Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

Open for friends list, forget to do it via code but if anyone fancies a trip. 

Nips are only 56 or something offensive but I've got all the fruits if anyone needs still and can make/ send anything you like the look of. 

15 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Fucking hell. It’s total bollocks that it’s easy to move buildings around. 50K to move my shop a little bit to the right and further back so I can get Able in next to it?? And from what I understand, the old one stays until the new one is built. So I can’t even place Able yet. 

Fucks sake. Go fuck yourself Tom. Stripey trashy cunt. 

Yeah it's a nightmare. 

I need to move some houses 1 grid space and it requires me building them way out the way, wait a couple days, buy again, put down the house kit, wait again. 

It's another reason I'm giving the game a rest. 

2684CDA9-DBEE-4F17-81DC-83CD79EA3B9F.thumb.jpeg.be62457fb1ae68a5bfdeab36f3b370cf.jpeg

5A7E2FFC-5AD8-4EED-9F2C-F75036C18868.jpeg.538e7e62a0d370e523a71c6a7f4050e0.jpeg

I am so sad :( I spent 50K and can’t even do what I want. Now I’m stuck having to move it. I guess my only option is to move it far away, finish moving it, then move it back again. 

And it all eats into the time and money I could be using on Able. 

Wouldn’t be so bad if I’d managed to buy 100K of turnips so I at least had the money. 

Just now, NexivRed said:

I’m on 150 hours in less than 2 weeks and I don’t even have the clothes shop yet :lol:

Spoiler

How come? Have you not built your 3 new residents house plots yet? Or maybe not spoke to Able enough when she visits you?

13 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:
  Hide contents

How come? Have you not built your 3 new residents house plots yet? Or maybe not spoke to Able enough when she visits you?

I only received it day before yesterday after she’d visited for the third time, and I haven’t placed it yet. 

This is the first time I’ve seen hours played instead of “10 days played”. 

So my fancy boulevard is underway, the Bamboo Heights residential estate just needs some houses moving, and my luxury cliff side house landscaping in progress. It’s actually really nice the game stops you rushing - the sense of achievement as something takes shape over several days is wonderful  

Anyway, open for visitors if anyone is bored. 

On the subject of playtime, my other half has never been into any video games of any kind apart from years back, some farming crap on her ipad. 

I cannot get her off of the switch! it's all she wants to do! I guess lockdown has helped but it's just activated something in her and she's playing it more than I am. But I'm actually glad now that she couldn't get her own switch for it. We're treating the island as "ours" and consulting each other before any moving is going on. Designing the area outside our two houses , eg fences, flours, furniture is this creative group project. It's lovely (forgetting the fact that we could do this for our ACTUAL HOUSE THAT WE ACTUALLY LIVE IN). 

I thought this might be a gateway into her trying some other two player games but if it aint AC, she aint trying it. 

On the subject of moving buildings - it annoys me that you cannot move a building 'slightly'. Because the current building is 'in the way' of the existing building. Even though it's the same building. Maybe this is realistic, maybe this is Nook being a fucking jobsworth.

1 minute ago, cowfields said:

On the subject of playtime, my other half has never been into any video games of any kind apart from years back, some farming crap on her ipad. 

I cannot get her off of the switch!

This mirrors my situation. We bought another Switch (lite).

I tend to layout my flowers carefully in a diamond pattern - with as many reds next to whites and reds next to yellow as I can. If any flowers grow in the gaps, then they get dug out and moved, until I get enough hybrids to plant them next to each other.

Then it's just a matter of watering them everyday, but doesn't everyone do that after the shops have shut? :)

Examples:

Spoiler

EU7mtHeUMAElUJb?format=jpg&name=large

EU7mtHLVAAEUDFi?format=jpg&name=large

EU7mtHYUEAAL5q6?format=jpg&name=large

And even then I only have about 15 hybrids. No cosmo, rose, tulip or lilly hybrids yet. Other people have been lucky enough to get a hybrid flower island - I've not seen one of those yet.

4 minutes ago, Danster said:

I tend to layout my flowers carefully in a diamond pattern - with as many reds next to whites and reds next to yellow as I can. If any flowers grow in the gaps, then they get dug out and moved, until I get enough hybrids to plant them next to each other.

Then it's just a matter of watering them everyday, but doesn't everyone do that after the shops have shut? :)

Examples:

Hide contents

EU7mtHeUMAElUJb?format=jpg&name=large

EU7mtHLVAAEUDFi?format=jpg&name=large

EU7mtHYUEAAL5q6?format=jpg&name=large

And even then I only have about 15 hybrids. No cosmo, rose, tulip or lilly hybrids yet. Other people have been lucky enough to get a hybrid flower island - I've not seen one of those yet.

How much for some Red Moms and Blue Pansys?

I can offer money or pink cosmos/orange tulips 

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

How much for some Red Moms and Blue Pansys?

I can offer money or pink cosmos/orange tulips 

Swaps are better than Bells. I got some Pink Mums too - I could spare three of those and the blue pansies, but got loads of red mums - can you exchange flowers though?