rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

29 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

I can't get a 5 star island rating due to Isabella moaning about too many trees. Which pees me off because as anyone who's visited my island knows, trees are a big part of its natural feel.

But temporarily at least I'm going to have to wield the axe so I looked it up, and apparently 220 is the max you can have for a 5 star rating. Time for a boring tree count!

Anyone know if there's any benefit to keeping a 5 star rating or can I just get it and immediately start growing trees again?

Spoiler

More lily of the valley flowers appear if you maintain the rating

I managed 5 star for 1 whole day before the two many items criticism came back :(

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Was it just me booted from Monkeyboys just now?

Me too. Managed to keep my hats and bee. But it seems my coconuts are still with me.

spent a productive lunch doing a custom design for a sign to put up near my flowers for watering.

EWm_BGBUEAAIIhp.thumb.jpeg.d1a8da41e5bcd5caf5f2acd33f39ef93.jpeg

Probably need the text to be a bit stronger but ran out of colour slots

back to boring old work soon :(

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

spent a productive lunch doing a custom design for a sign to put up near my flowers for watering.

EWm_BGBUEAAIIhp.thumb.jpeg.d1a8da41e5bcd5caf5f2acd33f39ef93.jpeg

Probably need the text to be a bit stronger but ran out of colour slots

back to boring old work soon :(

Better than mine asking for watering and point to sites 

C328F126-5561-4A2B-9E66-F28FFC9A2B84.jpeg.8ae4c620bd94cd40a3dbc789c9b8da5b.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Currently open to friends while I sort lunch out. Sahara is here.

Please excuse the mess, I'm in the middle of remodeling at the mo.

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

My Cranny actually had some decent stuff today

- Video camera on a tripod (32k bells) 

@murray was after one of those

3 minutes ago, Monkeyboy said:

Sorry guys, there was a connection error!!

It's OK! The hats that my wife wanted made it through the error :)

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

@ymaohyd

Gates are open for an hour while I take a dinner break from Splatoon grievances.

Anyone can visit Redd if they want.

Thanks, bought the elaborate kimono stand and let anyone who was there catalogue it. Let me know if you want to as well. I’ll take it round any islands I visit today for cataloguing just in case anyone’s interested.

Is the camp site any use once I’ve got ten villagers and forced out any ugly ones? Is there any benefit to having the campsite filled with a desirable amiibo character when people visit?

32 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Omg I need a green ice cream cone light!!

I have sent one.

27 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

Thanks, bought the elaborate kimono stand and let anyone who was there catalogue it. Let me know if you want to as well. I’ll take it round any islands I visit today for cataloguing just in case anyone’s interested.

My home doesn’t deserve such items at the moment. Cardboard boxes are considered classy furniture here.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Broker said:

Is the camp site any use once I’ve got ten villagers and forced out any ugly ones? Is there any benefit to having the campsite filled with a desirable amiibo character when people visit?

Maybe worthwhile for catching randoms and asking them to stay, just to get the recipe cards... Can you remove it anyway? Once it's there it's there for good I think.

I was dead wrong about the iron knight stuff, it’s fully wearable:

307D4089-BED6-4D99-8534-1F65FA6667BF.thumb.jpeg.9c133aa51a1d9a61ca666cc634af1807.jpeg

26A45394-C588-4377-BF4C-FE488A8A8E86.thumb.jpeg.023083e847f8c19355d9a6efdb7af6a0.jpeg

• Upvote 5

Just now, Danster said:

Maybe worthwhile for catching randoms and asking them to stay, just to get the recipe cards... Can you remove it anyway? Once it's there it's there for good I think.

Are you safe to ask them that far then? To get the recipe? Without them staying?

Just now, Danster said:

I was thinking more moving it to a corner so it doesn’t ruin my design ideas :lol:

If you still want the knight stuff just add me (friend code 3904-1810-9314) and I’ll post it to you. Even if you just want to shove it in storage, I’ll never use it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Broker said:

I was dead wrong about the iron knight stuff, it’s fully wearable

26A45394-C588-4377-BF4C-FE488A8A8E86.thumb.jpeg.023083e847f8c19355d9a6efdb7af6a0.jpeg

I can make the shoes if you want them

2 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Are you safe to ask them that far then? To get the recipe? Without them staying?

Yes it is safe to get the recipe card from them.  You need to make the recipe item and give it to them before moving related conversations open up

I got really sick and tired of my island last week and had a few days off doing much, I just did some planting of bushes and hedges after we got the update. Yesterday I started to feel a bit more creative again and I've now relocated all villager houses to where I want them to be (for now). I've found out that the best way for me to do design on the island is by doing as little as possible and rather figure out very small and doable projects along the way while I figure out where I spend the most time at any given time. I spent three days figuring out where to plant 5 shrubs but when I did it actually made sense. 

I simply can't do massive projects where I plan days and weeks in advance, I have to wait until I have all the stuff I need and then just do it. Oh well, it only took me nearly 200h to figure out my personal flow but hey, I've enjoyed it for the most part. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

Gates are open to friends

Jetman from Winslow

Your house puts me to shame - and island isn’t bad too 

How do you have so many items already!

How much do you want for your purple pool and the flower cart :p

My shop is shut today, so I’ve just been pottering about replanting trees and working on my little town area.

just spoke to pietro, wasn’t really paying much attention, and almost missed the fact he wanted to move out! I wasn’t mean or ignored him at all. I’m not sure what happens now, will somebody move into the same spot?

and of course any of you guys that visited recently might get him now!

@Hexx Flower cart is a craftable, if you bring these I can make it for you for free

3 white hyacinths

3 red cosmos

3 yellow roses

8 wood

2 iron nugget

Not sure what pool is worth as it's 5,000 Nook Miles Tickets. If there's a generally accepted conversion to bells, I'll go with it. 

I have a lot of items thanks to trading with some very nice people on here! 

Just now, MagicalDrop said:

Flower cart is a craftable, if you bring these I can make it for you for free

3 white hyacinths

3 red cosmos

3 yellow roses

8 wood

2 iron nugget

Not sure what pool is worth as it's 5,000 Nook Miles Tickets. If there's a generally accepted conversion to bells, I'll go with it. 

I have a lot of items thanks to trading with some very nice people on here! 

You can exchange 500 nook miles for 3000 bells in the terminal, so I guess that pool is worth 30k then. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else think gold nugget spawning has been nerfed? I have only had 1 in about a week and half, whereas before the game patches I was rolling in them.

44 minutes ago, Broker said:

I was dead wrong about the iron knight stuff, it’s fully wearable:

You need a bonfire to go with that.

• Upvote 2

Latests round of data mining the last update brought up the following results:

– Foggy Chair not included anywhere in the latest update
– Three new Nook Miles achievements related to new features
– Redd’s shop can be used by visitors to your island
– Coelacanth and olive flounder behave slightly differently as shadows in water
– New tool in the files: ‘worn axe’ (apparently has durability 3)
– Couple of new furniture items (outside of Redd’s art/sculptures)
Diving still being worked on  :D
– New related strings: “Creature” and “Plants”

And there's been some rumours going round that the Dream Suite will be added in a later update.

• Upvote 1