rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

The eggs are pissing me off. The bunny is a twat. Half of my fish are eggs. Fucking balloons flying over my head every minute. 

Sooner Easter Bunny Day is over the better. 

10 hours ago, skittles said:

What have I done?

50 quid for the set. Not too bad.

15858936135204921684871280138385.thumb.jpg.e2c1b2353e30148d5d49d42b3afa6074.jpg

What do they do in-game?

Right you horrible lot, I’ve not opened in a few days....

104PT

Have as much fruit as you like, mind the flowers ;)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Azrael said:

What do they do in-game?

Virtually nothing.

11 hours ago, Flub said:

You can pay to move it eventually

No, that building isn’t on the list. 

It’s really annoying cos my first bridge is right behind it. The one to my shop. Can’t fucking see it or anything. I was really happy with that set up. 

Looks like I’m going to have to terraform and move stuff after all :angry:

3 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Nexiv managed to do her hole on the ground with the pro editor but I can't find any option to place pro designs on the ground, only create clothes and place mannequins. I can place ground tiles with the basic editor. What am I missing or is it something I need to unlock?

No I didn’t. I can only design clothes in the pro one. That’s on the regular ground tab. Count the pixels. 

2 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

I now have 8 money trees providing 30000 each and growing. 

Going to try with 99999 bags from here on out and see if it works. 

Ahhh, are you digging up bags but planting bigger bags in the golden holes??

Anyone interested in buying some pink roses or orange roses? They are usually hybrids so quite a pain to get I believe. I'm totally skint as I just paid off the loan for my first extra room.

Oh @spork :wub:

Spoiler

5D576F9F-CF58-424C-9D09-2FB50FE03554.thumb.jpeg.377601891b14fcad075fec5e346201f8.jpeg

I have some nice, basic furniture in my shop today. I shan’t be buying the two one off items so they’ll be up for grabs. 

2197A91D-6773-49A5-BE1B-F6886ECC11C4.thumb.jpeg.3c07402158292f1de4f28862820205d3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, kris_doe said:

Do the non Animal Crossing Amiibos do anything? 

you can go to Harvey’s island and the amino calls that specific animal for a photo shoot. Some other things too

Lol. I complained to the yellow dog secretary about one of my islanders. About why he says because he’s always going on about the fucking gym. Will it boot him off? :lol:

• Upvote 1

I've seen a few people ask the same, but is there a definite answer yet as to why some people have not seen the bunny and are not getting eggs?  I hate the event as much and anyone else, but my wife still wants to take part and nothing has happened in her game at all.  The clock is set correctly and she got the blossom trees on the 1st, and the software is up to date, 1.1.2 yesterday and 1.1.3 today.  She hasn't had any of the event start blocking visitors either.

I doubt it will do anything, but I have just given her some eggs and bunny recipes to see if that does anything to force it to start in her game.

3 hours ago, Weavus said:

Come to my town (Dodo Code FFH0L) or anyone else that has a tailor shop and spend some bells on new threads!

Tried to visit but assume I can only do that if you’re online?

Is there a way to place inclines so they are along a cliff face (parallel to it) rather than just stuck out at 90 degrees taking up precious space?

I’m trying but it just doesn’t seem to want to know, despite me being sure I’ve seen it somewhere.

57 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Right you horrible lot, I’ve not opened in a few days....

104PT

Have as much fruit as you like, mind the flowers ;)

Nice work, need those neon lights my word <3

• Upvote 1

How many stupid Bunny Day recipes are there and what's the total amount of these crap eggs I need in order to eventually craft all this shite? 

44 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

How many orange rose plants do you have? 

Quite a few, will get back to ya.

37 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I've seen a few people ask the same, but is there a definite answer yet as to why some people have not seen the bunny and are not getting eggs?  I hate the event as much and anyone else, but my wife still wants to take part and nothing has happened in her game at all.  The clock is set correctly and she got the blossom trees on the 1st, and the software is up to date, 1.1.2 yesterday and 1.1.3 today.  She hasn't had any of the event start blocking visitors either.

I doubt it will do anything, but I have just given her some eggs and bunny recipes to see if that does anything to force it to start in her game.

We couldn't get anything to work. Ended up making a Nintendo account and linking it to the lite which seemed to sort it out. Might have just been a coincidence mind!

26 minutes ago, Azrael said:

How many stupid Bunny Day recipes are there and what's the total amount of these crap eggs I need in order to eventually craft all this shite? 

Yeah, and do we have to find and make all of them, or just make the ones we’ve found to get the prize?

I made all the shitty clothes, but I’ve not caught enough water eggs to come up with the recipe yet. 

40 Recipes in Total including the 3 you get on the 12th, done mine, now got to put up with 10 days of these pissing Eggs while I wait 

Is there any way of redeeming multiple bell vouchers at once? I’ve got tonnes of Nook miles and they’re pretty worthless apart from these. 

9 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

40 Recipes in Total including the 3 you get on the 12th, done mine, now got to put up with 10 days of these pissing Eggs while I wait 

To be fair, each egg is worth 200 a pop at Nook's, which is more than the avarage scrub-tier fish you'll probably catch anyway.  Plus they stack up to 30.

I've now setup crafting benches on the beach. and/or residents nearby for bait crafting :lol:

7 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Fucking hell. I am so sick of sky eggs. They’ve ruined balloons for me. 

Fuck off with shitty events. 

Edit: only found 27 :( 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Strafe said:

Also, I think the algorithm or whatever it is for Bunny Day is off. It’s just silly now. Used a nook mikes ticket and went to an island where all I could farm were earth eggs, all I could fish were water eggs etc etc. And it all looks so ghastly.

Yeah, it has killed my enthusiasm for the game almost stone dead.

I have no motivation to fish anymore, balloons are just recipes for egg things or yet more eggs. I think I will get a few more fruit trees growing, harvest them every few days, and then step back until the whole egg thing is done.

• Upvote 1

12 days is too much. (See also: 3 days)

I played a fair bit of Pocket Camp where this event was more fun, communal, not intrusive to other aspects of the game and had better rewards. Not sure how Nintendo managed to downgrade from Pocket Camp but here we are.

IIRC Zipper bought all the eggs you had left over after the event closed in Pocket Camp so hopefully it will be similar to Flick’s values for bugs in this so some good can come of it all.

I will hear the whooshing sound in my nightmares.

I have a huge bone to pick with Nintendo. The controls. 

I am still struggling with pressing the wrong buttons after a week of using the Switch. I don’t think they’re intuitive at all. 

It’s not just the fact “action” and “cancel” are swapped compared to many other games on the other controllers (perhaps all), but even when working though the menus etc. The number of times I turn the fucking lights on and off in my house instead of opening storage. Since when was inventory anything other than up??

And I have proof it’s not just me being old and shit.
I gave the controls to my almost 6 year old today to have a play. Within seconds he was navigating to the net and catching bugs and choosing the slingshot to get balloons. He’s picked it up super quick. 
Yet he’s pressing wrong buttons as well. Cancelling actions instead of completing them etc. It’s just not intuitive at all. My kids become excellent at games in a very short space of time. All kids inclined towards gaming do. So the controls fucking suck.

I must have played over 50 hours by now in a week, and I’m still making mistakes all the time. Fucking kicking my paths away or accidentally picking flowers. I’m surprised the controllers haven’t gone through the fucking television.  

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

Is there a way to place inclines so they are along a cliff face (parallel to it) rather than just stuck out at 90 degrees taking up precious space?

I’m trying but it just doesn’t seem to want to know, despite me being sure I’ve seen it somewhere.

I'm sure someone mention they've seen that this can be done, maybe when you can do the terraforming?