dodo code? 

3 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I don't know!

Sorry. 

Dodo Code is: G42BP

:)  I think that everyone that wants to come to Hupperdook needs to use that for the moment instead of searching for open friend islands if anyone else still wants to swing by.  Going back to napping on my hammock!

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.