6 and 8 are absolutely the duds. Lou Sanders is the only person I enjoyed from either. The next weakest is 3, except that Rob Beckett and Sara Pascoe turned out to be surprisingly enjoyable (especially together, when it suddenly became clear that they're male and female versions of the same person).

The next Champion of Champions could go either way. Lou and Ed are both good but I really didn't take to Kerry.

16 hours ago, cubik said:

I'm surprised anyone would have season 6 as a low point. "The tall motherfucker with the ivory hair" is still one of the highlights of the entire run.

Alice Levine isn't a natural comedian but didn't stand out as being particularly bad. The group as a whole worked well.

Joe Thomas let series 8 down with his gormless and constant "Tim nice but dim" act but again, the others made up for it.

The only series that I'd put on the don't bother list is series 4. I know others love it but I can't stand Noel Fielding which probably doesn't help.

As for a favourite, 5 has to be up there for Bob Mortimer's edible face and Nish & Mark's song, series 2 for everyone trying to impress a town's mayor and series 9 for Rose Matafeo's TM theme song lyrics.

I particularly liked Ed's baby one.  That had me cracking up.

I quite liked Alice Levine, in a series where everyone is trying so hard to thinking out of the box she seemed to think most things through fairly logically, though nowhere near as logically as Kerry "Bosh" Godliman

Unless they really do mean series 11, rather than counting Champion of Champions as series 6.

Oh, I hadn't actually considered that! The Taskmaster reddit seems to think it is the case

The tasks for two series are filmed concurrently (that's why if you watch closely the weather varies a lot over the course of a series!). The studio section is filmed a month or two before transmission, but it looks like this time they filmed both series studio segments back-to-back.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Taskmaster time!:omg:

I really hope Rich is absolutely terrible at everything, it would be the perfect punchline to him pining to be on it for so long

2 hours ago, NickC said:

I wonder if there will be a bleeped version available. Our while family (kids 5 & 8yrs) watched that version on Dave and the kids loved it.

Absolute, solid, stone cold classic. 

Watching a man try to fill an egg with helium so it will float, is still making me laugh now. 

I thought Daisy was going to laugh so hard she would give birth on set.

Brilliant 

Was I watching something completely different? Mawaan and Daisy were funny (apart from the latter's laugh) and Johnny was trying his best to bring a bit of life to it but the other two were bone dry. It doesn't help that the boisterous atmosphere has been sucked out of it for obvious reasons.

Loved it, good strong first episode for reasons already outlined. What I also enjoy about this show is when you have individuals who approach tasks in creative or whacky ways.

Mawaan's vanishing 

Spoiler

cow

was absolute genius.

8 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Was I watching something completely different? Mawaan and Daisy were funny (apart from the latter's laugh) and Johnny was trying his best to bring a bit of life to it but the other two were bone dry. It doesn't help that the boisterous atmosphere has been sucked out of it for obvious reasons.

No, but maybe check your pulse ;)  One of the “other two” was Richard fucking Herring!  The atmosphere was there in spades, it looked like they were all having a great time.  I thought Daisy was going to go into labour at any minute.  

Such a glorious show, just what 2020 needed.

I haven't watched it yet, we'll be watching the bleeped version on Sunday with the kids.

But I always find it interesting how people can relate completely differently to the comedians in this show. It's like a microcosm of comedy in general I suppose. You often see people saying they can't stand a certain comedian's style, one that's clearly very popular with others.

But, with a Taskmaster series sometimes you'll see people warming to certain comedians as a series develops. It's like a gateway show to acts you are not familiar with.

Plus the vibe between comedians in Taskmaster is a big part of the fun, and it reminds you there's a lot of mutual love and respect between comedians. It's a really tight community that's developed through touring with each other, gigging on the same bills and comedy festivals.

Don't get me wrong, it's still better than 90% of most TV. I guess my expectations are just sky high after such a long break.

I know who Katherine Parkinson is but she's so serious, it kind of smacks of her agent trying to maneuver her back into more comedy roles (I know she's been in Defending The Innocent Guilty recently but she plays a stuffy barrister). However I must admit I genuinely have no idea who Richard fucking Herring is I'm afraid! 

6 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Don't get me wrong, it's still better than 90% of most TV. I guess my expectations are just sky high after such a long break.

I know who Katherine Parkinson is but she's so serious, it kind of smacks of her agent trying to maneuver her back into more comedy roles (I know she's been in Defending The Innocent Guilty recently but she plays a stuffy barrister). However I must admit I genuinely have no idea who Richard fucking Herring is I'm afraid! 

That happens every season with me but its still always great TV. I think people get too hung up on there not being any huge names on it. As long as they do daft shit in a funny way, I dont really care.