rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 hours ago, vSmall said:

Hi everyone 

My husband just got me this game, one I’m day two, it’s addictive but not sure what I’m doing....how can I visit other towns? I’m just knocking about my little patch eating peaches catching fish for now 

Feel free to add me as a friend (Switch code is SW-6788-0068-9684). I have a dozen or so fossils and a few DIY recipes going spare that will give you a bit of a kickstart on everything :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Laine said:

Oh wow yes please!

I think they are 220k though if that is OK?

I'll order them tomorrow and let you know when it arrives..

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

I think they are 220k though if that is OK?

I'll order them tomorrow and let you know when it arrives..

Of course yeah! I can drop cash off this evening?

1 minute ago, Spleen said:

Didn't want the gold one then?

Sorry I completely forgot to get back to you. Yes I will take that one too, I mean who needs to pay off the last mortgage?!

Turnip market better pay off next week though. 

Cool, I can probably post it to you or something. 

Final mortgage is optional.

Are we Switch friends?

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Add me, my friend code is below. I can open this afternoon. Let me know what time you'd like to visit. Got all the fruit for you to pick.

Thank you, I will hop on later today when the call of duty session is happening, maybe around 7pm?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

To visit and/or invite others you need to have friends on your Nintendo Switch Friends list, as well as an active Switch Online subscription. To add friends you need to enter a friend code in the Friends section of the Nintendo Switch home screen. If you don't know how to do this I'm sure it's easy to find a guide on the Nintendo homepage or Youtube. 

The goal of the actual game is more or less what you make of it yourself. Pay down your first loan with the Nook Miles, then take up a new loan for a small house. Keep paying down the loan as you expand your house. You'll want to get more villagers to your island as well, so make sure you buy tickets to the Mystery Islands and see if you find someone to invite to live on your island. As you make progress, you'll get more and more tasks to follow as well as more and more freedom of choice as more gameplay elements are unlocked. 

My wife seems to enjoy collecting shoes and umbrellas (just as in real life, I think it's weird that she tries to mirror her real life within the game), I like to explore other peoples' islands and collect furniture while my kids seems to enjoy catching various fish and bugs. 

If you ever get online feel free to either invite me to yours or invite yourself to mine and I'll try to give some more hints and tips. I might even have some duplicate furniture items I need to get rid of that you may have. 

Thanks, this is really helpful. I’m just getting used to all the functions and tasks, happy to say I’ve paid off my moving loan but still roughing it in my tent ️ 

18 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Feel free to add me as a friend (Switch code is SW-6788-0068-9684). I have a dozen or so fossils and a few DIY recipes going spare that will give you a bit of a kickstart on everything :)

Ahhhh thank you I will add you when I go back on tonight, I hear there is a big call of duty sesh with the lads planned so I’ll need to keep myself busy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, vSmall said:

Thank you, I will hop on later today when the call of duty session is happening, maybe around 7pm?

Cool. I'll open then.

49 minutes ago, Laine said:

Er @Mike did I leave my trousers on your island?!

40 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Yes!

:lol: 

• Upvote 1

Quick question. My wife wants to go to different islands but do you have to be switch friends to go to other islands or can you just use dodo codes? It's rough enough putting in friend codes for me from on here. I'd rather not have to do them all for her too.

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

Ok, if not being greedy then, can I take about 15?

1 hour ago, Laine said:

Hi friend!

No problem, both just let me know when you are online

3 minutes ago, Foxworth said:

Quick question. My wife wants to go to different islands but do you have to be switch friends to go to other islands or can you just use dodo codes? It's rough enough putting in friend codes for me from on here. I'd rather not have to do them all for her too.

You don't need to be friends, dodo codes can be set as friends only or open to anyone.  Most of us tend to open directly to friends though as its easier than using dodo and you don't need to worry about random lurkers showing up like with a dodo code 

Deirdre asked to leave the other day. I wasn't too fussed about her so agreed that she could go.

Yesterday I cashed in all 90k of my nook miles for 45 tickets and went off on the search for someone a bit more interesting.

On my travels I came across 6 money rock Islands, 4 bamboo Islands and 5 Islands with oranges. The rest were all boring non special Islands with my native pears.

Most of the villagers I came across were rubbish. Gigi the ugly frog, several ugly mice, Cole the rabbit and so on. 2 villagers were ones who'd previously lived on my island and 4 were villagers who live on Mrs Sporks island. I also day Sydney the koala on two different Islands.

I did come across the much coveted Audie but I find the wolf characters a bit weird looking so left her behind. Eventually got to my last island over two hours later and came across Fuschia the pink sisterly deer. She's a bit sassy and weighing it up between her and letting Tom Nook pick someone I asked her to move in.

Today her pink house is there and it's beautiful :wub: 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Foxworth said:

I can open right now, if she'd like to visit?

@Mr Do 71 Be ok for now thanks. My son has commandeered the switch now and is laying the smack down on Mario Kart online. Il just add a load of friends over the weekend and get some added to her account. So if anyone has a request from a Mummy who has a princess peach it will be me requesting for her.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Foxworth said:

Ok thanks. Guess my evening is sorted then. Thanks Nintendo for implementing another brutal friend system.

Alternatively you can open via dodo code and have us lot visit, you can then add people with the players recently played with/met option instead of putting friends codes in. 

• Upvote 1

K.K Slider likes to put in some serious rehearsals eh? He's been in my town since 6am and isn't due on until 6pm. Still, this will be his first performance here so I expect he wants to put on a good show.

1 hour ago, spork said:

Deirdre asked to leave the other day. I wasn't too fussed about her so agreed that she could go.

Yesterday I cashed in all 90k of my nook miles for 45 tickets and went off on the search for someone a bit more interesting.

On my travels I came across 6 money rock Islands, 4 bamboo Islands and 5 Islands with oranges. The rest were all boring non special Islands with my native pears.

Most of the villagers I came across were rubbish. Gigi the ugly frog, several ugly mice, Cole the rabbit and so on. 2 villagers were ones who'd previously lived on my island and 4 were villagers who live on Mrs Sporks island. I also day Sydney the koala on two different Islands.

I did come across the much coveted Audie but I find the wolf characters a bit weird looking so left her behind. Eventually got to my last island over two hours later and came across Fuschia the pink sisterly deer. She's a bit sassy and weighing it up between her and letting Tom Nook pick someone I asked her to move in.

Today her pink house is there and it's beautiful :wub: 

Audie is good fun, foxtrot! Although the way she occasionally refers to herself as a wolf is distracting, when she’s clearly skinned to be a fox. Similar issue with Flora, the flamingo-skinned ostrich.

When you meet old villagers on a deserted island, do they still remember you or their time on your island?

5 hours ago, SteveH said:

I’ve just added you, I’m playing under my husbands profile name so I’ll come up as Muz, he’s also on the forum