rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

50 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Awesome, thank you.  Is there anything you’re on the lookout for?

I’d say no need, but I’m suddenly in need of a single white street lamp if you have one.

1 minute ago, Stejay said:

I’d say no need, but I’m suddenly in need of a single white street lamp if you have one.

I only have brown sorry

10 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Ordered you a white street lamp for deliver tomorrow morning.

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

Ordered you a white street lamp for deliver tomorrow morning.

Fantastic, thank you.

With the “too many items lying around” thing when trying to get 5*, does it make a difference if items & recipes are dropped on things like stalls compared to on the ground?

I like having a swaps area for visitors but want to hit the 5*, so have built stalls and benches and taken it all off the ground but still get the same evaluation

19 minutes ago, bimbam said:

With the “too many items lying around” thing when trying to get 5*, does it make a difference if items & recipes are dropped on things like stalls compared to on the ground?

I like having a swaps area for visitors but want to hit the 5*, so have built stalls and benches and taken it all off the ground but still get the same evaluation

Only items on the ground count against you, stuff on tables or stalls is ok.  I get around the problem by picking up my recipe swaps before closing for the night.

Other items on the ground also count against you too so rocks, tree branches, weeds, nips, fruit etc. You need to sweep them up every day

• Upvote 1

A friendly person on Reddit just let me catalogue a bunch of their stuff for NMT, so I can now order any of the elaborate kimono stands and any piece of the red diner set if anyone is missing any of that stuff?

@bimbam A couple of other things that might help

Isabel gives a real time report on your star rating so you can always pop into resident services and see if your cleanup is sufficient

You don't need to maintain 5 star throughout the day, you can just set your town up for it overnight to get the official rating and trigger the rewards.  The first time you will need to talk to Isabel I think in order to get part of it (cant remember, sorry)

If you are leaving turnips or dropped fossils (both identified and unidentified) on the ground then these count against you too

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

@bimbam A couple of other things that might help

Isabel gives a real time report on your star rating so you can always pop into resident services and see if your cleanup is sufficient

You don't need to maintain 5 star throughout the day, you can just set your town up for it overnight to get the official rating and trigger the rewards.  The first time you will need to talk to Isabel I think in order to get part of it (cant remember, sorry)

If you are leaving turnips or dropped fossils (both identified and unidentified) on the ground then these count against you too

This is great thanks, suspect it might be todays turnip stock up then, I have them all fenced off somewhere

What else can you do with turnips then, it’s stupid and annoying as hell that they can’t be put in storage, unless I’m missing something?

Also I presume shells don’t count as they seem to spawn constantly?

I’ve been picking up items people have dropped so that I can catalog them. But I still can’t order them. Should I be able to or am I missing something? 

1 minute ago, bimbam said:

This is great thanks, suspect it might be todays turnip stock up then, I have them all fenced off somewhere

What else can you do with turnips then, it’s stupid and annoying as hell that they can’t be put in storage, unless I’m missing something?

Also I presume shells don’t count as they seem to spawn constantly?

turnips need to be dropped inside your house.  You might also be able to get away with burying them outside but dropping them outside is a no-no if you want 5 stars

you are correct that they can't be put in storage like normal items

spawned shells on the beach do not count as far as I am aware but if you pick them up and drop them elsewhere on the island then they do possibly count against you, I've not tested this though.

5 minutes ago, g wings said:

I’ve been picking up items people have dropped so that I can catalog them. But I still can’t order them. Should I be able to or am I missing something? 

You can only order items that are "orderable".  Crafted items, seasonal items, gifts from gulliver, cj/ flick models, pocket camp items etc will all appear in your catalogue if you own them or pick them up but none of them can be ordered

1 hour ago, Broker said:

A friendly person on Reddit just let me catalogue a bunch of their stuff for NMT, so I can now order any of the elaborate kimono stands and any piece of the red diner set if anyone is missing any of that stuff?

I need Tree Peonies and Wisteria kimonos please. Won't be online until the morning, can you order and I'll collect from you with the bells? 

Jetman from Winslow

I've got Redd in town today and he has a genuine painting (Perfect Painting, Apples and Oranges by Paul Cezanne)

You'll need a ladder with you, and possibly a pole if you want to get to him. Right at the top end of my island. I'll open the gates.

My gates are open for anyone needing some shopping action. It's just past midday here and Nips are at 107. 

The shop highlights are a soldering and multimeter set, a whirlpool bath and a red set of bunk beds. 

(I've bought the bunk beds already, but I've ordered another set for Nook home delivery if anyone wants one later.)

I'll Dojo Code this one then add visitors as friends via the Switch menu later. 

069DF is the code. 

(The two undersea cables that provide internet to Vietnam are broken!)

11 hours ago, bimbam said:

Thanks, it’s jamesh

Cool

And although it might have sounded like I needed some coconuts, if you listen very clearly I did actually say bamboo. Which I have tonnes of. :doh:

So I’ll make/send some right away

Note to self: Never ever plan to move an entire mountain that contains big flower fields ever again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Shaken all my trees this morning and no furniture at all. What's gone wrong? I haven't removed any trees. I could only find one furniture yesterday but I assumed I missed a tree.

8 hours ago, Broker said:

Yes I want all elaborate kimonos! I’ve got Balls and Tree peonies. I think @Mike S was going to order me the one on a black frame but not sure if he’s had chance... I need to send one on to donut! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Shaken all my trees this morning and no furniture at all. What's gone wrong? I haven't removed any trees. I could only find one furniture yesterday but I assumed I missed a tree.

From memory you need to have at least a minimum number of non fruit trees to be guaranteed the max number of wasps, coins and falling items. Cant remember the number but its around 30 I think

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

From memory you need to have at least a minimum number of non fruit trees to be guaranteed the max number of wasps, coins and falling items. Cant remember the number but its around 30 I think

I've definitely got that, I just counted them because I remember you saying, something random like 27. There's some bare pear trees mixed in but I've got like 50 trees.

2 minutes ago, Laine said:

Yes I want all elaborate kimonos! I’ve got Balls and Tree peonies. I think @Mike S was going to order me the one on a black frame but not sure if he’s had chance... I need to send one on to donut! 

I am ordering it today if you still want it?

I had run out of orders yesterday or you would have had it by this morning!

6 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I am ordering it today if you still want it?

I had run out of orders yesterday or you would have had it by this morning!

Yes please! No worries at all - I just get a bit list with how many things I’m asking people to send me so was double checking. 
Did you know you can send people things direct twice a day? So you can order your 5 things then people on friends list can be sent two things.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Laine said:

Yes please! No worries at all - I just get a bit list with how many things I’m asking people to send me so was double checking. 
Did you know you can send people things direct twice a day? So you can order your 5 things then people on friends list can be sent two things.

I didn't know that but have only ever sent one thing to someone through the post. Some trousers!

Will order the kimono right now...

Aah, I misunderstood @Laine as I had no idea I could send the kimono direct from my store!

It's going to Windhurst isn't it?

53 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've definitely got that, I just counted them because I remember you saying, something random like 27. There's some bare pear trees mixed in but I've got like 50 trees.

If some trees are surrounded by flowers and other stuff at the base, there might not be room for a furniture to drop, just like when you accidentally shoot down a balloon in a flower field. I had this exact same problem a couple of weeks ago but I fixed it by moving some flowers that had spread around a few trees. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rayn said:

If some trees are surrounded by flowers and other stuff at the base, there might not be room for a furniture to drop, just like when you accidentally shoot down a balloon in a flower field. I had this exact same problem a couple of weeks ago but I fixed it by moving some flowers that had spread around a few trees. 

Right, I was under the impressive if there wasn't room it wouldn't spawn them.  And you'd get them from somewhere else. Time to start cleaning up.