rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Ugh. Do we have to craft all those shit egg clothes to get the reward?? I have no space to store such frivolous trash. 

4 hours ago, Mike S said:

Ooh, loads of new fish and bugs today.

From big fish (Blue Marlin and Tuna) to little ones (Seahorse and Clownfish) and awesomely named ones (Zebra Turkeyfish!). It's nice to catch something different from bloody Horse Mackerel and Sea Bass.

I am collecting eggs too although have no idea why.

Also, blossom!

Finally, Flo the Penguin has started singing along to a little radio I left out in the open. She is excellent as is Moose the Mouse who has given me the nickname 'Iron M', which they are both now happily using.

I have caught literally nothing but Eggs! All day long

3 minutes ago, Strafe said:

That **** sold me some white chocolate flooring on a blind buy. I hate him.

Do fish tanks automatically have lights? I gave my football fish to the museum.

Walk up to them and press A. Also turns on the football fish...

Awww can’t we have new fish and bug types etc put into spoiler tags? I love finding them out myself rather than knowing what to expect :( 

1 minute ago, CovisGod said:

I have caught literally nothing but Eggs! All day long

I've had a fair few eggs too. 

A rabbit just told me there are six types but I've only found five so that is bugging me a little...

Just now, NexivRed said:

Awww can’t we have new fish and bug types etc put into spoiler tags? I love finding them out myself :( 

Maybe pictures but, even, then I've seen fish in tanks on other folk's islands that I hadn't seen myself. For example, I saw oarfish on here way before I ever caught one. Same for stringfish although I never saw those as can't be arsed to grind for bait..

Names of fish don't bother me at all though. Nor furniture, fixtures, and  fittings.

I’m mainly after kitchen furniture to be a bit more specific (thanks for all the kind offers though). I seem to have picked up a whole world of gadgets and crap, but nothing furniture wise at all. Looking on at all your gaffs with envy.

Any tips on getting more furniture/recipes?

5 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Maybe pictures but, even, then I've seen fish in tanks on other folk's islands that I hadn't seen myself. For example, I saw

Spoiler

oarfish

on here way before I ever caught one. Same for

Spoiler

stringfish

although I never saw those as can't be arsed to grind for bait..

Names of fish don't bother me at all though. Nor furniture, fixtures, and  fittings.

:D

1 minute ago, mrpranny said:

The spoiler wasn't working

Yeah, it was.

I still don't get your point.

Just now, Mike S said:

Yeah, it was.

I still don't get your point.

I added spoilers

12 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Maybe pictures but, even, then I've seen fish in tanks on other folk's islands that I hadn't seen myself. For example, I saw oarfish on here way before I ever caught one. Same for stringfish although I never saw those as can't be arsed to grind for bait..

Okay.... I’m just saying that seeing a list of loads of the new stuff the day it’s released, so I know what’s to come and the surprise is ruined, bothers me...

I was just asking. 

35 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Omg @spork, your poem :wub: :lol:

Took me ages to come up with that.

1 minute ago, NexivRed said:

Okay.... I’m just saying that seeing a list of loads of new the new stuff the day it’s released so I know what’s to come and the surprise is ruined, bothers me...

I was just asking. 

Hardy a list of loads of new stuff. A couple of fish from dozens...

Images are much worse as spoilers - I saw photos of folk holding oarfish, with them in paddling pools, etc way before I caught one and I'm not in this thread all day so miss a ton of posts which is a bit annoying as it's such an oddball of a fish. There has also been plenty of talk of fish and bug types all through this thread...

Bear in mind that eggs can be eaten like fruit, so it's a cheap way to dig up trees. I've been moving mine around all day and now have a dedicated orchard area with fruit trees only ^_^

51 minutes ago, spanx said:

Has anyone got any good kitchen stuff they’d sell/trade/give me? Just to get something started. I’m happy to make things in return. 

I’m open for visits if people want to poke around and ask for stuff I have I can order in return

Thanks in advance. 

I have a lot of kitchen stuff so I would be able to order you some. 

Espresso machine

rice cooker

mixer

scales

knife rack

spice rack 

oven

bamboo rice steamer. 

Will be online in about half an hour so I will have a proper look.

Fucking all change and busy on my island today. Obviously that creepy Bugs Bunny fuck is here with all his eggs, first new villager has moved in, Celeste is here for some reason and some beatnik called Harv is pottering about stoned out of his face and talking gibberish. And there's cherry blossom, and new bugs and new fish and OMG so much!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Hardy a list of loads of new stuff. A couple of fish from dozens...

Images are much worse as spoilers - I saw photos of folk holding oarfish, with them in paddling pools, etc way before I caught one and I'm not in this thread all day so miss a ton of posts which is a bit annoying as it's such an oddball of a fish. There has also been plenty of talk of fish and bug types all through this thread...

I’m struggling to see why you can’t separate the sharing of brand new stuff the day it comes out, to people sharing images of items that have been long available. Unless you’re wilfully choosing not to. 

I now try to avoid looking at spoilers stuff in towns or on here, and I’m going to try and be more mindful about what I post so surprises aren’t ruined for others.

It’s hard when you just start the game and happen to see people share things you’ve not yet seen, but I still think there’s a complete difference between stumbling upon that, and finding out about brand new stuff only hours in. 

Unless you’ve got a literal issue with posting it in spoiler tags, what’s the problem? I only asked because I said it affected me negatively. 
Is your answer really, “no screw you, I’ll post what I like”? Because that doesn’t seem like you. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I’m struggling to see why you can’t separate the sharing of brand new stuff the day it comes out, to people sharing images of items that have been long available. Unless you’re wilfully choosing not to. 

I now try to avoid looking at spoilers stuff in towns or on here, and I’m going to try and be more mindful about what I post so surprises aren’t ruined for others.

It’s hard when you just start the game and happen to see people share things you’ve not yet seen, but I still think there’s a complete difference between stumbling upon that, and finding out about brand new stuff only hours in. 

Unless you’ve got a literal issue with posting it in spoiler tags, what’s the problem? I only asked because I said it affected me negatively. 
Is your answer really, “no screw you, I’ll post what I like”? Because that doesn’t seem like you. 

We're done here.

3 hours ago, Mike S said:

I don't know that reference...

He’s an informant who resides in an underground layer surrounded by banks of CCTV monitors and exotic fish tanks.

13 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I have a lot of kitchen stuff so I would be able to order you some. 

rice cooker

bamboo rice steamer. 

Will be online in about half an hour so I will have a proper look.

I'd be interested in one of each of these too, please! 

Thanks @Kieran, oven and rice cooker would be awesome. If there’s anything you’re after let me know - you never know 

Added another three items to my Hard Rock Cafe today but still don't really have enough to move from the small back room into my main room. In terms of instruments I have black, wood and blue electric guitars, marimbas and a saxophone, does anyone have anything else? Could do with a large kitchen appliance, ideally a cooker. Sorted for small appliances. Anything suitable for the wall maybe too? 

3 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Added another three items to my Hard Rock Cafe today but still don't really have enough to move from the small back room into my main room. In terms of instruments I have black, wood and blue electric guitars, marimbas and a saxophone, does anyone have anything else? Could do with a large kitchen appliance, ideally a cooker. Sorted for small appliances. Anything suitable for the wall maybe too? 

I have a neon diner wall clock?

Celeste in the house so I assume shooting stars on the way...