Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

18 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Who or what is 'letsbook'? I had two letters with posters attached (Nook and Isabelle) thanking me for what I'd done for them?

It's a forumite from here. Nice lad. He possibly sold nips at yours the other day when you opened the gates with low battery?

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

If anyone wants a Leif poster to celebrate Nature Day then I have scanned the amiibo and have it available on my catalogue.  Free to anyone that wants one

EWRgKvBUwAMWGa8.thumb.jpeg.29e7313d906c5a14ced8550b3661b30e.jpeg

Me again! Yes I’d love one. And if you fancy offloading a black lily...

Bianca's decided to move on today. Sad news. So far, we've lost Alice and Bianca to just wanting to move on, and Rex to campsite idiocy. Given we're talking to them all every day and have a 5-star island, is this just random chance? How often are villagers "supposed" to up and leave?

28 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

That would be amazing.

Can you only get them from Amiibo? Do you have any of those for Apples the hamster?

You can get them for any of your villagers by placing them in the studio in Harv's Island.  For others and for characters like Nook, Isabel, Resetti etc you need the amiibo or amiibo card and use that to get them into Harv studio.

After them being called to Harv's studio their poster appears in your nook shopping catalogue

I can send you a Leif poster but don't know your in game name/ island.  Let me know and send a friend request if you have not already (SW-3715-5707-3301) 

I don't have Apples one at the moment but I can add her later on and send that too

11 minutes ago, Laine said:

Me again! Yes I’d love one. And if you fancy offloading a black lily...

Have sent Leif poster.  Black Lilies seem to be really slow at appearing.  I need to redo my lily patch to focus on blacks and oranges as have loads of pinks now.  Can do you 1 black lily but only 1 atm

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Bianca's decided to move on today. Sad news. So far, we've lost Alice and Bianca to just wanting to move on, and Rex to campsite idiocy. Given we're talking to them all every day and have a 5-star island, is this just random chance? How often are villagers "supposed" to up and leave?

I think its just random so that you have the chance to refresh your island with new villagers

I know this will sound a bit petty but I hate the shit Nintendo are doing purely to stop time travellers. This update should have been released yesterday or earlier so that everyone could prepare and have it for this morning. Instead I have kicks on my island instead of Leif. And no shot at Red today. Fine, it’s a slow game blah blah but it’s horrible chatting to people who have them.

/pointless rant

No Nooks for me as it is getting an upgrade, also no update. 

I am spending the day making gifts for my residents in the hood they return the favour. Stirling, my exercise obsessed Rooster gave me a framed picture of himself the egotistical twat.

7 minutes ago, Kieran said:

No Nooks for me as it is getting an upgrade, also no update. 

I am spending the day making gifts for my residents in the hood they return the favour. Stirling, my exercise obsessed Rooster gave me a framed picture of himself the egotistical twat.

That means he is best friends with you!!

37 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Don't you get the option of persuading them to stay?

19 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I know this will sound a bit petty but I hate the shit Nintendo are doing purely to stop time travellers. This update should have been released yesterday or earlier so that everyone could prepare and have it for this morning. Instead I have kicks on my island instead of Leif. And no shot at Red today. Fine, it’s a slow game blah blah but it’s horrible chatting to people who have them.

I have literally no idea what any of this means! 

It was Miranda the duck's birthday today so I gifted her some cultist robes which I really hope she will start wearing. Flo the penguin was in there first thing of course,  celebrating/pissed up and dancing away as always...

7 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I have literally no idea what any of this means!

If people time travel (change their switch clock) to unlock future upgrades and events they won't get things like Leif, Redd and all that early because Nintendo literally hadn't put it in the game, so snwmn is annoyed he has to wait to get Leif or Redd.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If people time travel (change their switch clock) to unlock future upgrades and events they won't get things like Leif, Redd and all that early because Nintendo literally hadn't put it in the game, so snwmn is annoyed he has to wait to get Leif or Redd.

Aah right. So it's a bit of a cheat for the impatient? 

I don't know what Leif or Redd is either but am happy ignorantly waiting and being surprised if they happen to me.

7 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Pretty sure I tested that and still kicked them away. 

Yep, sorry I tested it again and you're right. What a stupid decision, what's the point of having the functionality if they don't adopt the same properties as the premade paths? This is something they should correct in a patch. I wasted ages redoing all my cobbles as paths to protect them and all for naught!

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

That sounds weird, I have had 3 CJ visits and 2 Flick visits.  Have been playing since release day

We've had CJ once. 

My daughter is the main islander on the switch and I've just discovered she hasn't done quite  a few things that Tom Nook needed. Starting tomorrow we might get some new villagers :lol:

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think Leif pops up at random like Kicks, CJ and Flick. Or it could be if the update downloaded before island reset.

No idea if it helped but I had exited the game and done an OS level update last night.  When I switched on this morning it prompted me to do the ACNH update when I tried to re-open it. I did the update before opening the game today

Does anyone know if CJ buys fish? I can only get challenges or models off him. I'm sure someone said in here he buys them (and I don't just mean during the fishing competition).

No Leif for me because I updated this morning after already logging in, so the days activities would have already been locked in.

For the first time got a decent turnip price this morning, 480 bells. Unfortunately I only realised at 11:45 (prices change at 12:00), so it was a mad dash to collect half of my turnip stash and offload them!

I'm really hoping the new events unlock more stuff to spend Miles on, someone earlier in the thread was bemoaning how they become obselete in late game and I'm feeling it too. One of the things to look forward to every day was checking the Nook ATM for new things to spend miles on. It also gave me mini goals throughout my play sessions to fufill the Nook+ challenges, but now I have all the stuff I want that hook is gone.