rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

PHEW!  The Flowery Painting (Van Gogh sunflowers) that I bought from Redd yesterday was genuine. Or a good enough fake to fool Blathers at least.  The tension!

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

OMG SO MANY FLOWERS! @spanx @Danster @Delargey @MagicalDrop

When thinking about it afterwards it was clear that I had way, way too many and was gonna have to have a much smaller area for watering if we do this again!!  

Highlights so far

4 more purple pansies

6 more black roses

2 more purple roses

my first 2 black cosmos

my first purple hyacinth :omg:

Thank you watering team!!

Literally just pm'd the group to say the same! 

Now taking names for Rllmuk Watering Posse round 2! Anyone up for an hour tonight? 

3 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

PHEW!  The Flowery Painting (Van Gogh sunflowers) that I bought from Redd yesterday was genuine. Or a good enough fake to fool Blathers at least.  The tension!

Lol the only one that wasn't fake was the one I already gave Blathers but didn't realise. Bugger.

8 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Same here, what a relief!

Also - 8am music is just the best. 

• Empathy 1

6 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Now taking names for Rllmuk Watering Posse round 2! Anyone up for an hour tonight? 

I might join this but what happens if it rains? My place is looking pretty gloomy at the moment.

6 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

I might join this but what happens if it rains? My place is looking pretty gloomy at the moment.

It just means that you don't personally need to water your own flowers, same as it normally means.  It rained in my place yesterday

My expanded Nook’s Cranny reopened this morning and they had a timer available to buy in the cabinet, which allows you to set a timer of varying length, which is displayed on screen along with a count of fish and insects captured during the countdown. Pretty neat. 

I had a bit of rain last night, but thanks to the mass watering I reckon more than 50% of my flower pairs generated a new flower, rather than way less then 1 in ten.

I'm not sure I'd want to do this more than once or twice a week, and I'll definitely create a couple of beds with the plants I'd like, because I have about a billion standard blooms to figure out what to do with, but it was fun doing it, and I now have a pretty decent selection of hybrid flowers :)

10 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

It just means that you don't personally need to water your own flowers, same as it normally means.  It rained in my place yesterday

Of course, thanks for clarifying. I’ll need to get my flowers in order before I can do this I think and need to better understand the new guide being used.

Google Lens is useful for assessing Redd's paintings, I've found. Some of the differences are obvious, but others are bloody sneaky.

Just added a classic Vermeer to the Art Gallery, and oh my God the music in that wing is incredible. A cultured bit of strings, harpsichord and oboe layered over the standard museum theme. To die for.

Blathers you classy bastard.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Definitely!

EWl7OewUwAA3mQl?format=jpg&name=large

Amazing

With the watering groups a small targeted area is great. You can fit a lot into a space rather than asking people to run around your island and you having, in the end, far too much to deal with. The spawn numbers with 5 waterers means you're close to doubling your crop. Great but it quickly becomes unmanageable. Shovel costs are high!

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

Can be - my targets are spread out over island though - but with helpful water signs

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

I'm happy to skip this one and let someone else have a chance to participate.

If there ends up being a spare spot I'll join tho and will have a MUCH reduced area to water

I have mostly buds to water today... assuming you don't really get any benefit from having multiple people watering. I'd like to participate tomorrow instead. If we can get a decent group of five or six, it should be easy to set up so two people host, everyone rotates over those islands, and then two different people step up and host. Avoids the horror of the ten minute wait to get everyone on your island, and another ten minutes to leave!

• Upvote 1

I spent almost an hour poring over the artwork in that fox's barnacle holder and comparing them to Google images.

Am I being educated on the sly? Clever girl, Nintendo.  Add to that, the fox's BGM is great.

It still needs to find a different place to park though.

Please let me/us know if you're open with that fox available. I want to peruse your artpieces.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

I spent almost an hour poring over the artwork in that fox's barnacle holder and comparing them to Google images.

Am I being educated on the sly? Clever girl, Nintendo.  Add to that, the fox's BGM is great.

It still needs to find a different place to park though.

Please let me/us know if you're open with that fox available. I want to peruse your artpieces.

The vulpine vagabond is in Nookington today.  Will be open after work for visitors

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Stejay said:

Thanks to @Unofficial Who for the invite to the Southern Hemisphere earlier today, and for sending me the Catan looking board game.  Nice island and I managed to catch a couple of new fish, but the experience was marred when I found myself stalked by the horror that is Pietro.  What is the name of God is that thing?

My island yesterday.

1584474656219-animal-crossing_tombstone-

• Upvote 5

I can’t keep Redd away. He’s back again. Technically, he can’t have left last night.

• Upvote 2

So is Redd available to buy from by other Players?

The Nooks outdid themselves today in the shop. I bought everything, and they had the exact brolly I’m after as well. First class. 
And they’re closing tomorrow and I get my expansion! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

As long as they have the boat unlocked, yes.

Gates open. Tammy has an iron garden table recipe. Nooks selling a magazine, especially useful for the manga library wall, I can craft for you if you don’t have the recipe, needs 10 magazines.

• Upvote 1

Mr Donuts bought one of my artpieces.

I think he made the right decision.

Do they switch up every visit?

12 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Ah okay. Last I’d read he could only be bought from once on each island. 

So the Nooks sell DIY recipes as well now?

5 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

Mr Donuts bought one of my artpieces.

I think he made the right decision.

Do they switch up every visit?

It was a fake. I might stick in my CeX :P

• Upvote 2

How often does Redd visit and what are his opening hours?

Should have visitors come and buy every item each time he is here to maximise chances.

28 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

The Nooks outdid themselves today in the shop. I bought everything, and they had the exact brolly I’m after as well. First class. 
And they’re closing tomorrow and I get my expansion! 

24 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

11 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Ah okay. Last I’d read he could only be bought from once on each island. 

Redd is available for visitors to buy from (so long as they have the boat unlocked too) BUT each person can only buy 1 artwork per day in total.

You can visit 10 Redds but you can only buy art once

• Upvote 1