rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

It is, I’ll send you one :)

Cheers man, Jetman from Winslow. Embarrassed to ask but do you actually need anything ;)

Anything anyone wants me to order just say, help yourself to fruit, loads growing further back on the island :)

3 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Cheers man, Jetman from Winslow. Embarrassed to ask but do you actually need anything ;)

I’m after anything Kitchen / Diner / Sweets at the minute, that’s my next theme :)

2 hours ago, spork said:

Anyone else loving dressing up in the wardrobe? I seem to have discovered a love for cross dressing :eyebrows:

20200328_174251.thumb.jpg.935a5f7a18c03a70d691bcf9c6f8eec7.jpg20200328_174156.thumb.jpg.d1f50ee736ceaa66aed1c5b3b9ac72f8.jpg

:wub:

Makes a change to running around in your underpants in MMOs!

I've not had much experience with Animal Crossing games (I think played some of Wild World?) and I'd not really put a good amount of time into this one. Until today that is. Man, once it gets it hooks into you, it hard to put it down. I don't really know what I'm doing but I am having a ton of fun doing it. So much so that I renewed my expired Nintendo Switch Online today to do jump into the online side.

So if anyone wants to add me, feel free! 

My switch code is:  SW-0860-0181-4149

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

I’m after anything Kitchen / Diner / Sweets at the minute, that’s my next theme :)

Pink food mixer in my shop today, got an automatic Washing machine and can order an American style diner counter. Would love a pinball table please. 

Just now, MagicalDrop said:

Pink food mixer in my shop today, got an automatic Washing machine and can order an American style diner counter. Would love a pinball table please. 

ooooh 100% would like the counter please! I’ll order you the pinball table :)

9 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Anything anyone wants me to order just say, help yourself to fruit, loads growing further back on the island :)

I had a minor heart attack at the size of your orchard.

• Upvote 2

This pause for people coming and going is a bit tedious...

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Loz Boz said:

I can’t get in, it says there’s interference on the Nookphone :( 

You just need to keep trying. Nintendo (in their infinite wisdom) decided that they won't let people travel to towns where someone is having a conversation or looking at their phone...

You reckon they can tinker with the loading screens when people come and go. They are really annoying. 

Screw paving, I love my planks. The transparency aspect of the designer is brilliant.

I just wish laying it was easier. One tile at a time takes forever. 

7D3363B1-CAB4-4ECA-B83F-4EFC546DA515.thumb.jpeg.1f13df6188646908360e1594bb52efc5.jpeg

Also, I’ve nearly filled all my custom design slots :( why can’t they give you like 100 of them?? They’re single handedly the thing that can make your island completely unique. 

Anyone got any other design suggestions? I made a hopscotch. 

D31B4E62-A5B3-46E9-AC49-189B2F2C9BA1.thumb.jpeg.da56ad71b78c60e36e0b2e2650d4e6e6.jpeg

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

ooooh 100% would like the counter please! I’ll order you the pinball table :)

Pinball table!?! Can I trade you one for something?

Just now, psycho_fox said:

Pinball table!?! Can I trade you one for something?

you can have one bud, I have a spare :)

• Upvote 1

Can I ask what is the process and ettiquette aroy=und visiting other peoples islands?  I don't really have any online friends being the sad loner that I am but it sounds like you are all doing some mad stuff which I have no comprehension of yet.  I am still living out of my tent (today has been the first real sit down with the game).

I am not sure I will see all of what this offers as my normally available playtime is in the evenings so my island is primarly going to be a nocturnal one.

My AC fishing grind/Doctor Who watch on Britbox is proceeding well. Paid off another loan, have two bridges, a slope under construction and I'm up to The Keys of Marinus.

It's really nice to have Isabelle on the Island.

• Upvote 1

I know we're stuck with it forever, but if Nintendo is loading in everything of one character all at once as they arrive, boy do I wish they'd stream what they could in the background and reduce the load. I.e. load in the character model and essential data, but have your inventory greyed out until it's stream loaded a touch later, same with your personal crafting menu stream loaded in the background too (that info follows you as you can craft in someone's village). A packed island frustrates fast sometimes.

• Upvote 2

I think so far, my favourite thing about Animal Crossing is seeing what everyone is called on their Switch, what with some being family consoles. You can tell who gets the luxury of being single in that regard. Who’s literally “MumandDad”? :lol: 

23 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Screw paving, I love my planks. The transparency aspect of the designer is brilliant.

I just wish laying it was easier. One tile at a time takes forever. 

Stand in the centre of the area you want to pave and fill it out, then erase the the bits you don't want after.

Would be nice if we could plonk 9 bits down at once, though.

I'm probably going to wait until I can stick walls down before I continue with the rest of my island.

Edit - nevermind - I see what your going for.

I was laughing about 'MumDad' earlier in the thread, tickles me hard for some reason.

Loving that plank texture.

Bentopia is open again for night owls:

1B7CR

It's a bit rural.

3 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

I was laughing about 'MumDad' earlier in the thread, tickles me hard for some reason.

Loving that plank texture.

Thanks. Went through a few designs. There are three tiles; a middle a right edge and a left edge.

I did make a design that had no connecting parts on the top and bottom lines, but for some reason it just didn’t look right on the floor. Despite the fact it should have looked better than having half height planks. But meh. 

Hardest part was trying to vary the colour to make it less monotonous, but to still try and match up all edges to each other! As middle sections can be laid above and below either edge part. 

God, you get a medal if you get through all that plank text. How boring lol :lol:

You sometimes don't know until you put it into the environment. I'd not be surprised if Animal Crossing creates a whole new generation of pixel art tileset artists. 

19 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

you can have one bud, I have a spare :)

Thanks much. Let me know when I can pop by, unless you can post it without us visiting each other. Clearly I’m not sure how it all works!

I am ready to buy turnips tomorrow! Managed to pay off a loan and still have nearly 300k left over. 

• Upvote 3

Have to say, the shop opening times is shite. It’s not going to work with my insomnia style play. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Have to say, the shop opening times is shite. It’s not going to work with my insomnia style play. 

It’s not too bad. I generally wake up about 5ish now if I’m having a good night. So the it’s AC new day time. Usually do all I can then do something else till the shop opens at 8.00.  

May be more problematic if it was nighttime insomnia mind.

5 minutes ago, cassidy said:

It’s not too bad. I generally wake up about 5ish now if I’m having a good night. So the it’s AC new day time. Usually do all I can then do something else till the shop opens at 8.00.  

May be more problematic if it was nighttime insomnia mind.

That’s me. I’m up all night. Yesterday I did 26 hours. Nighttime is my quiet time as well. But now can’t sell stuff for max. 

Is there a maximum on house storage?

Thanks @CovisGod for the fruit! You need to build a caravan park though :D 

• Upvote 1