Sign in to follow this  
mr_woo

Judge Eyes announced (PS4 - Ryu Ga Gotoku studios New IP. Out Dec 13th 2018 in Japan. Jp demo out today. Western release confirmed for 2019)

5 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Game will have the arcade games Fighting Vipers and Motor Raid.

Still waiting for Last Bronx to show up in one of these titles (not available on current consoles even as classic releases), but these ain't bad at all.

57 minutes ago, mushashi said:

That must be the first official port for Motor Raid, never even seen it in the wild.

Worth the price alone then. Loved that game and it gave me such an Akria vibe. 

Enjoyed a brief go on the demo. I'd already watched the Kotaku video, so it seemed a little redundant. The combat felt much improved over the Yakuzas and the Fist of The North Star demo.

Not a day one, but a decent £20 game for me.

• Empathy 2

Ok my wife discovered this so we downloaded the demo and it's fantastic. The combination of a fresh take on Japan, quality Japanese actors and Alexandros, my wife's favourite band at the moment means this is a must buy. 

• Upvote 1

New name and an English dub, which just seems weird to me:

It has Japanese voices and English subs so all good, but it seems like Sega are putting an absolute ton of effort into this as they are effectively translating the game twice.

• Upvote 3

Thank god, they're giving the choice. I'm not a dub/sub snob, and generally I'll go with the dub in my native language for most games. But these games are just so Japanese that a English dub won't feel any less wrong than it did when you had Mark Hamill doing his Joker voice for Majima.

Excellent news :) Note that they're also doing dual subs; one that matches up with the English dub and one that translates the Japanese dub. I'm guessing it's the same fantastic localization team that has been responsible for the last few Yakuza games. Who would have guessed that Sega would become the leading example of quality localization in the games industry!

• Upvote 1

I want Motor Raid on my PS4. Not enough to buy a Yakuza spin off I have little to no interest in though.

Put Daytona 2/Scud Race/Spikeout in one of these games though and I'll buy it (and not play the main game beyond getting to the arcade).

Oh, man, there had better be Japanese voices with English subtitles in the western release. That dub is awful.

Edit: :D at 'Objection'.

Edit2: OK, you discussed the subs upthread - dual subs? Nice that they're going the extra mile.

I just read the comments section of that link.

Never read the comments.

Seems like a crazy response to one of your actors snorting some bullshit, either way. Do not punish the fanbase for the actions of your maverick actors, Mr. Sega.

Seems like a pretty weird decision to pull the game in Japan, and also fairly pointless.

The game has been out for months in Japan and based on what I`ve seen over the years, I think Yakuza games(and spin offs) in Japan sell to the loyal fanbase immediately at release and then hit the bargain bins extremely quickly (moreso than a lot of other game series/franchises).

Apparently it's common for Japan to erase a person's work from existence if their arrested on drug related charges

I can understand how that logic might apply to the members of a squeaky clean carefully manufactured pop group under the iron grip of some talent company and aimed at a fanbase of kids and/or deluded otaku. A voice actor in a game about Yakuza, sold to adults who one would assume are interested in glamorized depictions of Yakuza etc, less so.

One would assume the Yakuza fanbase don`t care enough to need the game pulled, so who is the move intended to appease?

Maybe they`re worried about the knock on effect it might have on sales of the next sonic game?

17 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Bit bizarre.

It mentions a previous example of this happening too, so I don't know why they don't just make their own character models like every other game ever?

By doing what they've been doing, Yakuza features arguably the best and most convincing character models of any game, ever. The performance and range of emotions /facial expressions combined with the superb voice acting of the three bad Yakuza bosses in Zero for example, is unparalleled.

Space Channel 5 Part 2 had it’s UK release cancelled days before release after that Martin Bashir documentary about Michael Jackson being a kiddy fiddler. They still released it everywhere else in Europe though.

NHK are removing every episode of the dramas he has appeared in and Sony Music has removed all Denki Groove products (a duo he is part of).

He is apparently the major antagonist of Judge Eyes so "replacing" him would be a massive undertaking I would expect.

I can see this getting a massive delay and will fundamentally change the product, possibility for the worst. Madness.

This news sucks!

3 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Does this mean that there's a real life Goro Majima doppelganger out there?

Some look exactly like their real life counterparts, others (mostly the characters from the early PS2 titles) not so much. Sadly, with Majima it's just the eyes and moustache: link

The characters from Zero and 6 would be unsettling to accidentally bump into wandering around Tokyo :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

Is the PS3 version of Yakuza 4 still on PSN? That apparently has someone who did drugs in it.

It is. He has been erased and replaced with a different looking character. And that was based on only allegations. In this case, he wasn't done on possession but traces in urine tests.

27 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

It is. He has been erased and replaced with a different looking character. And that was based on only allegations. In this case, he wasn't done on possession but traces in urine tests.

I can't view the video, but the PS4 remake changed it. But the PS3 game?

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Some look exactly like their real life counterparts, others (mostly the characters from the early PS2 titles) not so much. Sadly, with Majima it's just the eyes and moustache: link

The characters from Zero and 6 would be unsettling to accidentally bump into wandering around Tokyo :lol:

Kuze and Awano look the part.