Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 23/04/2021 at 02:07, Chopsocky said:

I think I coughed up a lung with the last episode. Absolute classic!

I was watching, enjoying it but thinking it's not coughing up a lung funny. Then it happened.

 

I agree with everyone else, Wozniak has made this series a classic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Wozniak's St Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter Podcast is really great as well. He plays a slightly more inept version of the same character in that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PK said:

Mike Wozniak's St Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter Podcast is really great as well. He plays a slightly more inept version of the same character in that.


Agreed. Been listening to it for the last few weeks and it’s genuinely excellent. A few episodes have had me in bursts of laughter whilst out walking. And it’s fun spotting the other taskmaster contestants over the years as guest characters on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thesnwmn said:


Agreed. Been listening to it for the last few weeks and it’s genuinely excellent. A few episodes have had me in bursts of laughter whilst out walking. And it’s fun spotting the other taskmaster contestants over the years as guest characters on it.

 

The natterjack toad saga has had me in tears at least twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PK said:

Mike Wozniak's St Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter Podcast is really great as well. He plays a slightly more inept version of the same character in that.

Getting straight on that. He's been amazing this series.

 

Just caught up with Thursdays episode, that was brilliant. Jamali just stamping the shit out of everything was hilarious but that fart....oh my god that fart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

An enjoyable episode. Good mix of tasks.

 

The tower task though does that thing the show does occasionally... offers an exciting big task that never quite delivers. Not really the tasks fault but the build up to Mike and Lee throwing away their shots somehow leaves me flat. You laugh but I’d love to have seen a big score.

 

And they really needed brooms rather than mops for the fish curling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit hit and miss this series, but the good bits are great. The weather task went on for way too long, but the tower task was very funny. And I really liked Jamali and Sarah turning on Alex at the end. The studio task seemed very similar indeed to at least one previous task, but it was worth it for Mike Wozniak's face when Sarah Kendall's fish went off the side.

 

Paul SInha was on a podcast a while back where he said that he suspects the programme makers sometimes deliberately group all the tasks that a particular person did best at into one episode, to ensure that everyone wins at least one episode - hence Charlotte Ritchie winning last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K said:

Paul SInha was on a podcast a while back where he said that he suspects the programme makers sometimes deliberately group all the tasks that a particular person did best at into one episode, to ensure that everyone wins at least one episode - hence Charlotte Ritchie winning last night.

 

I've only watched the first five series of this and thought it was obvious they did this, but maybe it only becomes obvious if you binge a lot of episodes in a very short amount of time like I have. 

 

I also sometimes suspect that when they group tasks together that one person does well in, they are also kinder to them on the item task at the beginning of said episode. The item task can be arbitrarily judged however Greg likes really so it's an easy one to manipulate. Harder to prove this though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They absolutely shuffle tasks for effect and as suggested to have everyone win an episode where possible. There are a few who never did I think. Maybe for effect or because they were just that bad.

 

Like they must film all the aircraft hanger and locale stuff in one day in this series. But it’s spread over the series.

 

The biggest shame with letting Charlotte win one is she seemed a bit underwhelmed by doing so. I prefer her abject failure for the most part and taking it like a champ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Majora said:

 

I've only watched the first five series of this and thought it was obvious they did this, but maybe it only becomes obvious if you binge a lot of episodes in a very short amount of time like I have. 

 

I also sometimes suspect that when they group tasks together that one person does well in, they are also kinder to them on the item task at the beginning of said episode. The item task can be arbitrarily judged however Greg likes really so it's an easy one to manipulate. Harder to prove this though.

 

I'm fascinated that anyone cares about the competition aspect, apart from the contestants. It's just a chance to make a few more jokes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a difference between "cares" and "noticed".

 

I'd say they competition is a good thread in the show. The way that some contestants are pushing to win is fun, as is the fact that some just have no idea what is going on.

 

But the shuffling to me is more interesting* from the quality/consistency perspective. You get what I'd consider to be comparatively duff episodes. Maybe it's because what's funny is so personal and therefore some just don't click for me. But sometimes there's an episode I just think is really flat overall. Or offers little task variety. And that was a decision the team made.

 

* although not really

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Festoon said:

 

I'm fascinated that anyone cares about the competition aspect, apart from the contestants. It's just a chance to make a few more jokes.

 

You're taking it more seriously than me. I'm interested from a production standpoint, not because I care who wins each episode. Obviously they make a conscious decision to structure the tasks in a certain way, if you're not interested in talking about it then don't?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2021 at 20:52, Majora said:

 

You're taking it more seriously than me. I'm interested from a production standpoint, not because I care who wins each episode. Obviously they make a conscious decision to structure the tasks in a certain way, if you're not interested in talking about it then don't?

 

Chill man. I was just expressing surprise, it wasn't a dig at you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I’m surprised the weather task was even aired.

Yes, that was tedious. Props to the prop department who built a brilliant desert island set but it really didn't give the contestants much to work with, and it showed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sort of agree but loved Charlotte's effort. Worth it for that imo

 

Which is probably why it made the cut. A Charlotte win necessary to give her an episode win. She got 14 points in the recorded tasks. Enough so that a few from the prize and final could get it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamali's hail got a laugh from me, as did the sea on fire and Mike's pathetic little rainbow. There were laughs there, so I don't see the problem. 

 

It was no airport obstacle course, put it that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's certainly clear from this series that they're filming a group of tasks all together on one day. Mike and Greg were openly discussing it on the last episode when Mike talked about how one challenge had been filmed before his fart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well obviously. They'd not book any of them just to pop down to TM House to film one task then call it a day. There's 150 'proper' tasks to film, minus however many team tasks there are this series so of course they'll be filmed in batches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.