rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

25 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is there anything that I should really not sell off in the early stages of game.  I've only just said I want a home building and taken the loan.  - Iron nuggets, maybe, early on.  You can get them...in places...but they can be exhausted relatively quickly.  Apart from that, just anything you like that you want to keep in your home.  

It says it will start tomorrow so does this mean that I physically have to wait until tomorrow? - Yep!

If I drop my stuff on the floor in my tent will it stay there? - Yep!

What happens when I eat stuff? - You get stronger, so you smash rocks in one hit, instead of bashing them for goodies.  So just one goodie, and an insect.  

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to get rocks back/transport rocks from other islands? My kids have just systematically eaten a load of cherries and busted most of the rocks on the island.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Closing cos I need to get wood. 

:eyebrows:

13 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

Is there a way to get rocks back/transport rocks from other islands? My kids have just systematically eaten a load of cherries and busted most of the rocks on the island.

According to this you will get it back tomorrow. 

Got my son doing busy work for me now. Paying him 2000 bells per day to do the weeding, collecting clams and crafting fish food. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Rob Rule said:

We need a PSA on every page for new players that running through flowers breaks them, and that they're crafting ingredients/cosmetic so can set things back a few days.

EVERY PAGE. :quote:

Sorry :(

I didn't know.

I highly recommend @Rob Rule's amazing island. I picked up a couple of things from his Cranny, and from Mabel, did a spot of fishing, spoke to a few of his residents, but mostly just enjoyed the craftsmanship. It was a little depressing having to return to my junk pile as my Switch battery was almost out.

@CovisGod I'll get those trainers to you later!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Dave said:

I've picked all my fruit today but I've got a sassy pink gorilla neighbour and there's a hamster in a cage for sale in my shop, if that tickles you.

Dodo code: 7853H

Friend code: SW-4516-1572-1711

Aww...I wanted the hamster :( 

3 hours ago, Dr_Dave said:

I've picked all my fruit today but I've got a sassy pink gorilla neighbour and there's a hamster in a cage for sale in my shop, if that tickles you.

Dodo code: 7853H

Friend code: SW-4516-1572-1711

May I add you as a friend?

I'll likely be AFK but I've opened the gate to Shimendoka to friends. The shop is shut now as it's late here, but I've left a few oranges, cherries and random furniture near the airport. Not got much to spare today as I'm impoverished after a few construction jobs.

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

What’s your Town Name Fuddle? Can I visit please?

Ah sorry didn’t see this.

I’m shut again now, but my town is Avex

I don’t think it’s on the list in the first post.

4842-0073-1045

23 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I'll open again later on!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, vladtepess said:

May I add you as a friend?

Go for it!

Only just realised you can press Y to cover up any dug holes for free! Saves wasting that shovel.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, vladtepess said:

Cool mate! Add me if you like

SW-0356-6301-6238

You should be able to add yourself.

I like how you can manually rotate furniture as well as pushing and pulling it. 

16 minutes ago, spanx said:

Started getting busy on making the place nice...

image.thumb.jpeg.8b1e15ab328f7096578c41247da662a4.jpeg

Is that just laying a design on the floor bud? I’ve refrained as apparently you get actually paths when you unlock terraforming, that looks ace though, did you make it?

Yeah it’s just using a design I downloaded. It’ll do until real paths unlock, and maybe outstay if it looks better!

6 minutes ago, spanx said:

Yeah it’s just using a design I downloaded. It’ll do until real paths unlock, and maybe outstay if it looks better!

Do they disappear if they get run over?

42 minutes ago, spanx said:

Started getting busy on making the place nice...

image.thumb.jpeg.8b1e15ab328f7096578c41247da662a4.jpeg

Just popped in - your island looks fab! Thanks for the ladder 8-)

8 minutes ago, Barnard said:

Do they disappear if they get run over?

No, you use the interact button to get rid of them but I think only the host can do that.

• Upvote 1

Designs support transparency, don't they? Could shave the corners off so you don't get those harsh right angled corners. Although...can you copy/paste a pro design to a second pro design, or maybe duplicate it so you can work on it? If not it'd be a nightmare.

Designs as paths have been a staple for so many years now I'd like to see designs be able to texture the new inbuilt paths mechanic, so corners and borders take care of themselves. 

Gates are open if some wants to visit and grab peaches, oranges or pears. 

Everything spare is going in the iron and brick walled off setting to the right when you arrive. I'm still doing island admin so there will be more fruit in there soon so please don't take things directly from trees or my rocks. 

I've bought what I want from the shop so there's still a mama panda stuffed toy thing if you really want one (I've got one already. 

House is on the left on the beach. Come have a look around!

I want to do some visiting myself after I've done all my bits too so come first and place some orders :p 

dodo code is GYG3G

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Okay, hamster town open again: DJKV5

I'll leave it open for an hour or two.

As is Butterwell, add it to the shopping list. 

Dodode: BJB74

As usual I'll edit this post when I close the gate.