Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Flower spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

EWrHs80U8AMvjFr.thumb.jpeg.dba2f64cf499be1f744159d886672b90.jpeg

:omg:

Nice man! I had a flurry of them today. Up to 5 golds now. The first is truly special though.

Still missing 

Blue roses

Purple hyas

Green cosmo

Purple wind

God damn youuu.

5 minutes ago, skittles said:

Nice man! I had a flurry of them today. Up to 5 golds now. The first is truly special though.

Still missing 

Blue roses

Purple hyas

Green cosmo

Purple wind

God damn youuu.

Green mum surely...?

16 minutes ago, skittles said:

Still missing 

Blue roses

Purple hyas

Green cosmo

Purple wind

God damn youuu.

I have one purple hyacinth now too! got it yesterday and am now trying to get it to clone

1 minute ago, Hexx said:

Gold Rose get!

Still missing

Blue Rose

Black Cosmo

Black Lily

Green Mum

Pink Wind

Purp Wind

Purple Pansy

Congrats! same for me today with first gold rose.  Had my first purple Hyacinth recently too

Pink winds are simple, just cross orange and red ones from seed.  They then appear frequently

Same for black lily, just cross 2 reds from seed.  These appear less frequently

For black cosmo cross red and yellow from seed to get orange and then cross orange with itself.  These also are less frequent appearers

For purple pansies I brute forced it with a crap tonne of cross bred blues but there are more complex routes

The other are harder and I'm not there yet!

Bree is my island’s newest resident. This should mean I have to kill Penelope now but I like Penelope. Her tier six status on that site is mean.

Two mice, one island. That’s how it’s gonna be. And if I ever meet Carmen, it will become three.

20 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Congrats! same for me today with first gold rose.  Had my first purple Hyacinth recently too

Pink winds are simple, just cross orange and red ones from seed.  They then appear frequently

Same for black lily, just cross 2 reds from seed.  These appear less frequently

For black cosmo cross red and yellow from seed to get orange and then cross orange with itself.  These also are less frequent appearers

For purple pansies I brute forced it with a crap tonne of cross bred blues but there are more complex routes

The other are harder and I'm not there yet!

I know the first three but it's just not happening = it will though :D

Got my first black Cosmo today, which is nice. Challenge is getting the hybrid red rose to make blue. Only realised today my orange roses weren’t with the correct genes, so now got black-yellow pairs set up. 

Hoping another intensive group watering will get me closer :)

17 minutes ago, spanx said:

Got my first black Cosmo today, which is nice. Challenge is getting the hybrid red rose to make blue. Only realised today my orange roses weren’t with the correct genes, so now got black-yellow pairs set up. 

Hoping another intensive group watering will get me closer :)

Black yellow pairs?

From what I understand, you need to breed red with white, then any reds from that breed with yellow, then any reds from that breed together, from that you should get oranges, blacks, purples, reds and occasional blues.

Plonk all those in a patch together to increase chances of blues.  Once you've got a blue, isolate it for self breeding....

Yeah, I already binned a bunch of flowers of dubious origin. It's only really pansies and roses that are the pain, with their multiple bloody variations of the same colour. Really confused around all the variations on purple and orange roses and which ones work. 

I had my first islander leave yesterday.

It was Miranda the pink duck. She had only been living on Pazuzu for a week or so and seemed happy enough, had a decent do for her birthday which at least three other residents attended, all was good, etc. Then, the day after her birthday, she decided she wanted to move on.

I didn't resist as she wasn't the most exciting resident (although her house was certainly the fanciest with it's jacuzzi and huge harp) but it was still quite sad visiting her the day she was packing up especially when she expressed her concerns about moving on as she had enjoyed her time with us. No stopping her by then of course and I was left with just a little annoyance that, as part of my attempts to pursuade all residents to wear them, I had gifted her some cultist robes for her birthday which she would be taking with her. Of course I felt even worse, and not a little hurt, the day after she left had left as I found the robes in the recycle box in the town hall.

Looking for a new resident now. I really want the satanic cow that someone here has as a resident so will visit a few Nook island's tonight and hope for the best. Want to get rid of Butch the dog too as he dresses like a prick and his house is shite.

Also, the new art thing is great, I now have Vermeer's amazing 'Young Woman With a Water Pitcher' hanging in my house as it is too good for the museum. I was in quite the quandary choosing between that and the Venus de Milo as home decor.  I am however a bit disappointed that the art dealer doesn't visit every day as I want more paintings now...