I thought that was a cracking episode. So much genuine laughter among the contestants at the stupidity they'd demonstrated. Wonderful stuff (and the outtake posted earlier was hilarious (apologies for not crediting it, I'm a hopeless buffoon when it comes to quoting more than once in one comment).

On 17/10/2020 at 08:33, Yobo Ahoy said:

However I must admit I genuinely have no idea who Richard fucking Herring is I'm afraid! 

Here's a bit that's from his show "Menage a un". It's a little disjointed here, where he's having to condense it, but still one of my favourites:

25 minutes ago, MarkN said:

I thought that was a cracking episode. So much genuine laughter among the contestants at the stupidity they'd demonstrated. Wonderful stuff (and the outtake posted earlier was hilarious (apologies for not crediting it, I'm a hopeless buffoon when it comes to quoting more than once in one comment).

Here's a bit that's from his show "Menage a un". It's a little disjointed here, where he's having to condense it, but still one of my favourites:

Proud to say I was the pity fuck, "is there any other kind, mate?" guy when he did this show at Preston.

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

Having never seen an episode before or heard of it I watched the series 10 episode 1 today in absolute hysterics.

I envy you so much. Would love to binge the first 9 series having not seen them before 

Bit of a weaker episode tonight I thought, though still more fun than 99% of things on tv at the moment. Johnny Vegas was the star of the show for me.

Spoiler

The noises from the umpires chair were good but the hip thrusting while stood up in the boat was amazing.

I wish C4 would stop giving away spoilers in the week when they advertise it though, and the announcer at the end of the George Clarke show that was on beforehand gave away what one of the tasks was. Does my nut.

Also if you're not able to watch live then do NOT check the Taskmaster twitter account as they upload a fucking hundred gifs from the episode as it airs. I'm gonna have to put them on mute until the season is over. Infuriating.

God, Vegas's upright boat shuffle was the most dignified yet hilarious thing I've seen. It needs a gif.

The prize efforts have been universally awful so far, unfortunately. Except perhaps Mawaan's crochet bunny, which was excellently shit.

9 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

God, Vegas's upright boat shuffle was the most dignified yet hilarious thing I've seen. It needs a gif.

The prize efforts have been universally awful so far, unfortunately. Except perhaps Mawaan's crochet bunny, which was excellently shit.

Thinking they’ve been poor because they’re just grabbing stuff from around their homes due to Covid.

To be honest though, the prize category this week was a bit uninspired too.

Whilst its not on a par with Josh tattooing Gregs name on his foot, i think the joy of this series so far has been how awful the first round objects have been.  They appear to have deliberately set out to bring the most shit thing they can find. Daisy's bottle of wine week one and then a crumpet are genius.

Josh's tattoo wasn't a prize task, it was the old £20 gift task.

But series one was one hell of a starter for the prize tasks - wedding rings, blank cheques, Frank Skinner being genuinely surprised to find out he's giving away a ring worth a few thousand, etc.

21 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Whilst its not on a par with Josh tattooing Gregs name on his foot, i think the joy of this series so far has been how awful the first round objects have been.  They appear to have deliberately set out to bring the most shit thing they can find. Daisy's bottle of wine week one and then a crumpet are genius.

Aye that's true, but I think the show is at its best when the contestants take it overly seriously. Think Ed Gamble and James Acaster getting genuinely annoyed at not winning tasks. As much as I like Jo Brand and David Baddiel I felt their series fell a bit flat as neither of them gave a fuck about winning.

It does need a mix though I guess. You couldn't have all five contestants being uber competitive, but this time it seems none of them are particularly so.

1 hour ago, Papaya Dance said:

Aye that's true, but I think the show is at its best when the contestants take it overly seriously. Think Ed Gamble and James Acaster getting genuinely annoyed at not winning tasks. As much as I like Jo Brand and David Baddiel I felt their series fell a bit flat as neither of them gave a fuck about winning.

It does need a mix though I guess. You couldn't have all five contestants being uber competitive, but this time it seems none of them are particularly so.

Yeah I get the sense they were counting on Richard Herring to fill that role, but so far he's just coming across as quite eager rather than obsessed with winning.

I'm still enjoying how shit they are at everything, and how much they clearly know it. Hopefully that doesn't start to get boring towards the latter half of the series.

That was a brilliant episode. I thought Richard was robbed on his upside down film - it wasn’t as good as Johnnie’s, but it was a close second place. Definitely not as shit as Daisy’s (which was admittedly magnificently shit). 

There's something oddly satisfying about the series 4 line up. Airing between the 2016 and 2017 series of Great British Bake Off and having the former presenter (Mel) and the future presenter (Noel) on it. Which I'm sure was pointed out nearer the time but I'm just catching up.

And my god this is amazing!

BOX! A BOX! BOX! BOX? :lol:

Great episode. Daisy's film was quite something.

Richard Herring and Ed Gamble did a stream on Wednesday, he talks about the filming of this series a bit with some incredibly mild spoilers ("there's something quite controversial in this week's episode" etc):

Johnny

Spoiler

talking about the accident in the work place and then the ladder giving out was up there with potato-golf-gate and hula hoop fail for me.

Strong series so far, hoping they announce the cast for the next one at the end of this series!

This week's episode was brilliant. Getting better each week I have to say. 

I've also been re-watching some old ones, I really miss some of the individual tasks and the meltdowns that follow. Josh Widdicombe counting spaghetti hoops, Mel Giedroyc trying to hide a giant beach ball etc. Added an extra layer of fun I thought.