rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 minutes ago, spanx said:

Sorry to be a broken record, can anyone selling red/yellow cosmos seeds open up. I would like to purchase some if you’d be so kind

1 minute ago, spanx said:

I am now :)

Needed to update. 

On my way!. Will bring Cosmos. 

Thanks Rayn. 

Although just had a massive facepalm moment. Got red and yellow cosmos growing :doh:

Still more would be useful

8 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Can you really? Much much later? I can move everything but the plaza. My understanding is that the plaza cannot be moved

Crap. I was sure I saw it in my list. Aw well. Shame.

So I’ve now got different music that plays throughout the day and I am totally hooked on the music that plays in the morning. :wub:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

The Nooks are in for a treat this morning. 

IMG_20200403_080848.jpg

Best listen out for tribalistic chants about Mount Wannahockaloogie and nip any escape plans in the bud. 

• Upvote 2

Got CJ last night. Pretty sure he’s a scamming cunt, telling me he’ll buy my fish at a high price but then offering far less than Timmy and Tommy.

Cunts, all of them.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

Got CJ last night. Pretty sure he’s a scamming cunt, telling me he’ll buy my fish at a high price but then offering far less than Timmy and Tommy.

Cunts, all of them.

Spoiler

He offered me just over 10k for a bunch of fish that T&T were offering about 6.5k for, if memory serves correct.

11 minutes ago, Squigs said:

Hide contents

He offered me just over 10k for a bunch of fish that T&T were offering about 6.5k for, if memory serves correct.

I was offered 3000 for a pocket full of carp and sea bass. That seemed awfully low.

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

I was offered 3000 for a pocket full of carp and sea bass. That seemed awfully low.

They are only 300 and 400 bells, respectively, so it's not as if the extra 12.5% Flick gives you would've made a lot of difference. 

Who do I have to bribe to completely remove Black & Sea Bass from my game? The day I never have to catch one of those pricks again will be a happy one.

• Upvote 5

I've got this on the way now - played & loved the GC and DS versions back in the day.

Without my trawling through the thread and spoiling anything, can someone please remind me what choices you make from the beginning re names etc?

I want to play this with my daughter so probably going to go with Arendelle (Frozen) as my village's name but can't remember if you choose character, gender, names of other villagers etc as you go on.. also if I can set her up a character to wander about as.

Thanks!

Just now, Baz said:

I've got this on the way now - played & loved the GC and DS versions back in the day.

Without my trawling through the thread and spoiling anything, can someone please remind me what choices you make from the beginning re names etc?

I want to play this with my daughter so probably going to go with Arendelle (Frozen) as my village's name but can't remember if you choose character, gender, names of other villagers etc as you go on.. also if I can set her up a character to wander about as.

Thanks!

Your name and your village name is set. Character names are set for you. Pretty much everything else can be changed later, including your appearance, house location, etc. Not sure if you can change your gender later, but you can certainly look like the opposite gender at any point so I doubt it matters.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

Who do I have to bribe to completely remove Black & Sea Bass from my game? The day I never have to catch one of those pricks again will be a happy one.

“Oooh that’s definitely a bigger shadow than a sea bass, definitely. I’m 100% sure. I’m going to bet my children on it. This time I’m gonna strike fish gold. It could be a marlin, or a tuna... or an oar f....... fucking sea bass”

Every. Time

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Not worth doing any fishing on larger shadows for the next ten days, if it's not a Sea Bass it's a water egg. :hmm:

At least I got a pretty dress out of this horrible event :)

EUqmErjUMAEjBsp?format=jpg&name=large

• Empathy 1

Can anyone advise me how I discover a ladder?  That top part of the island looks enticing or do I just need to wait to progress.

Just want to make sure I've not overlooked anything stupid.

3 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Can anyone advise me how I discover a ladder?  That top part of the island looks enticing or do I just need to wait to progress.

Just want to make sure I've not overlooked anything stupid.

Keep doing what Tom Nook asks you to do and you'll eventually get it. You need it for one of the tasks anyway.

32 minutes ago, spanx said:

“Oooh that’s definitely a bigger shadow than a sea bass, definitely. I’m 100% sure. I’m going to bet my children on it. This time I’m gonna strike fish gold. It could be a marlin, or a tuna... or an oar f....... fucking sea bass”

Every. Time

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. :(

I used a nook mikes ticket thinking sure a deserted island in the middle of no where will be  free from eggs. But no the demented Easter rabbit has infected those too. 

• Upvote 1

Have my second room set up

Now, I am wondering if it is possible to make a Dexter kill room in my basement when I get that. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Visit mine. Got a crap load of fossils you can have. 

If you're open I'll come dump some.

41 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

Not worth doing any fishing on larger shadows for the next ten days, if it's not a Sea Bass it's a water egg. :hmm:

Eggs are only size 3. Bass are size 5. 4 is red snapper. 6 is the good stuff. (From memory)

Tried my hand at a bit of terraforming this morning, must admit I’m quite proud of my Well Island!

52668-A40-6-B92-4-D7-B-A899-6-E7384-D95-

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, skittles said:

If you're open I'll come dump some.

I’ll open in a minute. Just finishing making bread. Real life bread

edit: @skittles open now

33 minutes ago, spanx said:

I’ll open in a minute. Just finishing making bread. Real life bread

edit: @skittles open now

Coming 

Out of the 9 I swapped, I was missing 2 from the museum :D @spanx

Island is looking amazing btw.

Also... posters! :D

15859081145152645924306417379787.jpg

@skittles that’s ace! And thanks for the nice words. 

I picked up everything you dropped all excited - got one thing that completed a skeleton!

Getting very rare to find a new fossil now - the long game is going to be looooong to track down the last few.