Animal Crossing: New Horizons

The moonlight effect in this is just gorgeous, they really, really get in there with attention to detail - watering flowers for example with the little droplets, it’s just :wub: 

27 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

There’s actually a pattern to how profitable money trees are, depending on the day of week of planting. 

What is it? There's so much mixed information about money trees - some saying that 10k is the maximum, some 33k, and then I've seen GIFs of people harvesting three 99k bags off one.

1 hour ago, skittles said:

Museum move was a SUCCESS.

And I've done something magnificent in the area and also in the area where it used to be...

Come check the new and improved Hyrule (with 20 new cherry blossom lanterns :lol: ) my bathroom is perfect now also.

Dodo code KROWS

Fossils for trade next to the excavation site.

51 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Any beards?

I've got a rounded beard in my catalogue I can post you?

If you applaud in front of Orville he blushes! Someone said this raises the chance of getting a rare island but that sounds unlikely.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got a rounded beard in my catalogue I can post you?

If you applaud in front of Orville he blushes! Someone said this raises the chance of getting a rare island but that sounds unlikely.

Can I get in on that sweet beardy action?

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

What is it? There's so much mixed information about money trees - some saying that 10k is the maximum, some 33k, and then I've seen GIFs of people harvesting three 99k bags off one.

Find where you glowing spot is today and put 30k in it, and move the tree to somewhere you can locate it. Do the same tomorrow, Sunday etc and the rest of the week. What you will find is some days have triple cash, some days just return the money to you. A pattern will appear. What happens on my island when I plant 30k.

Day 1 30k

Day 2 30k

Day 3 90k 

Day 4 30k

Day 5 90k

and repeat. 

However, if I put in more than 30k I don’t get single return, I would get less than what I planted on days that don’t triple the return. So it’s only worth planting on those Triple days as far as I can tell. So it’s worth saving and putting 99k in on just the triple days. 

I think you'll find on those cheaper days, if you'd only put in 10k you'd get 10k per bag. I think the rhythm is that 10k is the usual cap, and then some days the cap is much higher. So it's always worth planting, because you always triple your money up to the day's cap. You just don't always know what it is (it's always at least 10k.)

I wasn't expecting the credits to roll so soon. In fact, I wasn't expecting the credits to roll at all. Hopefully it's more a case of Nintendo sneaking the credits in early because the game is endless, rather than because I've seen most of what the game has to offer by now. How did older Animal Crossings handle this? I don't think I ever saw the credits roll in the GameCube one or the DS one. Or I could be forgetting.

Landscaping has unlocked much earlier than I expected too. I can see this being very addictive already...

3 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

That’s a thing?!!

1 minute ago, Nequests said:

Any idea what triggered it? Mine is still a shitey old shack.

I'm guessing it's ti d to the amount I have spent. I have spent millions. 

I will open my gates and you guys can have a look.

(Oh and if anyone can spare some clay that would be great. Can swap for cash or stone or iron nuggets)

I'm really trying to resist landscaping too much, and pushing myself to work within the natural shape of my island. The occasional slight shaping of a cliff or river to fit a building or something, but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

(Oh and if anyone can spare some clay that would be great. Can swap for cash or stone or iron nuggets)

I have loads of clay. Are we Switch friends? If not, dodo code me and I'll bring some over.

3 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I have loads of clay. Are we Switch friends? If not, dodo code me and I'll bring some over.

My switch details are on the first page :)

9 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I wasn't expecting the credits to roll so soon. In fact, I wasn't expecting the credits to roll at all. Hopefully it's more a case of Nintendo sneaking the credits in early because the game is endless, rather than because I've seen most of what the game has to offer by now. How did older Animal Crossings handle this? I don't think I ever saw the credits roll in the GameCube one or the DS one. Or I could be forgetting.

Congrats on beating the game.

Anyone have spare recipes or can make me cherry-blossom bonsai and cherry-blossom flooring (not sakura wood)?

They're the only two I'm missing from the set. Would pay a gold nugget for each, plus anything else I have that you might need.