rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Seriously, have you ever wanted a game more right now than this one? Even my missus can’t wait and she’s never played Animal Crossing “it just looks nice and peaceful and happy” :)

It’s quite incredible. My husband keeps going on about how he wants the Animal Crossing Switch despite not knowing anything about the game. It’s just so damn cute!

Its a bit like how my mum had a fun experience playing Wii Sports one time and bought a Wii the next week. It then sat gathering dust for years, having only been turned in once. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Seriously, have you ever wanted a game more right now than this one? Even my missus can’t wait and she’s never played Animal Crossing “it just looks nice and peaceful and happy” :)

Has a game ever been NEEDED more than this one?

• Upvote 7

Just now, Rex Grossman said:

Has a game ever been NEEDED more than this one?

Yeah man, I expect big sales numbers - Tom Nook will be in his element! 

5 hours ago, Popo said:

Its a bit like how my mum had a fun experience playing Wii Sports one time and bought a Wii the next week. It then sat gathering dust for years, having only been turned in once. 

Did she know how to load the game?

28 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Did she know how to load the game?

I don’t think she understands the concept of loading.

I wonder how they will deal with the megaphone for calling out to the characters? While it isn't always accurate on the 3DS, it does help when all I want to do is find the little sods to see if they plan on leaving.

Going to be quite sad stopping checking the 3DS game. I have checked it every single day since launch, but I plan on deleting the whole thing when this comes out. I can't cope with checking on the residents of two towns!

• Empathy 4

Does the switch online store preload?

never played an animal crossing game, but they’re even going to get the doubters like me playing just to get our minds off stuff.

huge sales figures.

4 minutes ago, footle said:

Does the switch online store preload?

yes, it pre-loads, the tile is sat there fully loading teasing us all who've bought digitally.

then you do have to put up with a 24h period when people who've paid less for a physical copy get it early from shop-to and the like as the digital store strictly adheres to the release date, but this really feels like a game that will benefit from being there digitally on the machine all the time and not needing a cart swap.

• Upvote 3

I don’t really care about 24hrs. My switches last cart is Labo...

I am so excited for this. We are having a baby a week on Tuesday and I think this will be the perfect game to play as the little man keeps us awake. I have avoided most trailers and news so am hoping for lots of little surprises. I haven’t played Animal Crossing since the GameCube.

• Upvote 5

On 13/03/2020 at 19:27, strider said:

My daughter made me a power point presentation on why I should buy her the new Animal Crossing Switch and it's gone crazy on Twitter :lol:

I hope you're getting her one now Darran.  She's earned it.

• Upvote 8

Gf bought this for me for valentines day, really hoping it gets delivered on the 20th. She bought direct from Nintendo. Anyone had any experience ordering direct from them? Reckon they will deliver on time? 

10 hours ago, majic said:

Gf bought this for me for valentines day, really hoping it gets delivered on the 20th. She bought direct from Nintendo. Anyone had any experience ordering direct from them? Reckon they will deliver on time? 

I did this too but I’ve got a horrible feeling they won’t even post it until the 20th. 

16 minutes ago, Laine said:

I did this too but I’ve got a horrible feeling they won’t even post it until the 20th. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2

Has anyone with two Switches have any advice in terms of needing to buy two copies of the game? Me and the wife would like to be able to play together but are unsure if this is possible with one copy of the game. I know a copy of the game is needed for individual islands but what about the game sharing feature?

16 minutes ago, letsbook said:

Has anyone with two Switches have any advice in terms of needing to buy two copies of the game? Me and the wife would like to be able to play together but are unsure if this is possible with one copy of the game. I know a copy of the game is needed for individual islands but what about the game sharing feature?

Other games normally only work using online mode. I share my digital game library with my son and have the Nintendo online family plan ... we can then play online together via the same digital copy installed on both switches. Lan play throws up an error though...

• Upvote 1

I think I want a Switch Lite just for this but I’m still confused about how it will work. 

This is what I want to be able to do:

Have a Switch Lite as my primary console to be able to play online or offline. 

Have my OG Switch at home (would be connected to WiFi) for the kids to play on a separate town and maybe me to have a house in that town too. 

Be able to play together (online) with the kids with me on the Lite and them on the OG Switch.

So what do I need? I’ve already got the digital download ready on the OG Switch. I’m happy to get a physical version for the Lite if it allows me to play at the same time as the kids. Also, presumably I’d need to upgrade my individual online sub to a family one? They are already in my family group on the OG. 

Phew, thanks for any advice!

Love stories like that!! :wub:

I remember my friend and I's characters were chatting in AC DS when he visited my town, while I was in Sweden. He told/wrote me he'd just proposed to his girlfriend. It just felt so weird/novel at the time!

29 minutes ago, Graham S retired said:

If you guys remember visiting Lucytown (named after my then tiny daughter) and its Space Museum on the Nintendo DS, Lucy is now old enough to drive, and won the UK National Space Design Championship at Imperial at the weekend, and is possibly off to NASA* for Internationals.

I don't know what the UK National Space Design Championship entails, but if her winning design didn't include a few strategically placed flower beds and a path made out of a custom low-res bitmap then I'll be sorely disappointed.

• Upvote 2