Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So I'm currently flying through work like a bastard knowing that at some point I'm going to need to do a long import before I can start my next project. If everything works out I'll be importing for 5 or 6 hours tomorrow playing Animal Crossing. Wish me luck, Rllmuk.

Sorry if this has already been asked multiple times (it must have) but what's the best way for me and my son to play this?

Currently we only have 1 switch and 1 Nintendo Account/Profile & 1 NNID all under my name, which my son uses for all other games he's allowed to play.

I've read AC does something different with multiple users where only one can be mayor or something. I guess we need to have different characters (and profiles?) setup to play but what does the one of us miss out on?

Selfishly I kinda want mine to be the main character. :unsure:. That must sound awful 

1 hour ago, cohen205 said:

I am so ready for this tonight. Seeing as though the kids are off school, would it be wrong if we pulled an all nighter?

If I were a kid off school and the old man wanted to stay up with me playing the latest video game I'd have been over the fucking moon!

Do it! 

9 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

One thing I've read around time gating at the start of play.

speed running Animal Crossing just seems wrong - its a chill game, things take time to happen and unfurl at their own pace

27 minutes ago, Gotters said:

speed running Animal Crossing just seems wrong - its a chill game, things take time to happen and unfurl at their own pace

Exactly. People like that will be the same ones playing it for 12 hours a day and complaining there's not enough stuff to do. 

First sleep in the tent, yay!

And I've got a Penguin on my island. And a bloody cow who's already getting on my nerves. Can't wait to hit her with a fishing rod or something. Accidentally of course. It's Animal Crossing as I remember it, and it's wonderful!

So jelly. I have a digital copy preloaded and ready to go in less than 8 hours.

But the physical copy and Switch Lite case I ordered for the missus from Simply has gone awry, their system fucked up the Paypal transaction, and I only found out by checking my Simply order as I’d had no shipping email. It was stuck in digital limbo. Cancelled now, but a subsequent Amazon order not due until Saturday. No launch day play for her then. :hmm:

6 hours ago, Bojangle said:

ETdigNaWsAAX-65.thumb.jpg.f32ef69a7c1ff5102d0fb27423730577.jpg

Played for about an hour this morning before I had to switch off and do some work. Today is going to be a real test of my work from home willpower. :p

It's definitely Animal Crossing, and it's exactly what we all need in these shitty times. Can't wait to play some more.

Ban request

3 hours ago, letsbook said:

1522417272_IMG_9864(Small).JPG.25df422cb31506dda7e90c06c106b2db.JPG

Midnight in the UK is 8am over here. Perfect. The Malaysian government have us on lockdown for the next 2 weeks. I. AM. SO. READY. FOR. THIS.
It's also my wife's first proper AC so we're each having our own island. 

That, is flippin’ gorgeous.

Has it been confirmed if you can “move out” of a shared island and into your own island on another Switch yet? You could on some of the older games.

Basically, if someone plays on my Switch on my island, then they get their own Switch, can they transfer over?

Just now, sid said:

I’ve got 2 girls , both have their own switch

i also have one and have ordered it

do I need 3 copies for us to visit each other’s islands etc ????

£££

Yep

FWIW I’m calling my island Calypso. Firstly she was a Greek island goddess. Secondly it’s the name of Jacques Cousteau’s boat, and while there isn’t diving in this it has lots of lovely sea creatures. Thirdly I love John Denver and his ‘Calypso’ tribute to Cousteau is a gorgeous song that always gives me the feels.