Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Mr Do 71

1 hour ago, Flub said:

If anyone wants a cheap Isabelle amiibo (And why wouldn't you honestly) go here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Crossing-Amiibo-Festival-Nintendo/dp/B016BCC3NC

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for the Wii U

£9.90 with two amiibos.

This pack was £4 in Poundland a couple of years ago. They had piles of them.

14 minutes ago, skittles said:

How to build on perfection. 

That's fair enough. I'm going to get it whatever, as my Daughter cant wait, but Nintendo seem to have really pushed the boat out with some franchises (Mario odyssey, BOTW), whereas they seemed to have left AC in the past a bit.

I guess i was just expecting a bit more....

12 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

It might look like more of the same on the surface, and that’s how they’ve presented it so far, but the hook will be the events like when Splatoon crossed over to Pocket Camp and I lost my shit.

20180913_News_02_Image_02.png

Will need a Mario Sunshine crossover to clean all that up.

45 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

That's fair enough. I'm going to get it whatever, as my Daughter cant wait, but Nintendo seem to have really pushed the boat out with some franchises (Mario odyssey, BOTW), whereas they seemed to have left AC in the past a bit.

I guess i was just expecting a bit more....

I haven’t played one since the DS so I’m quite happy. I guess there’s probably a few things they haven’t revealed yet, too.

1 minute ago, meatbin said:

I also haven't played since the DS version, and I have one question...

If I play this, and leave it for a few months (missing a lot of real-time time), does my progress or island degrade in anyway?  

Your Island will turn into a desolate hellscape in which there is more shitty grass knocking about and several of your mates will have left.

So you're really going to have to log in every day. 

FYI the physical AC amiibo don’t do much in New Horizons at all. Basically as they are all ‘special characters’ they only unlock the ability to buy a poster of that character for your villager’s home.

The AC amiibo cards (the 383 non-special characters) however allow you to invite said character temporarily to your campground. And then you can try to browbeat them to stay on your island permanently.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The state of that rug. Jesus.

There's an inevitable level of staining that you just have to accept with ritual sacrifice.

1 hour ago, Rex Grossman said:

This pack was £4 in Poundland a couple of years ago. They had piles of them.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.

53 minutes ago, meatbin said:

I also haven't played since the DS version, and I have one question...

If I play this, and leave it for a few months (missing a lot of real-time time), does my progress or island degrade in anyway?  

Not since the last one. New Leaf on the 3DS had a mayoral option for your village not to degrade, so I'd be surprised if they rolled back a feature that was so welcomed. They seem to be ironing out the niggling stuff, one example being the way the grass no longer dies under your feet.

every bug my wife catches could have been mine, every museum discovery and rare item bought. MINE. 

Nah, I think it's more fun to share the island but I can see how it'd be annoying for some families if there's an imbalance of who gets time to play. 

12 minutes ago, milko said:

every bug my wife catches could have been mine, every museum discovery and rare item bought. MINE. 

Nah, I think it's more fun to share the island but I can see how it'd be annoying for some families if there's an imbalance of who gets time to play. 

Although I'm looking forward to sharing an island with my daughter I don't want a situation where I end up getting all the cool stuff on my commute meaning she misses out.

6 hours ago, deKay said:

She was so excited only dogs could hear her.

6 hours ago, deKay said:

Heh. Only problem now is the icon which will taunt for a month.

I know that pain also! Even worse after the direct! 

6 hours ago, Strafe said:

Nintendo could just put dedicated servers up and/or make item transfers online only. That sounds a bit more reasonable to me.

And this would allow you to visit friends islands when they’re offline(and have yours visited).  

20 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Where is the best place to buy Amiibo cards and how good/useful/fun do we think they'll be?

You can buy pirate nfc amiibo cards on Etsy and eBay usually. I think I paid £15 for a full set of Mario kart ones a couple of years back and they worked fine.