Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Stunning update available Nov 5th.

Mr Do 71

2 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

sure, no problem... let me know a couple of times that work for you and you can pop over.

I'll be on mostly at the same time as the Euros footy matches if that's any good to you?

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

There's a new seasonal item available.

If it's new then how come I have it already. 😛 

2 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I'll be on mostly at the same time as the Euros footy matches if that's any good to you?

If it's new then how come I have it already. 😛 

Well, it was new when it appeared a few days ago :D 

I've opened the gates to friends if you want to pop over now @Stevo Of course it's fine if now's not a good time. Anyone else is welcome too, not that there's anything to do, but yeah. I'll leave it open for a while and will likely be AFK. :)

(Bamboo Grass thing was around last year, right?:sherlock:)

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

I've opened the gates to friends if you want to pop over now @Stevo Of course it's fine if now's not a good time. Anyone else is welcome too, not that there's anything to do, but yeah. I'll leave it open for a while and will likely be AFK. :)

(Bamboo Grass thing was around last year, right?:sherlock:)

I'll swing over in about 15 mins if that does you!

Haha yeah I think I got the "new" item a year ago. ;) 

5 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Aha, you've been and gone. I've sent you a couple surfboards. :)

I came, I wandered around, I heard about your islanders itchy balls, I blew bubbles in your general direction and I fled before I could catch the itch!

uc?export=view&id=1e8iVN_topgGjhNlXj-_H9sd-fEyrez8g

uc?export=view&id=1eCwsHNY2gx3iqM8J7ZRNqXqTtoCP44wU

1 hour ago, Number 28 said:

:lol: I can't even remember teaching them that? Who was it??

The blue unicorn! 😂 And Coco mentioned an itch too.

Julian often says 'You massive prick!' with gusto out of nowhere, which never stops amusing me, but I don't remember him ever having an itch. Are you sure they didn't just have the fleas? I need one more flea for Flick actually. :ph34r:

New Residents Centre opened up yesterday, so now I start the process of making the rest of my island accessible.

I've found a spot the campsite but need to finish gathering the resources, and need to wait till I've paid for a ramp to be put in to reach it.

On the subject of resource gathering. I notice the Axe chops trees down after the third strike, 1. Do they grow back and 2. Would I be better off using the Stone Axe for chopping wood?

Thanks, I figured Stone Axe would work better than having to keep crafting Flimsy Axe's every few minutes? Or is the longevity not quite worth the extra resources?

Also are there any good AC YouTubers? I watch a couple of FFXIV ones that are great at keeping you informed of what's going on

22 hours ago, Stevo said:

Haha yeah I think I got the "new" item a year ago. ;) 

I'm not sure how I feel about the "newbie" coming in here and making me look like a right chump. I'm fine at doing that all by myself thanks :P 

11 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I never use the stone axe, and I just buy a load of flimsy axes from the shop.

Weirdo! Stone axe FTW :quote:

Flimsy/stone are functioning the same yeah @wev just the stone lasts longer. I go for them cause I can’t be bothered buying/crafting more flimsy ones. As said the proper one chops them down on the third hit and you might find it useful to leave a couple of chopped trees stumps about the island too BTW. 

If you’ve not got it yet then check out the Nintendo Online app for your phone/tablet. You can chat in-game if you’re visiting online with the keyboard. Typing in that is easier quicker than doing it in the game. Also can check your catalog for see what items you’ve had. Claim and redeem Nook Points for some special items only available through the app. 600 points I’ve collected now! :hmm:

Mayor Mori is a YouTuber who pumps out pretty regular vids keeping you informed of what’s changing and things to look out for, events etc. 

Also, still got this gold armour DIY card for @deKay 

23 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Also, still got this gold armour DIY card for @deKay

Oh! I thought I’d replied, but clearly haven’t. Having spent a YEAR trying to get one, my wife, who lives on my island for one about ten minutes after I last replied to you. In a balloon! Which isn’t possible according to the wiki.

And then the next day she got another, in a bottle!

Sorry, been in a cocodamol stupor all week and probably forgot to actually click send.

21 hours ago, SteveH said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the "newbie" coming in here and making me look like a right chump. I'm fine at doing that all by myself thanks :P 

Oops. 🥺

Has anyone got the tool shelf in black that they could let me catalogue? I only have it in white and just discovered the other variations. 

14 hours ago, deKay said:

Oh! I thought I’d replied, but clearly haven’t. Having spent a YEAR trying to get one, my wife, who lives on my island for one about ten minutes after I last replied to you. In a balloon! Which isn’t possible according to the wiki.

And then the next day she got another, in a bottle!

Sorry, been in a cocodamol stupor all week and probably forgot to actually click send.

No probs. I’ll flog it to the Nooks :hat:

Just got the tool shelf in white or blue here sorry @Stevo 

Woohoo! :omg:

iLj3Sb2.jpg

Not a bad haul for a little bug hunting session…

LRvwe7X.jpg

I thought I had that shelf in black but only got it in white and a sort of pale green colour?

In other news it's my birthday today and they threw me a nice little party and K.K turned up to play me a song :) 

I haven't posted in here much but given it's picked up in popularity at home again, I think it's daft this game didn't really get a proper expansion or update. Yes, it's got the monthly and seasonal thing gong on, but that's what you'd expect of Fortnite or something. This thing sold hand over fist, it wouldn't have hurt to have an expansion.

I mean, the mental health of users isn't Nintendo's concern, but this is a great game for that. So at our place, we're completely redoing the island. Glad I saved up millions from the last time I played daily, they've got big landscaping changes planned.

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

I thought I had that shelf in black but only got it in white and a sort of pale green colour?

In other news it's my birthday today and they threw me a nice little party and K.K turned up to play me a song :) 

Happy birthday! 🎂

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Wahey! Many happy returns!

3 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Check mail. :) 

Thanks very much!! And another surfboard too... radical!

On 04/07/2021 at 14:46, TehStu said:

I haven't posted in here much but given it's picked up in popularity at home again, I think it's daft this game didn't really get a proper expansion or update. Yes, it's got the monthly and seasonal thing gong on, but that's what you'd expect of Fortnite or something. This thing sold hand over fist, it wouldn't have hurt to have an expansion.

I mean, the mental health of users isn't Nintendo's concern, but this is a great game for that. So at our place, we're completely redoing the island. Glad I saved up millions from the last time I played daily, they've got big landscaping changes planned.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they did do an expansion at some point.  Look at Super Mario Party, that had an online update applied more than 2 years after release!  This is Ninty we are talking about...

20 hours ago, Mitchell said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if they did do an expansion at some point.  Look at Super Mario party, that had aonline update applied more than 2 years after release!  This is Ninty we are talking about...

That update to New Leaf came pretty late in the day so there is some precedent for us to cling to!

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

Can a single hybrid spawn more of the same or do I need to breed em?

Yeah, that's spot on method for cloning. Plant it so that it's not touching any other colour variety of its same species in an adjacent space (including diagonally) water it each day and hopefully a clone will pop up soon.

If you're getting loads you can plant a big bunch together as long as it's not two of the same species next to each other.

Like this below was my hybrid cloning patch area back when I was farming them. The ones in the dirt what I'd planted and all that days new clones that'd spawned...

On 30/05/2020 at 22:09, Meatball said:

8ABE743D-C422-44B4-B74E-2CA9630A3AE9.thumb.jpeg.ebfbae25bb046a74d219f63deb0c7243.jpeg

Thanks--I will stick with watering this lone hybrid pansy and see what happens!

In other news, there is a new (?) seasonal item until 22nd: ship-wheel door decoration.

I don't suppose anyone could help me out with a few items, namely: 

- bamboo stool
- shell stool
- hyacinth lamp

- floor light in white (have orange, red, green)

The two stools and lamp come from DIYs. If anyone has a spare DIY that'd be great, or if not and someone can craft the items I will gladly stump up the ingredients!

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Stunning update available Nov 5th.